Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,200 members, 7,880,741 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 05:16 AM

Which Is The True Church - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Which Is The True Church (8471 Views)

. / True Church Perspective On Tithing By Pastor G. Craig Lewis ( Audio) / Is the Catholic Church the One And Only True Church? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Is The True Church by shahan(f): 1:59am On Jan 25, 2007
@babyosisi,

babyosisi:

I had a good friend in SDA,the sabaath thing was a little strange to me but I thought that was the only difference we had,I never knew they believed that all non SDA were false.

Well, my sis. . . hear it from our SDA representative himself:

Bobbyaf:

God has His remnant church that has preserved His truth. I belieev its the SDA church, and you don't. Prove it

. . . and again:

Bobbyaf:

There can only be one true church in which is found un-diluted doctrines and teachings.
shahan:

. . . And only the SDA is the true church, abi??
Bobbyaf:

Well, in terms of biblical teachings only.

. . .and this one again:

Bobbyaf:

Come out of religious confusion and separate yourself from pagan teachings, otherwise you will suffer the wrath of God when he pours 7 plagues upon all those who recieve the mark of the RCC, being Sunday observance.

. . .just keep reading:

Bobbyaf:

I see your technicality Shahan. The fact that I am even making such a statement means that I have excluded my denom from babylon. Can't your logical mind see that? Do I have to spell it out for you? Isn't it obvious that because I am a part of the SDA church that I would naturally think it is not apart of babylon? Hahaha, grin, You guys never fail to amuse me!

. . . gather the points:

Bobbyaf:

The term babylon constitutes, whether you desire to accept it or not, false worship.

. . . and more:

Bobbyaf:

With regards to my denom the SDA church, I am apart of it because of my conviction that it represents what God intends for His end-time church to be representing.

. . . almost there:

Bobbyaf:

Symbolical babylon is doing the same thing today, but this time it represents all false teachings, including professed christian churches. Every false prophet, the chief of which is the RCC is lumped under the general term babylon.

Phew!!

So, nne babyosisi. . . you can see the spinning around that puts every other Christian church/group/denomination as daughters of Babylon with the RCC as head; while the SDA alone is oga of the pure river! Wonders shall never end indeed! cheesy
Re: Which Is The True Church by nezerst(f): 7:09pm On Jan 25, 2007
I`m a christian but i keep wondering why christians believe that the only way to salvation is thru christianity. As diferrent road leads to a path so does different religions lead to God. God is too big and perfect to be limited to the imperfect way we
worship him. So guys stop wondering whose denomination is better,stop fanacism and worship God in a way true creator deserves.
Re: Which Is The True Church by Nobody: 8:17pm On Jan 25, 2007
You can't possibly be a Christian if you say such nonsense.
Have you read your bible?

where did it mention the many roads?
There are many roads leading to Asaba but only one leads to God and that is through Christ.
If you say otherwise,you call Christ a liar because he said so, not me.
Re: Which Is The True Church by Nobody: 9:26pm On Jan 25, 2007
nezerst:

I`m a christian but i keep wondering why christians believe that the only way to salvation is through christianity. As diferrent road leads to a path so does different religions lead to God. God is too big and perfect to be limited to the imperfect way we
worship him.
So guys stop wondering whose denomination is better,stop fanacism and worship God in a way true creator deserves.

When you read statements like these you cant but cast your miind back to the serpent and Eve in the garden of Eden. It was "persuasive" lies such as the above, lies coated in some form of truth (yes indeed God is toooo big!), lies embellished profusely with biblical backing that eventually led to the downfall of man!
Re: Which Is The True Church by Aggressa(m): 9:51pm On Jan 25, 2007
@Babyosisi, Shahan et al,
visit this link http://www.levitt.com/faqs.html#sabbath and you will have quite interesting and insightful answers to a lot of question which we've debated before provided by Zola Levitt - a Jewish Christian, well known Messianic Jewish Bible teacher and Middle East commentator who was brought to the Lord in 1971. Check out especially the section on "Christian Holidays" for additional scripture backed insights into SDA (a la Bobbyaf), and other sections.
Re: Which Is The True Church by sage(m): 11:38pm On Jan 25, 2007
@babyosisi

Quote One

babyosisi:

I had a good friend in SDA,the sabaath thing was a little strange to me but I thought that was the only difference we had,I never knew they believed that all non SDA were false.

Wonders shall never cease.
You know deeper life people thought (or Think) the same way too.

CHURCH CANNOT SAVE!!! ONLY CHRIST CAN!!!

babyosisi:

You can't possibly be a Christian if you say such nonsense.
Have you read your bible?

where did it mention the many roads?
There are many roads leading to Asaba but only one leads to God and that is through Christ.
If you say otherwise,you call Christ a liar because he said so, not me.

