Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,939 members, 7,890,096 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 09:14 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 - Travel (54) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (994727 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) ... (416) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by gaby22: 5:02pm On Dec 11, 2016
oniwoski:

When are u likely to enter the US
. Will travel by January ending.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Beehandz(m): 5:29pm On Dec 11, 2016
MPhil:

This is true definition of #JesusDidIt
I'm next in line IJN
#Team2017

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Chanbaby: 6:40pm On Dec 11, 2016
chloe7:
Chanbaby congratulations after every you still scaled, that's God in action, which bureau de change did you buy $ from?
Mphil your story na real Mphil thesis with favour from man and God, all Is well that ends well in Jesus name.

Sulah bureau de change
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by kgodie: 7:03pm On Dec 11, 2016
Mphil I'm sure you're a tither. Only you get all these favours. Your case is really divine. In this Era of #mycaseisdifferent. I shall key into it too. Congrats bro.

6 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Onedimple: 7:46pm On Dec 11, 2016
Hi everyone. I have been a silent follower here for few weeks now. Myself and DW got our visas approved mid-October for a vacation in the US later this month, but we discovered DW was few weeks pregnant by mid-November and will be due by late July 2017. So we are planning she give birth in the US. Although We'll be back from vacation in January but my question is, can she send a "letter of change of intent" to the US embassy by the time she wants to go for childbirth?. Thanks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by KaptainAfrika: 8:00pm On Dec 11, 2016
Where you asked any of the following questions...
1. Do you intend to use this visa for any other purpose apart from vacation?
2. Will be taking any medical treatment in the US?
3. Is your wife pregnant?
4. Did you mention that your wife was pregnant.

Go for your vacation first, I just hope CBP don't ask if your wife is preggy, that will complicate things.
If you are successful in gaining entry into the US for vacation (you and your wife), when you get back to Naija, notify them of intent to use your visa for childbirth on the next trip.

Onedimple:
Hi everyone. I have been a silent follower here for few weeks now. Myself and DW got our visas approved mid-October for a vacation in the US later this month, but we discovered DW was few weeks pregnant by mid-November and will be due by late July 2017. So we are planning she give birth in the US. Although We'll be back from vacation in January but my question is, can she send a "letter of change of intent" to the US embassy by the time she wants to go for childbirth?. Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Amother4life: 9:06pm On Dec 11, 2016
justwise:

Nigerian law forbids those with dual citizenship from applying for job like DSS or NNIA, so i'm out of it.

But you can be Minister of defense but not a DSS operative? I would think the minister had a higher level of security clearance . Sen Obanikoro has dual citizenship and was a Minister of defense in Nigeria.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by mamacajah: 9:59pm On Dec 11, 2016
@Mphil, I love this your testimony. We serve an awesome GOD. You went and conquered triumphantly! I key into this your testimony for my future journeys and for close friends of mine who will soon embark on heir journey as well.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Udiboy(f): 11:38pm On Dec 11, 2016
Please is any mama coming to us tomoro? I have a small letter that I need urgently here in US. It's just a recommendation letter but I need it so urgently that I can't for it to be sent on Tuesday via dhl which takes 5 days at least to get to US address.
Please is there any faster means I can use?
Please help .
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by XX01(f): 12:06am On Dec 12, 2016
Posh404:
Good morning mamas in the house. please can i pack all my load in 1 place instead of having two 23kg bags. i would rather go with just 1 bag but surely weighs more than 23kg. i will be flying with lufthansa.

Get ready for the stopover in Frankfurt. That exercise is gangsta.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by XX01(f): 12:25am On Dec 12, 2016
Austine2020:
Thats correct. I always tell people that what works for one might not work for another. These VO's are different people with different ideas,thinking and understanding. One VO might deny your application while another VO will give you a visa when u reapply. People shouldn't be afraid to reapply,because those VO's see things differently,just do your homework well and all will be fine. Goodluck to everyone!!

Trump was elected Nov 8 and her interview was same day.

