Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,699 members, 7,941,670 topics. Date: Friday, 06 September 2024 at 11:09 AM

Rise Of A Legend: A Football Manager Story - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Rise Of A Legend: A Football Manager Story (1671 Views)

Football Manager 2020 PC Official Thread / Football Manager 2017 PC Official Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rise Of A Legend: A Football Manager Story by CrazyScientist: 6:39pm On Oct 30, 2016
Any FM fan would know FM17 is about to hit the market, I decided to run this FM16 Rise To The Top Career story to usher us into the new "Era". Hope you enjoy!
It is about the rise of A manager with no Coaching Qualification and little football history.

Football had always been my dream, my life, my passion, I had always wanted to be a professional football player, at age 13 I had registered with the Pepsi football academy, I was juggling football and school, I was given special leave from school when we had a competition, though I still kept up with my studies. I was what you'd call a Sunday league player...
At 17, it happened, I obtained a scholarship to play for FC Porto, but no, it was not to be, my dad didn't want a footballer as a son, I followed my father's dream and studied business management in a prestigious Nigerian university. I graduated and went for my masters abroad in Spain. I returned and resumed work as M.D. in the family business. That was a long time ago, now I'm 27 with a flourishing career but no passion for the job.

A Cool November Night...

I was at a popular bar with my friends on the Lagos Island, we met and discussed politics and football on the weekends, I was analyzing a Chelsea match on who should have played and done what to the amazement of the crowd. "O boy! You go fit be manager o! " a voice shouted from the crowd, I laughed. I loved football and was good in analyzing matches, but manager? Im not sure about that I thought to myself.m we continued our discussion and a white man walked up to me.

"Hello? Are you a footballer or do you have any history in football management?"

"No..." I replied wondering who this was.

"Pardon my manners, I'm Miguel Angel Arto, the chairman of C.F Fuenlabrada, I'm here to close up a business deal for an hotel"

"Cool, nice to meet you" I said shaking his hand.

Reaching into his suit pocket, he gave me his card.

"Call me if you ever think about management, but make it quick"

Was this a dream, I watched the man walk away, as my friends told me "old boy, see opportunity.
I had a job that paid well, and besides I had given up on a career in football, I didn't even have coaching qualifications.

******The previous week had been one hell of a week, the more I thought about what happened at the bar, the more my passion for football fueled, I called Mr. Miguel, he was already in Spain, but offered an all expense paid trip to meet him.

"Hello dad, I quit..."

He had interviewed me via Skype and was impressed with my philosophies, I was headed to Spain to sign the contract and finalize the agreement, I researched about C.F. Fuenlabrada on the plane, it was a small club in Madrid in the town of fuenlabrada. They were playing in the Spanish 3rd division group 4.
This would be one he'll of a challenge I thought. I arrived Spain and was taken with a taxi who had Been waiting for me at the airport straight to the club, it was a small stadium one of about 2500seats, it reminded me of the kind of stadiums division 2 NPFL teams had back home in nigeria.

I met with Mr. Miguel and we got straight down to business.

"This is a struggling club, so this is a trial 1year contract, you'd be on £650 per week. With a wage budget of £24,000 and transfer budget of £0 as our former manager squandered £600,000"

What ?! December was almost here leaving me with a 7months contract in reality. I had 7months to help a team in 17th place avoid relegation.. alright. I put pen to paper and it was done.

I headed straight to the training ground and Miguel introduced me to the players, I could see the players were just training for training sake. I gathered them together and said.

"I know we have been in a bit of a blip recently, but if we come together and work hard I believe we would overcome."

Cheers and shouts rented the air, the players were excited and got back to training with vigour, I could see a few good ones like Matas, Borja Diaz and Jorge Ortiz and a Borja who I later found out is on loan from Real Madrid. I asked for an overall assessment of the team from the assistant manager including video tapes. Our first match was going to be on 6th December, so there was no time to waste time.

"Let's head to the press conference Mr. Daniel."

Pics later. Thanks for reading, follow!

2 Likes

Re: Rise Of A Legend: A Football Manager Story by Rexyblaze: 7:54pm On Oct 30, 2016
Nice one
Re: Rise Of A Legend: A Football Manager Story by babalonshee(m): 8:05pm On Nov 01, 2016
hmmmmm cool
Re: Rise Of A Legend: A Football Manager Story by Nobody: 7:56am On Nov 04, 2016
What Is Paining Me Is That , He Won't Continue The Story.

1 Like

Re: Rise Of A Legend: A Football Manager Story by martins1122(m): 11:36am On Nov 04, 2016
Oga oh abeg cum continue wetin u start because me de enjoy dis article am wella

(1) (Reply)

. / Only GTA Fans Knows Whats Gonna Happen To Dis Car (pic) / Which Of These Games Do You Think Will Win Game Of The Year (2018)?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.