Looks quite contradictory 2 me sister.
Re: Which Is The True Church by Nobody: 12:01am On Jan 26, 2007
@ sage,

what is contradictory in the above quotes?
Re: Which Is The True Church by Nobody: 12:27am On Jan 26, 2007
yes dear sage what is contradictory in those 2 unrelated quotes?

Christ is the only way,not a denomination.
Re: Which Is The True Church by sage(m): 2:58am On Jan 26, 2007
U said there is Only one way and at the same time you r contradicting that.

If u believe denomination does not matter, then that means different ways all leading to the same place which clearly contradicts the idea of one way.

All these denominations believe different things many of it with no basis from the bible and clearly ignore what True Christianity is .

U were saying Jesus is the only way, but how does Jesus save those who do not even know who he really is? Many denominations claim he is God, others dont .

Bottom line is that the Bible does not support the idea of many roads or denominations. True christianity does not come in different forms
Re: Which Is The True Church by Nobody: 3:05am On Jan 26, 2007
@ sage

You clearly have a serious problem with comprehension. Please read the two quotes you claim are contradictory again. If you are still unclear pls ask your verbal aptitude teacher.
Re: Which Is The True Church by sage(m): 3:13am On Jan 26, 2007
davidylan:

@ sage

You clearly have a serious problem with comprehension. Please read the two quotes you claim are contradictory again. If you are still unclear please ask your verbal aptitude teacher.

Nah Men, its you that needs to apply ur verbal skills. If association with denominations, even mainstream that teach falsehood is not a problem with so called christians, then you should be asking urself questions.

Different denominations teaching falsehood and claiming Christ is bull.

True christianity can only come in one form and must teach what the bible says, even a layman should know that. Self righteousness is an exercise in futility.

Saying Christ is the way does not mean a thing esp when you dont even know his true identity.
Re: Which Is The True Church by Nobody: 3:21am On Jan 26, 2007
to what post are you replying to @ sage?
Re: Which Is The True Church by sage(m): 3:37am On Jan 26, 2007
davidylan:

to what post are you replying to @ sage?

Dont understand.

About 2 check out now. Dont really like arguing on religion thread coz plenty of fellows who r here have misguided zeal n will argue blindly rather than find out clear bible truths esp the "Christians" claiming 2 follow Christ
Re: Which Is The True Church by Bobbyaf(m): 6:03am On Jan 26, 2007
@ babyosisi

Christ is the only way, not a denomination.

Yes Christ is the way, and no one is doubting that. In all honesty you need to define what a denomination is. After you do that lookat your place of worship and say whether or not it is not a denomination. If denomination doesn't matter then why is it you are here debating about what is true or not true?

If a JW, or a SDA were to invite you to one of their meetings for a bible study would you go? Why is it you would go to some assemblies versus not going to others? Its because deep down you know that there is something about the ones you have rejectd that don't quite match up with what you have been taught, and still happen to believe.

Chances are probably your pastor might have told you to avoid those cultic groups, huh?  grin
Re: Which Is The True Church by Nobody: 6:20am On Jan 26, 2007
there is a gulf of difference between denominations and cults!
Re: Which Is The True Church by TV01(m): 9:59am On Jan 26, 2007
davidylan:

Technical/dictionary definitions apart, I'm not sure that I agree with that. It's usually a matter of perspective. And probably depends on who's doing the labelling.

Why do you say that?

God bless
Re: Which Is The True Church by Nobody: 11:05pm On Jan 26, 2007
Bobbyaf:

@ babyosisi

Yes Christ is the way, and no one is doubting that. In all honesty you need to define what a denomination is. After you do that lookat your place of worship and say whether or not it is not a denomination. If denomination doesn't matter then why is it you are here debating about what is true or not true?

If a JW, or a SDA were to invite you to one of their meetings for a bible study would you go? Why is it you would go to some assemblies versus not going to others? Its because deep down you know that there is something about the ones you have rejectd that don't quite match up with what you have been taught, and still happen to believe.

Chances are probably your pastor might have told you to avoid those cultic groups, huh?  grin

bobby,I said earlier that I never knew SDA regarded other churches as false.
Up till now,I thought the only difference between me and SDA was that they worshipped on saturdays which is a minor,inconsequential difference but I thought wrong.
I take SDA Christians as my brethren,I've listen to tapes of sermons and teachings by SDA pastors on radio and have been ministered to by them
I do not believe in denominations and I'm not tied down to any church as long as they preach the Bible without denominational bias.

If people consider SDA a cult,I've never heard that up till today.
JW,is a known cult,they deny that Christ is God and I will not step into their meetings,read theoir books or listen to their teachings.

