Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,523 members, 7,888,668 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 12:29 PM

The Made In Aba Boots Our Nigerian Army Will Be Rocking Soon - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Made In Aba Boots Our Nigerian Army Will Be Rocking Soon (55048 Views)

Check Out The Made In Aba Boots Nigerian Army Will Be Wearing Soon / Army Places Order To Buy 50,000 Made-in-aba Boots For Nigerian Military(photos) / Army Orders For Made In Aba Boots (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Made In Aba Boots Our Nigerian Army Will Be Rocking Soon by SWORD419(m): 10:34am On Nov 02, 2016
they even look better than the imported ones
Re: The Made In Aba Boots Our Nigerian Army Will Be Rocking Soon by sekundosekundo: 10:34am On Nov 02, 2016
richidinho:
grin
That boot is too heavy abeg, hope it doesn't affect them when running after insurgents

All the same, nice start from the Japanese of Africa

How do you know the weight of that shoe, is it b'cos it's from SE.
Re: The Made In Aba Boots Our Nigerian Army Will Be Rocking Soon by AreaFada2: 10:35am On Nov 02, 2016
To be honest, I never knew that Nigerian armed forces still have to import all their boots. Very funny. Considering how much pomo we eat in 9ja. grin cheesy grin

No wonder GEJ was discouraging pomo eating years ago. To provide hide & skin for the leather industry. cheesy
Re: The Made In Aba Boots Our Nigerian Army Will Be Rocking Soon by PatrickAnyanwu(m): 10:38am On Nov 02, 2016
Good start. They should work on the thickness and weight. modern military boots are lighter. Gradually we will get their
Re: The Made In Aba Boots Our Nigerian Army Will Be Rocking Soon by kenAlmighty: 10:39am On Nov 02, 2016
great work to all dem Aba guys keep doing the good worK
Re: The Made In Aba Boots Our Nigerian Army Will Be Rocking Soon by oboy3(m): 10:59am On Nov 02, 2016
jerryfisher:
do u mean the AFONJAS?
i no call name o
Re: The Made In Aba Boots Our Nigerian Army Will Be Rocking Soon by Nobody: 11:05am On Nov 02, 2016
cowardSeun:
If not for the intervention of the Aba shoe makers, the bush-burning genocidal soldiers will be fighting bokoharam barefooted in sambisa forest.
Your level of ignorance and dumbness is alarming.
Empty headed fellow.
Re: The Made In Aba Boots Our Nigerian Army Will Be Rocking Soon by ensamy(m): 11:07am On Nov 02, 2016
Hope they wrote made in Aba and not made in Italy .
Re: The Made In Aba Boots Our Nigerian Army Will Be Rocking Soon by fourthworld: 11:18am On Nov 02, 2016
ObiOmaMu:
The Nigerian Army supports Federal Government's Policy of #BuyMadeInNigeria. So they placed an order for 50,000 pairs of shoes produced in Aba, Abia State.

http://www.lailasblog.com/2016/11/check-out-made-in-aba-boots-our.html

I think it's high time people stopped wailing and support Buhari, this man seems to know how to fix Nigeria. I wish he could just show more patriotism and shun bigotry, Niger will fly for sure

1 Like

Re: The Made In Aba Boots Our Nigerian Army Will Be Rocking Soon by Nobody: 11:20am On Nov 02, 2016
MrEverest:
Is like you are related to lie Mohamed. I prefer Aba made clothes because they look better design wise (especially when you have a good tailor) and also last much longer than the ones I buy in boutiques. Pls dont say what you dont know.
most of the shoes we wear are aba made no doubt but most dont last.look at the sneakers i bought 4 jogging.within a month the sneakers don open mouth dey laugh.same with their trousers.if u wear their trouser after some months u will notice the underneath wearing off.the brogue shoe or cover shoe my uncle sent to me frm italy in 2010 is still with me.which aba made shoe fit last frm 2010 till now.to be honest the group in nigeria that make gud leather products are the hausas.

2 Likes

Re: The Made In Aba Boots Our Nigerian Army Will Be Rocking Soon by mengho(m): 11:21am On Nov 02, 2016
I want one
Re: The Made In Aba Boots Our Nigerian Army Will Be Rocking Soon by Kingjoe7: 11:31am On Nov 02, 2016
PentiumProf:
Igbos control nigeria
U no fit get sense again
Re: The Made In Aba Boots Our Nigerian Army Will Be Rocking Soon by Kingjoe7: 11:32am On Nov 02, 2016
PentiumProf:

Good point
smh u don see pics of them bare footed before
Re: The Made In Aba Boots Our Nigerian Army Will Be Rocking Soon by PentiumProf: 11:36am On Nov 02, 2016
Kingjoe7:

U no fit get sense again
Kingjoe7 is a

Re: The Made In Aba Boots Our Nigerian Army Will Be Rocking Soon by jaywhoco(m): 11:38am On Nov 02, 2016
richidinho:
grin
That boot is too heavy abeg, hope it doesn't affect them when running after insurgents

. You can tell its weight from looking @ it...?
Re: The Made In Aba Boots Our Nigerian Army Will Be Rocking Soon by hollywater: 11:52am On Nov 02, 2016
richidinho:
grin

How do you know the boot is too heavy? Stop hating. Your last paragraph, is just a make up.

