Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,245 members, 7,880,914 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 09:08 AM

MMM: CBN Issues Strong Warning To Nigerians - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / MMM: CBN Issues Strong Warning To Nigerians (869 Views)

MMM Posts Christmas Greeting. Angry Participants React (Photos) / "Stop Investing In MMM" - CBN Warns Nigerians Again / Account Freezing: MMM Reacts To Nigerians' Outbursts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

MMM: CBN Issues Strong Warning To Nigerians by saints2(f): 10:43am On Nov 01, 2016
The Central Bank of Nigeria has warned Nigerians not to patronize the so-called ‘wonder banks’, as their activities were not regulated by it. The warning was issued on Monday by the Head, Consumer Protection Department, CBN, Hajiya Kadija Kassim.

Kassim stated this during a mentoring programme for students of the Government Secondary School, Suleja, Niger State. The programme held simultaneously in over 200 schools as part of activities to mark the World Savings Day.

‘MMM Federal Republic of Nigeria (nigeria.)’ also called “mutual aid financial network,” is said to come with a monthly investment return of 30 per cent. But, the CBN said anything could happen to people who invested in the scheme as it is not regulated by the apex bank.

Kassim, while responding to a question asked by one of the students, described the scheme as fraudulent since it was not supported by any business model.

She said, “We have heard about the activities of MMM, but I want to warn you against it because they are wonder banks that are not regulated.

“Desist from their activities because they are fraudulent.”

She said the theme of this year’s World Savings Day, ‘Don’t save what is left after spending, but spend what is left after saving’, would assist in creating the needed awareness on the need to save.

She added, “The World Savings Day is a tradition created with the objective of stressing the importance of savings for modern economies and individuals alike.

“The primary objective is to increase awareness on financial literacy among various segments of the general public to sensitise them to the importance of saving, earning a livelihood, inculcating a savings habit, and generating employment and entrepreneurship for personal and national development.”

Source:
http://www.ajayiwrites.com/2016/11/mmm-cbn-issues-strong-warning-to.html

Re: MMM: CBN Issues Strong Warning To Nigerians by saints2(f): 10:43am On Nov 01, 2016
I hope and pray they hear and listen...

lalasticlala, Seun
Re: MMM: CBN Issues Strong Warning To Nigerians by beycity(m): 10:48am On Nov 01, 2016
CBN should just shut up jurr!!! It's their money, let them do what they want with it.
Re: MMM: CBN Issues Strong Warning To Nigerians by Proudlyngwa(m): 10:50am On Nov 01, 2016
Hahaha
Now that I have made up my mind to enter MMM , the useless CBN with their kurukere policies is coming up with this stupid advice, meanwhile half of their staff have enrolled.
The day I saw two managers in my company, logging into MMM that was the day I knew say I don miss big time.

I doubt if this people have even read the fine print about MMM.
Currently people looking for help to give are far more than people looking to receive help. But, the CBN said anything could happen to people who invested in the scheme as it is not regulated by the apex bank. .
This I believe is the CBN's gross
Re: MMM: CBN Issues Strong Warning To Nigerians by chriskosherbal(m): 10:53am On Nov 01, 2016
We are listening.
Re: MMM: CBN Issues Strong Warning To Nigerians by orunto27: 10:57am On Nov 01, 2016
What is MMM?
Re: MMM: CBN Issues Strong Warning To Nigerians by Mynd44: 11:00am On Nov 01, 2016

(1)

M / To MMM Investors / MMM Is Back And Better

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.