1. The results might not have been out at that time.
2. Even if the results were out, it was too early for people to start to show their bias.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by firsttymum(f): 1:16am On Dec 12, 2016
Mphil wow... Different testimonies... Wow.

Chanbaby congratulations.... God of shiloh showed up.
#mycaseisdifferent.

Thank you Lord for these testimonies.

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by colegold100: 3:30am On Dec 12, 2016
colegold100:
This platform is a life saver,I must confess!
Kudos to the Pros n gurus here!
I am one of those in ghost mode and I have read through the threads to a large extent.

I also got the b1/b2 visa early in the year with wify and daughter with intention of wify to give birth in US but the vacation was what we told the VO. It is wrong! And I have learnt a lot here.

Wify is now one month pregnant and based on advice here, she and my daughter will be going to NY with Arik for 10 days vac.probably next month.

Then when she comes back we can send letter of intent later and other processes.
My concern:
1. Texas was where we told the Vo during interview for vacation, hence is there anything wrong changing it to Ny?
2. At the POE we have agreed that if questions like are you pregnant? Answer: yes, but purpose for this trip is for vacation. is the answer proper?

I will appreciate suggestions and will like to know if there is anyone in this similar situation with the intention of going to US and coming back, then plan for 2nd trip to give birth.

I am a leaner and I am willing to learn the soft way and not the hard way! Thanks

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by colegold100: 3:57am On Dec 12, 2016
colegold100:
colegold100:
This platform is a life saver,I must confess!
Kudos to the Pros n gurus here!
I am one of those in ghost mode and I have read through the threads to a large extent.

I also got the b1/b2 visa early in the year with wify and daughter with intention of wify to give birth in US but the vacation was what we told the VO. It is wrong! And I have learnt a lot here.

Wify is now one month pregnant and based on advice here, she and my daughter will be going to NY with Arik for 10 days vac.probably next month.

Then when she comes back we can send letter of intent later and other processes.
My concern:
1. Texas was where we told the Vo during interview for vacation, hence is there anything wrong changing it to Ny?
2. At the POE we have agreed that if questions like are you pregnant? Answer: yes, but purpose for this trip is for vacation. is the answer proper?

I will appreciate suggestions and will like to know if there is anyone in this similar situation with the intention of going to US and coming back, then plan for 2nd trip to give birth.

I am a leaner and I am willing to learn the soft way and not the hard way! Thanks

Hello house,
The post above was posted by me early this year for those who can still remember.
As planned,Dw n daughter went for vacation in NY, spent 2 weeks and came back in july. in November we sent "update of intent letter" letting them know the visa was used for vacation n that we would also like to now use it for child birth. We still got the generic response tho.

We were able to get pta @N4000- 4k and another 4k black market @473.
Dw flew to houston few days ago 32weeks preg. She flew Turkish airline.( Lag to istanbul to houston)Flight was cool.

Fast foreward to POE.
Vo:gd evening
Dw: good evening
Vo: why are u here?
Dw: for child birth
Vo: could u pls place ur finger here
Vo: (stamped passport till June 2017)
Vo: sure u have contacted hospital/doctor here, have u made any payment yet.
DW: yes I have contacted hospital/Dr but payment yet as they requested cash on arrival.
Vo: how much do u have on you.
Dw: 8k plus (small change dey on top)
Vo: please be safe.

Dw said thank you 4 times.lol.The whole conversation didn't pass 3 mins.
Dats all o!
She is now in Houston and I should be joining her soon.
Thanks to everyone who has contributed to this journey.
Stay blessed.

23 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by FADEO: 4:26am On Dec 12, 2016
colegold100:

Hello house,
The post above was posted by me early this year for those who can still remember.
As planned,Dw n daughter went for vacation in NY, spent 2 weeks and came back in july. in November we sent "update of intent letter" letting them know the visa was used for vacation n that we would also like to now use it for child birth. We still got the generic response tho.

We were able to get pta @N4000- 4k and another 4k black market @473.
Dw flew to houston few days ago 32weeks preg. She flew Turkish airline.( Lag to istanbul to houston)Flight was cool.

