Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,830 members, 7,872,790 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 10:08 PM

GOTV Issues 2016 - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / GOTV Issues 2016 (4475 Views)

Review Of Nollywood In 2016. / Dstv And Gotv Issues - Get Help Here / (Video) Killer Maid: Real Sex Scene Latest Nigerian Nollywood Movies 2016 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

GOTV Issues 2016 by Wiseandtrue(f): 8:45pm On Oct 31, 2016
I have being experiencing issues with GOTV channels since yesterday Sunday 30/10/2016.
I have being getting only 14 channels. I have reset/restart over and over again. My antenna is also high. what could be the problem
Is anyone also experiencing the same?
Please share so that I can also have solution to mine.
Thanks
Re: GOTV Issues 2016 by okenwa(m): 8:58pm On Oct 31, 2016
I am equally experiencing the same issue.

1 Like

Re: GOTV Issues 2016 by Wiseandtrue(f): 9:08pm On Oct 31, 2016
okenwa:
I am equally experiencing the same issue.
hmmmmm
I guess it's a Lagos issue
Re: GOTV Issues 2016 by kennyldelsu: 9:35pm On Oct 31, 2016
I am experiencing same too

1 Like

Re: GOTV Issues 2016 by Wiseandtrue(f): 10:25am On Nov 01, 2016
kennyldelsu:

Na wa oooooo.
GOTV funny shall no message nothing.
Special thanks to GOTV for listening to my complaint.
I received a message alerting me of an upgrade so I am better prepared wink GOTV, live it... Love it wink

Here is the message below:

Dear customer, we will be upgrading our system from 18 - 22 Feb. During this period, there may be limited services. We remain committed to serving you better
Re: GOTV Issues 2016 by Jokerman(m): 5:01pm On Nov 01, 2016
I got 14 at first last night and I rescanned and got 54....

I hope dey want to add more channels though

1 Like

Re: GOTV Issues 2016 by Wiseandtrue(f): 5:32pm On Nov 04, 2016
smiley you guessed right GOTV has added new channels bringing the total to 59 as against the 58 channels. New channels includes EVA+ Channel 13, AFRICAN MAGIC IGBO channel 11... Some channels were also removed.
Albeit they ought to inform their subscribers each time they want to upgrade their system and the duration the system might experience malfunctions just like we just experienced.
So that one will not be worried thinking the the antenna, adaptor or any of the hardware is misplaced or malfunctioning.
GOTV PLEASE TAKE NOTE.
Jokerman:
I got 14 at first last night and I rescanned and got 54....

I hope dey want to add more channels though
Re: GOTV Issues 2016 by lakesidepapa(m): 7:51pm On Nov 06, 2016
Wiseandtrue:
smiley you guessed right GOTV has added new channels bringing the total to 59 as against the 58 channels. New channels includes EVA+ Channel 13, AFRICAN MAGIC IGBO channel 11... Some channels were also removed.
Albeit they ought to inform their subscribers each time they want to upgrade their system and the duration the system might experience malfunctions just like we just experienced.
So that one will not be worried thinking the the antenna, adaptor or any of the hardware is misplaced or malfunctioning.
GOTV PLEASE TAKE NOTE.

Good evening.! pls what are the Subscription prices and packages on Gotv, I got one few months ago and I just neglected it somewhere but i want to make use of it now as My Dstv decoder is down.
Re: GOTV Issues 2016 by Wiseandtrue(f): 8:51pm On Nov 06, 2016
lakesidepapa:

Good evening.! pls what are the Subscription prices and packages on Gotv, I got one few months ago and I just neglected it somewhere but i want to make use of it now as My Dstv decoder is down.

Okay. Here is the subscription fee

GOTV PLUS
57 Channels+2 = 59 for the same value
Only N 1800.00

GOTV VALUE
38 Channels
Only N 1200.00

GOTV LITE
22 Channels
Only N 400.00

Note: These are monthly charges

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: GOTV Issues 2016 by lakesidepapa(m): 8:07am On Nov 07, 2016
Wiseandtrue:

Okay. Here is the subscription fee

GOTV PLUS
57 Channels+2 = 59 for the same value
Only N 1800.00

GOTV VALUE
38 Channels
Only N 1200.00

GOTV LITE
22 Channels
Only N 400.00

Note: These are monthly charges

Okay Thank very much. The channels on it as it's unsubscribe now is not up 30, would they add it when it's subscribed and none of them is showing, including the demo channel. This is a new Decoder.

