Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,187,140 members, 7,931,916 topics. Date: Monday, 26 August 2024 at 02:29 PM

While We Groan They Dance - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / While We Groan They Dance (401 Views)

Davido's Uncle, Adeleke Rocks A Pretty Lady As They Dance To Tekno's Song. Video / States Groan Under Debt Bondage / Lagosians Groan As Using Ojota Foot-bridge Becomes Difficult (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

While We Groan They Dance by Gentlegun(m): 10:49pm On Oct 28, 2016
Everybody in Nigeria is talking about one thing; RECESSION. Though as a country we are in recession, the effect is not felt by everyone. While the average families are struggling to feed, the poor are dying for lack of what to eat. A part of the rich families are cutting down their budget while the other part dances in their churches or campaign grounds. The ruling party are singing two songs at the same time, they start by singing ‘it wasn’t me’ by shaggy and conclude with ‘its gonna be fine its gonna be well its gonna be ok’. Our national assembly members are too heavy to dance because of their heavy allowances, and fly home salaries.
The government of the day says corruption is to be blame for all our problems. What is corruption? To me corruption is selfishness. I see selfishness everywhere; the ruling party loves itself too much to accept a single blame for the state of the economy, so they blame the past administration.That is why they can’t solve the nation’s economic problems, because they keep looking and dwelling in the past and dreaming about a future which they planned nothing for today. It's for selfish reasons that the cabinet is full of politicians and less technocrats. If they can only leave the past in and plan for tomorrow today , rather than wasting the whole of today preaching 2019 campaign speeches. If they can only look beyond party lines and search and add more knowledgeable brains that could come and contribute in building the country’s economy. Then they won’t have to go paying consultants outside the country in search for solutions.
Another group who are dancing secretly is the business men and women, who are frowning and complaining more than the people they, are killing with their fake prices. The way the business men and women are acting today reminds me of the era of subsidy, when marketers became billionaires on the blood and tears of the poor. That’s how the business men are playing hide and seek, buying much and praying for the price to increase. And as their prayers are daily being answered they dance to the bank. They forget that they are involved in a bigger business called Nigeria. Forgetting that when their inflated prices pull the country down. Their money in the bank will have no value and so they will also go down. Even if they move outside the shores of this country, they can only live as dogs and not as lions.
Whether CHANGE BEGINS WITH ME or CORRUPTION NOT IN MY COUNTRY. All these beautiful slogans, can only succeed if we all kill and bury our selfish self for good. If not they will only remain a source of income for those creating the adverts.
Re: While We Groan They Dance by mikolo80: 2:17am On Oct 29, 2016
Then you too enter business na, Abi?

(1) (Reply)

Abati Unable To Meet Bail Conditions, Still In EFCC Custody / Why It's Not Good To Hate Because If Religion / Militants Shun Buhari’s Peace Parley, Vow To Continue Bombing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.