Fast foreward to POE.
Vo:gd evening
Dw: good evening
Vo: why are u here?
Dw: for child birth
Vo: could u pls place ur finger here
Vo: (stamped passport till June 2017)
Vo: sure u have contacted hospital/doctor here, have u made any payment yet.
DW: yes I have contacted hospital/Dr but payment yet as they requested cash on arrival.
Vo: how much do u have on you.
Dw: 8k plus (small change dey on top)
Vo: please be safe.

Dw said thank you 4 times.lol.The whole conversation didn't pass 3 mins.
Dats all o!
She is now in Houston and I should be joining her soon.
Thanks to everyone who has contributed to this journey.
Stay blessed.

Nice one and goodly Favour, This is the kind of POE experience i pray for with DW when we leave in January hopefully.

Just a few question? 1. what hospital is your DW using and which Doctor?
2. 8k dollars declared at the POE will that be good enough to hold as cash for the POE declaration?

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by sugah: 4:32am On Dec 12, 2016
Posh404:
Monday. ...going to Newyork first then moving to Atlanta next year. Will be using Eastside and Dr Oduro

I was on Lufthansa for Saturday.. Thought you were travelling yesterday too
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by dere5: 5:49am On Dec 12, 2016
FADEO:

Nice one and goodly Favour, This is the kind of POE experience i pray for with DW when we leave in January hopefully.

2. 8k dollars declared at the POE will that be good enough to hold as cash for the POE declaration?

To your 2nd question. 8k is more than enough to hold as cash to show at POE,with evidence of other funds to support eg credit or debit cards
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by oniwoski: 5:50am On Dec 12, 2016
chloe7:

Travel lodge or extended Stay apartments might be lesser, i'm not so sure, but there should be cheaper alternatives, pele dearr

Infact me i am looking for someone to share a one room with two bed...room is vry big and neat...free wifi..cable..water nd cooker plus light..its aproximately 170 per week for each person....but it comes with one kitchen nd restroom... nice location at northwest houston...i have been statying alone but wouldnt mind sharing considering the size of d room plus the dollar thingy.....anyone interested pls lemme know on time
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by oniwoski: 6:01am On Dec 12, 2016
Pls ooo..Houston mamas ..anyone interested in sharing one room with two beds....nice and clean room at intown suits ....room is very big...but has one kitchen nd one restroom...free wifi..cable...light..water..etc..pls i hav been staying alone...but the dollar thing is not helping matters...afterall its jst for a short stay...amount is aproximately 170 a week for each person...the room is meant to contain 4 persons....pls contact me immediately if interested.its in houston northwest nd available from today......thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by igetam: 6:17am On Dec 12, 2016
Congrats colegold100. Thank God for a stressless POE experience.

Pls what bank sold PTA to u?
Any idea how much you'll be paying for baby's ticket when retuning back? I'll also be flying Turkish soon to Houston.. .then United to El Paso.

Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by igetam: 7:12am On Dec 12, 2016
Hi all.

Pls is anyone here presently in intown suites or extended stay America in El paso at the moment? Or will be there anytime soon, or knows anyone who's already there, or going there anytime soon?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by mumzt: 9:05am On Dec 12, 2016
[quote autehor=MPhil post=51828522]
[/quote]

This truly deserves a standing ovation!

Congratulations. Baby sure brought glad tidings. smiley

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by colegold100: 9:25am On Dec 12, 2016
igetam:
Congrats colegold100. Thank God for a stressless POE experience.

Pls what bank sold PTA to u?
Any idea how much you'll be paying for baby's ticket when retuning back? I'll also be flying Turkish soon to Houston.. .then United to El Paso.

Thanks

@igetam...on PTA issue..I was just fortunate o. I went to see one of my clients who has various businesses. I met him talking to someone on phone about fx, then I got to know he is into bdc business. He didn't have the PTA but got it from another bdc who wanted to sell to me at blackmarket rate but my client insisted that he should sell to me @400 and promised to return the 4k usd to him as soon as he gets it from next bid.I doubt if he has gotten since then.

