Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,957 members, 7,873,064 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 07:35 AM

Nigeria : Stereotyping The North And South - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria : Stereotyping The North And South (730 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu, His Father And South-East Governors Meet In Enugu (Photos) / 2019: ADP Zones The Presidency To The North And Vice President South East / Osinbajo Is Behind The North And South-east Crisis-northern Elders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria : Stereotyping The North And South by Nairadean(m): 1:55pm On Oct 29, 2016
BY Salami Ismail

NIGERIA (I): STEREOTYPING THE NORTH
Any Northern elite fighting over oil is lazy and myopic! The North is so blessed with arable land more than capable of making that region economically viable and independent. If the Northerners had gotten their acts together, we should not be importing wheat and rice in this country!

The most hardworking Northerners are the indigenous ethnicities. The Fulani (feudal) wants to be served. The Hausas are very hardworking, but mingling with the Fulanis has made them talk from both sides of the mouth!

Virtually all textile plants in the North have shut down. Cotton farms are almost non existent! To make matters worse,the enabling environment is hostile. would you invest in the North as at present? I am not talking Kogi or Kebbi states. Both Benue (especially the Tiv part) and Plateau states are conflict hotbeds! The NE is ravaged by insurgency.

The Northern elites are lazy and they prefer the easy way out. They are the champions of petro-corruption. Crude oil brings the big pie and since they got their hands stuck in it, they do not want to let go.

The indigenous Northerners are extremely hardworking. Most agricultural products that sustain us in this country come from the North.

My sympathy lies with the millions of the Northern poor masses as they are mainly restricted by the feudal systems obtainable in the North.

The Northern ruling elites, especially the governors, need to work aggressively on the very low Human Development Index (HDI) of the Northern region.

Folks of Northern extraction have been at the helms of affairs in this country for over 40 years of our 56-year existence, yet the Northern region’s HDI is extremely poor and that’s putting it mildly!

The feudal overlords and Arabic conquistadors see their subjects as insignificant beyond their selfish interests. They exhibit little appetite for upgrading the mental values of their subjects. Hence the
reason why illiteracy, VVF, poverty is comparatively higher in the North. An offshoot of these negatives indices is the birth of homegrown terrorism! The data is there for everyone to see.

I hope you will see this as an expression of facts and not a propagation of tribalism!

NIGERIA (II): STEREOTYPING THE SOUTH

For as many lazy-myopic Northern elite that we have in this country, there are double greedy-selfish Southern elite too.

The Southern masses who pride themselves as hardworking, literate, far sighted and smart are just a bunch of self-deceiving hypocrites who are as complicit as their Northern counterparts.

God knows that Northerners have very little to do with the terrible reputation Nigeria has all over the world.
How many Hausa or Fulani people have you seen paraded for drug trafficking or internet fraudster (419ers)? This job description is the speciality of the Igbos and Yorubas!

The strongest football team in Bandung, the third largest city in Indonesia, is a team of Nigerians in prison and guess what, they are all Southerners!
But no, Let us focus on VVF, leaving the log in our eye while trying to fix the speck in another’s eye!

For the Northern VVF statistics, peruse the Southern HIV/AIDS statistics. For Northern insurgents/terrorists, see Southern vandals/kidnappers. For Northern beggars statistics, check the Southern prostitutes statistics!

While the Northern elites deliberately ran down a very productive region to chase after petrodollars, their Southern elites also stifled the Southern masses for selfish interests.

Let’s go down the slavery lane. Slavery built Liverpool. Why did slavery not build Badagry or Benin Or Calabar? Every slave in Liverpool was previously sold at some African port, so what did the Africans do with their share of the loot?

Evidently our forefathers were very much like the Nigerian leadership today – shortsighted and inept!

Truth be told, the lack of a feudal system handicaps the South. Everybody is a ‘big man’ or an ‘over-sabi’. No one wants to bow down or follow. How can you have leadership without a follower-ship?

Then people talk about tourism in Nigeria. How can tourism flourish when the porter thinks he is better than the tourist and only carries your bag for the opportunity to steal it?

Yes , it is a very Southern thing and we will say ‘Malo/Aboki (Hausa) is not sharp’. But in all honesty, virtually all Southern ‘street smartness’ is criminally inclined!

I hope you will see this as an expression of facts and not a propagation of tribalism!

Source:
https://ibadanelite./2016/10/29/nigeria-stereotyping-the-north-and-south/

1 Like

Re: Nigeria : Stereotyping The North And South by Blue3k(m): 2:02pm On Oct 29, 2016
Lol I like this article. Pretty interesting.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria : Stereotyping The North And South by AnodaIT(m): 2:21pm On Oct 29, 2016
Just exactly what we were discussing today
Re: Nigeria : Stereotyping The North And South by Nairadean(m): 2:22pm On Oct 29, 2016
cc lalasticlala, Seun, mynd44, oam4j
Re: Nigeria : Stereotyping The North And South by orimsam: 2:31pm On Oct 29, 2016
Okay
Re: Nigeria : Stereotyping The North And South by ZKOSOSO(m): 2:43pm On Oct 29, 2016
Dem don come again ooooo...!
North Agric...
North Rich in minerals....
North get oil.....

But when you mention Nnamdi Kanu....Biafra fear go de catch dem upandan.....

If truly they mean all these claims....then let's divide. So that for once there can be genuine peace in the land..
Re: Nigeria : Stereotyping The North And South by Blue3k(m): 2:54pm On Oct 29, 2016
ZKOSOSO:
Dem don come again ooooo...!
North Agric...
North Rich in minerals....
North get oil.....

But when you mention Nnamdi Kanu....Biafra fear go de catch dem upandan.....

If truly they mean all these claims....then let's divide. So that for once there can be genuine peace in the land..

They listed potential if you read article they admitted south is economicly superior, educationally,etc. Nobody argues those details. Northern Nigeria does have strong qualities if they utilized instead of worrying about oil revenue would drag them out poverty.

The reas on they don't want to let the south east go. South east does boast highest educated and they are pretty good economicly lastly they have lowest HIV prevalence. It would be a blow to Nigeria. I feel we need fiscal federalism and a few reforms and a few years we'll be a Top dogs on the continent.

The only thing I disagree with is southern nigerian havin higher HIV prevalence. I did the numbers and it's not true. I know we're talking stereotypes. SS states like Akwa Ibom and cross river have it worst. In aggregate Southern Nigeria is still lower.

Meaning SS + SW +SE < NC + NE +NW

Re: Nigeria : Stereotyping The North And South by Nasman(m): 3:18pm On Oct 29, 2016
That's true. And I love this article. When I was in Malaysia, the locals prefer Nigerian from the North. And they always ask me this question, why are those thick looking Nigerians in jails, different from you people.
However, back at home. Southerners tends to think they are superior compare to Northerners. Well, the same thing applied to Northerners, they have little respect for them.

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Is A Confused President, Nigeria Needs A Revolution - Ayodele Akele / We’ll Reject Punishment For Dollar Hoarders – Senate / When You Hate Anything APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.