Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,093 members, 7,946,701 topics. Date: Thursday, 12 September 2024 at 03:43 AM

Help With "error 404!" *****CLOSED* ISSUE RESOLVED! - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Help With "error 404!" *****CLOSED* ISSUE RESOLVED! (757 Views)

Error 404 - Page Not Found / Error 404 - Page Not Found Why Am I Seeing This Page?. Delete Page / The Best 404 Error Pages Of All Time (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help With "error 404!" *****CLOSED* ISSUE RESOLVED! by KennyG6(m): 11:27am On Oct 28, 2009
Hi all
I am trying to upload a webpage using Dreamweaver CS3 and have been having the error message "Error 404!" page cannot be found. The problem is i have uploaded the site previously and it worked fine,
Re: Help With "error 404!" *****CLOSED* ISSUE RESOLVED! by yawatide(f): 11:42am On Oct 28, 2009
What is the filename? What is the url?

Try uploading via the traditional means (sans DW or FTP) in the cpanel and let us know if that works.
Re: Help With "error 404!" *****CLOSED* ISSUE RESOLVED! by KennyG6(m): 11:46am On Oct 28, 2009
yawa-ti-de:

What is the filename? What is the url?

Try uploading via the traditional means (sans DW or FTP) in the cpanel and let us know if that works.
thnx
The attempts so far have been via ftp, each time i test the login via DW it tells me DW has connected successfully but once uploaded the page returns the error message.
Re: Help With "error 404!" *****CLOSED* ISSUE RESOLVED! by kolitos007: 5:07pm On Oct 28, 2009
Kenny_G:

Hi all
I am trying to upload a webpage using Dreamweaver CS3 and have been having the error message "Error 404!" page cannot be found. The problem is i have uploaded the site previously and it worked fine,

You have to show something or give are much more detail explanation of your problem so far you are just saying you having Error 404, i don't think yawa can really help you in that way, so a brief description of what the file name is where you uploaded it may help.

But when you get this error message could mean the file you are trying to view does not exist, or the part to the file is incorrect.

Or maybe you have not set the right default document, you may have just index.htm or index.html, but then can't help you there, cus I dont' even know what type of web server you use or maybe its not even default file you looking at

(1) (Reply)

Lack Of Asp.net Developers / Whatssup With Webmaster For Africa? / Know Your Stand(Which are you)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.