Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,901 members, 7,889,981 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 06:30 AM

Iyoha Lucky Orphanage Foundation - Please Confirm Existence - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Iyoha Lucky Orphanage Foundation - Please Confirm Existence (2885 Views)

Woman Chained And Paraded For Stealing From An Orphanage In Anambra (Photos) / Orphanage Where Elo Ogidi Was Found Has Been Shut Down / Police Decleared Iyoha Godspower Godson Wanted (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Iyoha Lucky Orphanage Foundation - Please Confirm Existence by Nmanuanu(f): 2:20pm On Nov 01, 2016
Hello house, especially those familiar with Edo State and its environs, I need your help.

Please read below

My friend (a Ghanaian) contacted me this morning and asked if I know any Iyoha Lucky Orphanage Foundation situated in Edo State. I told him a truthful "no", even though I served in Edo State several years ago, I didn't quite tour the whole state let alone take note of all the orphanages there. I probed him to know why he was asking and he said a friend of his (an Indian who lives and works in Ghana) asked him to support him to contribute to the orphanage. I said, that is a good idea, but I asked him if he has supported all the orphanages in Ghana, and why this specific orphanage. He said a renowned pastor in Ghana sent his friend this facebook message. see copied message below:

"i don't know you in person, but God knows you, God showed me a revelation, when i was on your profile, on my page, to see things around you. When i was praying, i saw favour from God and i saw spiritual attacks from the enemies, working on holding such blessing, working on destroying the work of your hand. God said that i should tell you to sow into the lives of orphans, in IYOHA LUCKY ORPHANAGE FOUNDATION, somewhere in Edo State, before the end of 3 days, for spiritual/divine breakthrough, in your life and that of your family. If only you can believe this word and do as He has instructed, you will testify to the Glory of God, when you sow into the lives of those kids (Deu. 28:1-5). Contact the MD incharge of the foundation, to get their details; +2348104077101 Please do not joke with this prophecy. God bless you"

I asked him a simple question "what do you think about this message?" and he said he doesn't think anything of it. that it is either real or a scam and that is why he is enquiring about the orphanage, he then added that his friend is desperate to help and he doesn't mind supporting his friend. I asked even more questions. Why did the pastor specifically spell out this orphanage and was it also God that revealed to the pastor this telephone number? He said he wondered the exact same thing and then started laughing. I said ok, at least I am happy you are aware it could be as scam, that pastor's facebook page could have been hacked and the hacker could have sent the same message to hundreds of people. At that point, I offered to call the number in the message and at least find out if the place has a physical location and make further enquiries.

I called the number and a man picked up. His response to my "good morning" was a "God bless you" lollolol... I introduced myself but he refused to introduce himself or maybe he just didn't hear my question. I went ahead to state why I was calling; he immediately noted that they would really appreciate financial support and he can send me an account number where I would send all donations to. I asked if food donations would also be accepted and he said they would prefer cash but they also welcome other donations. I then asked about the physical address and he said... oh... "the area is very far and remote", etc. I said to him I need all the details I can get so that we would know the best way to support the children (over 150 of them). He eventually agreed to send me a physical address. which he just did since 9.08am I spoke to him last...does it take so long to send an address? The address he sent is "46 lampese quarter akokoedo. edo state" (the address is not even on google map )

Back to the reason I am writing this. Can someone....anyone please confirm if you've ever heard about this orphanage and if it really does exist? I don't want to discourage them from donating without having concrete evidence that this is possibly a scam. smiley smiley smiley

Many thanks.
Re: Iyoha Lucky Orphanage Foundation - Please Confirm Existence by chweetness: 7:35am On Jul 10, 2017
I just received the same message and I'm not in Ghana. The profile is Pastor Adeboye of Redeem Christian Church Of God. Obviously this is the work of fraudsters using his picture and name to defraud people.
Re: Iyoha Lucky Orphanage Foundation - Please Confirm Existence by Nmanuanu(f): 6:36pm On Aug 29, 2017
Wow, thanks for this...
chweetness:
I just received the same message and I'm not in Ghana. The profile is Pastor Adeboye of Redeem Christian Church Of God. Obviously this is the work of fraudsters using his picture and name to defraud people.

(1) (Reply)

Husband Allegedly Machete Wife To Death In Rivers State (graphic Photos) / Terrifying Photos Reveal In South Africa #xenophobia / Help my life is under threat by Cultist!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.