Denominations do not matter in the sense that Christ does not recognise such.
It is our man made tradition.
Only true believers shall be raptured not a church denomination.
I have moved around quite a bit and have at several times been a member of an Anglican church,methodist,nondenominational,Assemblies of God,Apostolic,interdenominational and have been richly fed in all these places.

My key to choosing a place of worship is the teachings with regards to the dispensation of Grace.
what they say about Christ and the teachings of the new testament and the doctrines of Christ as revealed unto Paul.
And any Christian in the wrong place will have a witness in his spirit of such.

They'll know us by our love not by our denomination.
Re: Which Is The True Church by Nobody: 11:06pm On Jan 26, 2007
davidylan:

There's absolutely no comparison of the two.
Re: Which Is The True Church by sage(m): 8:07am On Jan 27, 2007
@babyosisi

This is really funny. How on earth are you going to say that denominations does not matter. That is your personal belief and certainly not what the Bible says. There can only be one true way and that must teach and practise what the bible really says. Besides how on earth can you say that even though all these denominationsthat teach different things, most of which have no biblical basis does not matter and are you attacking a religious organization like that with what seems like a preconcieved bad notion

Read John 17:3 again and see the only real way to eternal life.
Re: Which Is The True Church by sage(m): 8:25am On Jan 27, 2007
@babyosisi

Besides, if you are a good bible student, you would realise that so many churches are immersed in falsehood.

I don't need anybody to help me read my bible for me to realise that JESUS IS NOT GOD. TV 01 is a good bible student and il like to see his input on this.

Constantine helped mire present day churches that claim to be 'Christian' in falsehood by instituting a papacy, unbiblical holidays and rituals, a power struggle, the idea that Jesus is God and a participation in politics.

I see your arguments with muslims and i shake my head, Churches of Christiandom are going to face exactly the same Judgement at Gods hand coz of her harlotry. you have a zeal, but why don't you sit down and go through the bible yourself. There is a lot u need to learn.

Did you watch the CNN documentry on first century Christians in december?
Re: Which Is The True Church by sage(m): 9:01am On Jan 27, 2007
just wanted to call your attention to this link

http://www.gnmagazine.org/issues/gn64/code_impact.htm

Christiandom is a pure Harlot and would be judged mercilessly by God. The Harlot has Joined hands with the Devil to mislead the whole world, not just some people in middle eastern lands as you imagine. The political alliances she has made today will destroy her. The wrath of God towards Christiandom and all its falsehood, along with other false religion will be undilluted. The shock her destruction will cause would reverbrate.
Re: Which Is The True Church by Nobody: 11:18pm On Jan 27, 2007
sage:

just wanted to call your attention to this link

http://www.gnmagazine.org/issues/gn64/code_impact.htm

Christiandom is a pure Harlot and would be judged mercilessly by God. The Harlot has Joined hands with the Devil to mislead the whole world, not just some people in middle eastern lands as you imagine. The political alliances she has made today will destroy her. The wrath of God towards Christiandom and all its falsehood, along with other false religion will be undilluted. The shock her destruction will cause would reverbrate.

so Mr know it all,what is the true church.
Just one sentence will do and a church name.
Re: Which Is The True Church by Nobody: 11:20pm On Jan 27, 2007
sage:

@babyosisi

Besides, if you are a good bible student, you would realise that so many churches are immersed in falsehood.

I don't need anybody to help me read my bible for me to realise that JESUS IS NOT GOD. TV 01 is a good bible student and il like to see his input on this.

Constantine helped mire present day churches that claim to be 'Christian' in falsehood by instituting a papacy, unbiblical holidays and rituals, a power struggle, the idea that Jesus is God and a participation in politics.

I see your arguments with muslims and i shake my head, Churches of Christiandom are going to face exactly the same Judgement at Gods hand because of her harlotry. you have a zeal, but why don't you sit down and go through the bible yourself. There is a lot u need to learn.

Did you watch the CNN documentry on first century Christians in december?

Shake your head all you want dear,I am not answerable to you and that alone makes me glad
Re: Which Is The True Church by sage(m): 12:43am On Jan 28, 2007
@babyosisi

babyosisi:

Shake your head all you want dear,I am not answerable to you and that alone makes me glad
grin grin grin.
its not like shaking as to when i am enjoying a song.

Seriously though, i am letting you know the truth. Christiandom is soaked in blood and therefore is answerable to the Master. That is not true Christianity. Take a critical look at Christiandom and you will clearly see that it is in the same boat with Islam, headed for destruction for reasons just too many.

I asked you to read John 17:3 and see what means eternal life could be achieved and not personal assumptions.

Most of Christiandoms works and teachings has no Biblical base and that is why revelation rightly potrays her as decieving the entire world, not some Arabians.