As for baby return ticket i dont really knw but DW should know
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Posh404: 9:25am On Dec 12, 2016
so i heard o. will book wheelchair because of my LO. cant afford to carry double load.....i can manage the exercise lol

XX01:

Get ready for the stopover in Frankfurt. That exercise is gangsta.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by colegold100: 9:31am On Dec 12, 2016
[quote author=dere5 post=51846800]

To your 2nd question. 8k is more than enough to hold as cash to show at POE,with evidence of other funds to support eg credit or debit
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by colegold100: 9:35am On Dec 12, 2016
FADEO:

@fadeo
Houston northwest medical centre.. I don't really know d name of d doctor she finally settled for cos she contacted a lot that i was tired of d update..My own was to hustle for ego...lol...I'll find out sha.

I think someone already answered d 2nd question.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by ajobi21: 10:47am On Dec 12, 2016
Someone please answer my question..I hope to submit tomorrow .Hello house, please I need your help. I want to do Dropbox but only updating my profile and not filling any new ds160 form. The form is one of the requirements to submit but I don't have one since I only updated. Can someone who has experienced such please help out. Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Nobody: 11:28am On Dec 12, 2016
ajobi21:
Someone please answer my question..I hope to submit tomorrow .Hello house, please I need your help. I want to do Dropbox but only updating my profile and not filling any new ds160 form. The form is one of the requirements to submit but I don't have one since I only updated. Can someone who has experienced such please help out. Thanks
You have to fill ds160 form on the ceac website ,that form barcode/ number is what you will use to proceed to book an appointment on the appointment booking site, then the answers you give will determine if you're eligible for dropbox or not.

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by bbaby84(f): 12:53pm On Dec 12, 2016
Congratulations to all the new moms and expectant moms. .. haven't been here in a while... @firstymom how far? @Nerf what's up?
Big ups to those about to go on their journey, this dollar is not smiling at all...

Meanwhile, has anyone renewed their child's/ children's US passport in Lagos. ( I intend to take receipts with me just in case). Please tell me about your experience.

Compliments of the season.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Onedimple: 1:07pm On Dec 12, 2016
@KaptainAfrica
Thanks. None of these questions were asked. Our tickets were already booked even before we discovered the pregnancy.

KaptainAfrika:
Where you asked any of the following questions...
1. Do you intend to use this visa for any other purpose apart from vacation?
2. Will be taking any medical treatment in the US?
3. Is your wife pregnant?
4. Did you mention that your wife was pregnant.

Go for your vacation first, I just hope CBP don't ask if your wife is preggy, that will complicate things.
If you are successful in gaining entry into the US for vacation (you and your wife), when you get back to Naija, notify them of intent to use your visa for childbirth on the next trip.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by ebonychic18(f): 1:43pm On Dec 12, 2016
ajobi21:
Okay I went online filled form, printed out the DS 160 confirmation page, went to gtb bank paid visa fees. Then went back online to book appointment They will now ask you more questions after which the Dropbox letter will appear and then you print it out. It's quite explanatory when you go online and check it out. Then go to DHL office and submit international passport, confirmation page, Dropbox letter and one passport picture and visa fee receipt. Finito.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Orestik(f): 2:50pm On Dec 12, 2016
Hello experts in the house, I posted this some days back and I'm still seeking for a really strong advise on what to do as I am still really confused and disturbed about this situation. I honestly knew nothing about medical visa so please I'm opened to advice. E dakun.

Orestik:
Hello everyone,

I just started following this post. I have similar issue as @MamaP003 but the difference is that I am yet to travel. I got a visa earlier in August for relaxation purpose with my husband. A month after the interview, I found out I was pregnant so we canceled cos I couldnt travel with my plenty morning sickness and nausea. My husband traveled last month for a training and now the plan is I join him later this month before I start showing and stay in the US till I give birth. Do I need to write a change of intent letter? plus I havent even gotten a hospital or OB. I planned on doing all that search when I get there, until I discovered this topic yesterday. Pls educate me, what do I do? I booked my flight already for end of the month.

(1) (2) (3) ... (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) ... (416)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.