Later after hours of the day, it automatically ran an unsuccessful software maybe due to power off and on. Each time i on it nw, after booting it will go to software upgrading and the thing is not moving at all.
Re: GOTV Issues 2016 by Wiseandtrue(f): 5:47pm On Nov 07, 2016
lakesidepapa:

Okay Thank very much. The channels on it as it's unsubscribe now is not up 30, would they add it when it's subscribed and none of them is showing, including the demo channel. This is a new Decoder.

Later after hours of the day, it automatically ran an unsuccessful software maybe due to power off and on. Each time i on it nw, after booting it will go to software upgrading and the thing is not moving at all.

When you subscribe for any package it automatically upgrade into the package you want.

Generally an upgrading is going on which was the reason I opened this thread but its okay now.
But if you are still experiencing the same issue, check to make sure that the antennae is high enough and facing the right direction.

I hope this tip is helpful
Re: GOTV Issues 2016 by lakesidepapa(m): 5:04pm On Nov 08, 2016
Wiseandtrue:

When you subscribe for any package it automatically upgrade into the package you want.

Generally an upgrading is going on which was the reason I opened this thread but its okay now.
But if you are still experiencing the same issue, check to make sure that the antennae is high enough and facing the right direction.

I hope this tip is helpful

Thank you very much, ur tip was really helpful.

The Signal Strength is around 50 to 70 and Signal quality is not up to 100, I know this is because the antenna is not place on the appropriate height level due to it's short cable wire. I'm planning to get like 2yards of cable wire, cut and join it together with the one that came with the decoder in-order to place it to a higher level that i want to place it to. My question now is; would it still work if i join another cable wire?

Thanks for u time.!

1 Like

Re: GOTV Issues 2016 by Wiseandtrue(f): 8:58pm On Nov 08, 2016
In other to avoid any doubt I would advise that you buy the whole exact cable to fix. This will remove any doubt emanating from that area from your mind.
How ever if you cannot go for the whole seek the advise of a GOTV Technician or alternatives.
From experience professional touch removes double expense.
Good luck.
lakesidepapa:

Thank you very much, ur tip was really helpful.

The Signal Strength is around 50 to 70 and Signal quality is not up to 100, I know this is because the antenna is not place on the appropriate height level due to it's short cable wire. I'm planning to get like 2yards of cable wire, cut and join it together with the one that came with the decoder in-order to place it to a higher level that i want to place it to. My question now is; would it still work if i join another cable wire?

Thanks for u time.!
Re: GOTV Issues 2016 by Ice4jez(m): 9:16pm On Nov 08, 2016
we need gotv in Katsina oh, I don tire for startimes and co

1 Like

Re: GOTV Issues 2016 by lakesidepapa(m): 10:33pm On Nov 08, 2016
Wiseandtrue:
In other to avoid any doubt I would advise that you buy the whole exact cable to fix. This will remove any doubt emanating from that area from your mind.
How ever if you cannot go for the whole seek the advise of a GOTV Technician or alternatives.
From experience professional touch removes double expense.
Good luck.

It has been sorted out, thank you very much for choosing ur time to help me. I really appreciate.!

Gotv get hullabaloo, I'm trying to activate the thing but it has not been through. I tried SMS way several times my credit card was deducted, I tried the online way, still the same story, fail is what's bringing on. Maybe I must pay/subscribe into the IUC number before it can be done, I don't knw.
Re: GOTV Issues 2016 by Wiseandtrue(f): 3:14pm On Nov 17, 2016
Pay through any GOTV agent around you for now. Then you can sort the online payment later. As for the deductions locate the major agent around you then it will be fixed. Try to pay a day or so before expiry to avoid delay. Good luck
lakesidepapa:

It has been sorted out, thank you very much for choosing ur time to help me. I really appreciate.!

Gotv get hullabaloo, I'm trying to activate the thing but it has not been through. I tried SMS way several times my credit card was deducted, I tried the online way, still the same story, fail is what's bringing on. Maybe I must pay/subscribe into the IUC number before it can be done, I don't knw.
Re: GOTV Issues 2016 by generalfag: 5:54am On Dec 30, 2016
Hello house, just got a Gotv last week, it worked well for about two days, and since them, it receives just about 7channels, which are mostly local channels, have reset the decoder countlessly, rescanned countlessly, adjusted the antenna, still same thing. Am just so tired of this Gotv. Went to the place I bought it, the guy gave told me to call their customer care. Pls what can be the issue?
Re: GOTV Issues 2016 by Wiseandtrue(f): 2:24pm On Feb 07, 2017
kennyldelsu:

Na wa oooooo.
GOTV funny shall no message nothing.
Above was my previous complain

Special thanks to GOTV for listening to my complaint.
I received a message alerting me of an upgrade so I am better prepared wink GOTV, live it... Love it wink

Here is the message below:

Dear customer, we will be upgrading our system from 18 - 22 Feb. During this period, there may be limited services. We remain committed to serving you better

Nairaland thanks for airing my view wink
Re: GOTV Issues 2016 by Wiseandtrue(f): 2:27pm On Feb 07, 2017
generalfag:
Hello house, just got a Gotv last week, it worked well for about two days, and since them, it receives just about 7channels, which are mostly local channels, have reset the decoder countlessly, rescanned countlessly, adjusted the antenna, still same thing. Am just so tired of this Gotv. Went to the place I bought it, the guy gave told me to call their customer care. Pls what can be the issue?

Check your antenna. It requires a specific height.
Re: GOTV Issues 2016 by lakesidepapa(m): 12:09am On Feb 08, 2017
Wiseandtrue:

Check your antenna. It requires a specific height.

Why is my decoder not getting the full channels? Some channel are not showing, I have scanned it several times but still the same thing, I'm on the full package. what caused that and what's the way out?

Regards...
Re: GOTV Issues 2016 by Wiseandtrue(f): 9:38am On Feb 08, 2017
lakesidepapa:

Why is my decoder not getting the full channels? Some channel are not showing, I have scanned it several times but still the same thing, I'm on the full package. what caused that and what's the way out?

Regards...
Have you ascertained the required height of the antenna
Re: GOTV Issues 2016 by lakesidepapa(m): 11:41am On Feb 08, 2017
Wiseandtrue:

Have you ascertained the required height of the antenna

Yea, I mounted it at the center egde of my sheet roof. Same as it's demonstrated by the animation guy on the demo channel. I used to see the full channels until yesterday that the hullabaloo started.
Re: GOTV Issues 2016 by Wiseandtrue(f): 12:16pm On Feb 08, 2017
lakesidepapa:

Yea, I mounted it at the center egde of my sheet roof. Same as it's demonstrated by the animation guy on the demo channel. I used to see the full channels until yesterday that the hullabaloo started.
Okay. I am also experiencing the same. Two days ago, I got only few channels too the same yesterday.

Even though the upgrade is suppose to start from the 18th of this month.
Re: GOTV Issues 2016 by mummykyrti(f): 9:02am On Feb 09, 2017
Wiseandtrue:

Okay. I am also experiencing the same. Two days ago, I got only few channels too the same yesterday.

Even though the upgrade is suppose to start from the 18th of this month.

mine too o, was working fine but started misbehaving on Tuesday ooo, I've rescanned and done every tin still showing just 24 channels and I am on gotv plus

1 Like

Re: GOTV Issues 2016 by yoged(m): 7:57pm On Feb 11, 2017
mummykyrti:
mine too o, was working fine but started misbehaving on Tuesday ooo, I've rescanned and done every tin still showing just 24 channels and I am on gotv plus
the thing tired me.. For the past 2 days now..na just 24 channels I dey get. I Don scan tired
Re: GOTV Issues 2016 by Melsan: 8:38pm On Feb 12, 2017
I am experiencing the same..i am on gotv plus and get only 34 channels.
Re: GOTV Issues 2016 by SNblog: 8:48pm On Mar 31, 2017
How do you subscribe for GOTV with SMS Short code. need your reply asap
Re: GOTV Issues 2016 by VTPASS: 11:07am On Aug 21, 2017
GOtv payment now made easy with these steps below:

1. Log on to https://www.vtpass.com/gotv

2. Select the bouquet option of your choice

3. Enter your GOtv card number

4. Pay.
Re: GOTV Issues 2016 by Melsan: 4:58pm On Dec 29, 2017
Re: GOTV Issues 2016 by Ferdyboss: 10:07pm On Dec 29, 2017
Melsan:
Hello Ferdyboss,hope you coping well with Daddy Roles? As for the dream,you need to pray to God for interpretations.
Nice diary!

Thanks Melsan for your concern. I truly appreciate
As for daddy roles, I'm trying my best.

1 Like

Re: GOTV Issues 2016 by Melsan: 10:17pm On Dec 29, 2017
Ferdyboss:

Thanks Melsan for your concern. I truly appreciate
As for daddy roles, I'm trying my best.
My pleasure. Keep it up.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

John Wick: Chapter 3 / Download Gunjan Saxena : The Kargil Girl (2020) - Bollywood / Tales By Moonlight

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.