I know its shocking but its true, and equally shocking will be her destruction, together with the rest of other false religious groups.
Re: Which Is The True Church by Bobbyaf(m): 3:17am On Jan 29, 2007
@ Sage

Leave them be Sage. Time is the master of everything. cool
Re: Which Is The True Church by Nobody: 5:35pm On Jan 29, 2007
so ,I suppose that bobbyaf and sage are SDA which they refer to as the true church from my deductions,wonders shall never cease.
Only a cult believes theirs is the only true way and y'all are coming dangerously close.
Re: Which Is The True Church by Nobody: 5:52pm On Jan 29, 2007
http://www.blueletterbible.org/cgi-bin/tools/printer-friendly.pl?book=Jhn&chapter=17&version=nkjv

above is the rest of that text,why I still don't know the relevance with regards to the "true church" you are yet to boldly declare without mincing words,I doubt if any Christian disbelieves those are the words of Jesus who also later in that chapter tells us He is one with the father.
Jhn 17:21 "that they all may be one, as You, Father, are in Me, and I in You; that they also may be one in Us, that the world may believe that You sent Me.
Jhn 17:22 "And the glory which You gave Me I have given them, that they may be one just as We are one:
Re: Which Is The True Church by sage(m): 8:48pm On Jan 29, 2007
babyosisi:

so ,I suppose that bobbyaf and sage are SDA which they refer to as the true church from my deductions,wonders shall never cease.
Only a cult believes theirs is the only true way and y'all are coming dangerously close.

Hey Babyosisi, the reason i refered to John 17:3 is that Jesus said that everlasting life will be gotten through ACCURATE KNOWLEDGE of God and the one he sent Jesus. Paul talked about true christianity as one baptism. the true christians of the first century did not have different denominations. Most morden day "Christian" denominations have different beliefs and practices, most of which are not even from the Bible. They engage in practices that are not beffiting of those claiming to follow Christ (No 1 eg Politics  grin).

Well all i am saying is that
REGARDLESS OF WHAT PEOPLE THINK, THE BIBLE DOES NOT SUPPORT THE IDEA OF DIFFERENT ROADS TO GOD AND SUBSEQUENTLY DIFFERENT DENOMINATIONS

Might i also add that i am not SDA grin
Re: Which Is The True Church by Nobody: 10:37pm On Jan 29, 2007
so politics is unbiblical lol.
na wa o
Re: Which Is The True Church by shahan(f): 2:21am On Jan 30, 2007
Salvation is simply by faith in Jesus Christ and His finished work on the Cross. All those who have believed in Him are the children of God - for it is in Christ Jesus Himself that God receives people, and not on the basis of what denomination anyone belongs.
Re: Which Is The True Church by Bobbyaf(m): 6:37am On Jan 30, 2007
@ babyosisi

So I guess Paul and the apostles were apart of a cult movement then? They too felt that anything other than what was established by Christ, and were maintained by them had to be false.

The SDA church is not considered to be a cult, and it is not one either for your information. If you would take the time to examine our beliefs you'd have seen that, but like others, it suits your case to refer to the SDAs as cultic, when you like  they cannot gainsay our arguments with scriptures.

Christianity as practised by the majority in this era, is not what Christ, or His apostles would approve of, if they were alive today. Instead what they practise is a man-made version of it, and until they realize that fact, their worship goes in vain. Listen to Jesus' own words:

Matthew 15:9
And in vain they worship Me, Teaching as doctrines the commandments of men.’”

Their practise of christianity is derived from the RCC, which built theirs on the foundation of paganism, even though they call upon Christ, and profess that He is Saviour and Lord, yet fail to do His Father's will. Listen to what Jesus said about such:

Matthew 7:21-23
21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.  22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? 23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.
Re: Which Is The True Church by sage(m): 7:26am On Jan 30, 2007
babyosisi:

so politics is unbiblical lol.
na wa o

log onto our discussion on the politics thread.

Christiandoms many false practices and beliefs are unacceptable to God. She has made

1 25th december, a day 4 the sun god, into celebrating Christ

2 Easter and other holidays of Pagan origin into Celebration of Christ.

3 Her Harlotry with Rome yielded a power struggle that ended in Clergy-Laity divisions and a papacy that claimed succesion to Christ and Peter grin cheesy.

4 Bloody Wars for Nations in political affairs and so called wars 4 Christ aka crusades grin.

5 A whole host of Pagan teachings too numerous to mention.

6 Refusal to participate in politics was one of the reasons the State and the then mainstream religion hated and murdred Christians but Christiandom has made it mainstream.

i am tired of the religious thread. Itz kind of exhausting. People that think that they are following Christ are insistent on somethings so there is even no point.

For eg How is accurate knowledge of God and Jesus going to come from different false teachings and practices

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

The Twelve Days Of Christmas / Anti-tithe Churches / "Why Evangelicals Should Stop Evangelizing"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.