1 Like

Re: The Made In Aba Boots Our Nigerian Army Will Be Rocking Soon by ken2baba(m): 12:03pm On Nov 02, 2016
Smellymouth:

Na so this thread go end...

hahaha

1 Like

Re: The Made In Aba Boots Our Nigerian Army Will Be Rocking Soon by teadrake(m): 12:18pm On Nov 02, 2016
gbosaa:

I disagree. That's a very light boot. Look at the design properly. Upper part is tough synthetic and flexible. It aids good ventilation and is comfortable around the ankle and lower part of leg.

Outer sole is where the bulk of the weigh lies. I believe the contractors would use full grain leather for the counter heel and toe vamp. It would be a crime to use faux leather for such. That's my fear and concern.

If the contractors cheat and cut corner by using fake leather, they will be getting lots of complaints from the Army. Normally this sort of shoes should be rigorously tested to make sure they can withstand tough terrains.

Fake materials and bad craftsmanship would be exposed. The faux leather will break and peel off while the sole separates from the upper part if the threading/sewing is bad.

This is an opportunity my Aba brothers must not waste.
A wonderful citizen spotted!!
God bless Nigeria!!
Re: The Made In Aba Boots Our Nigerian Army Will Be Rocking Soon by missjulie484(f): 12:18pm On Nov 02, 2016
deuce07:
Still flexing my made in aba "Ton pord"... Buy 9ja to grow 9ja

Kudos dear
Re: The Made In Aba Boots Our Nigerian Army Will Be Rocking Soon by ArabMopol(m): 12:37pm On Nov 02, 2016
richidinho:
grin

what is too heavy maybe u are in 50kg category with chicken legs that's why it looks too heavy to you... compare America military boots below and tell me which of them is heavier... Afonjas will always find fault in any good thing coming out from the East

1 Like

Re: The Made In Aba Boots Our Nigerian Army Will Be Rocking Soon by tiger28: 12:38pm On Nov 02, 2016
EternalTruths:

Afonja
I really thought you Biafrans decided to port to during the election when Seun said Nairaland does not support Biafra agitation. Alas,tons of you negros are still on nairaland. So much for empty threats.

2 Likes

Re: The Made In Aba Boots Our Nigerian Army Will Be Rocking Soon by Blizzy9ja: 12:39pm On Nov 02, 2016
smileybut dats wat they have been using since na
Re: The Made In Aba Boots Our Nigerian Army Will Be Rocking Soon by blackbeau1(f): 12:40pm On Nov 02, 2016
It is my Ernest prayer that d sole doesn't fall off while the soldiers are chasing their quarry
Re: The Made In Aba Boots Our Nigerian Army Will Be Rocking Soon by ArabMopol(m): 12:51pm On Nov 02, 2016
Bsc:
Aba made is usually awesome... But it could disgrace u, wear the shoe take two walk steps and every thing falls apart.
brother I rock aba shoes, u can't even tell the difference between Gucci Prada and aba shoes ,all my aba shoes stand test of time, nearly all of them has last half a decade and still look strong and good, the one that spoil easily are likely cheap shoes, if I want something good I have to spent the cash and get a quality made in aba shoes , do u knw 90% of those US shoes,clothes, phones we rock are made in China, everything depends on quality demand , if u have money u go for higher quality if u don't have them go for lower quality that's a choice

1 Like

Re: The Made In Aba Boots Our Nigerian Army Will Be Rocking Soon by LastProphet: 1:03pm On Nov 02, 2016
Bsc:
Aba made is usually awesome... But it could disgrace u, wear the shoe take two walk steps and every thing falls apart.

this truth u have spoken will be summarized as hatred or envy as expected by the flat skulled people

1 Like

Re: The Made In Aba Boots Our Nigerian Army Will Be Rocking Soon by FancyDaddy: 1:42pm On Nov 02, 2016
Long lasting Acubey for the Soldiers

Re: The Made In Aba Boots Our Nigerian Army Will Be Rocking Soon by Mojoy88(m): 2:06pm On Nov 02, 2016
richidinho:
grin

Bad belle! You don use am before?
Re: The Made In Aba Boots Our Nigerian Army Will Be Rocking Soon by Nobody: 2:15pm On Nov 02, 2016
afanide:

You must be a shoemaker cheesy cheesy

You knowledge about this is quite explicit.

Do you know that this is a very BIG opportunity for those Aba boys to explore to International market?

I swear if they miss-use this opportunity at this National level by compromising the materials, they they will NEVER go beyond ABA.

Not hating on them though.....

The military has a reputation for tough and durable gears. Their shoes especially deserve the best material and craftsmanship. Bad shoes can reduce combat effectiveness. Imagine your finest soldiers struggling with foot problem because of bad shoe materials or bad shoemaking...blisters from stiffeners and bracers sticking out and poking on vulnerable part of the feet, badly 'vented' shoes with moisture and fungi destroying the feet.

Most times you wear one pair of boots in tough, rough and very unfriendly environment with lots of socks. You can have clean socks but state of your shoes can make or mar you.

I pray Aba boys use this opportunity to prove what they can do. Quality of those boots must not be compromised no matter the temptation. They just have to get it right.

A soldier who gets just one pair of boots in two years deserve the strongest and best quality shoes possible. Aba must not disappoint.

1 Like

Re: The Made In Aba Boots Our Nigerian Army Will Be Rocking Soon by Nobody: 2:23pm On Nov 02, 2016
Bsc:

The shoemaking section of the market need to be strictly regulated. I'm sure there are lots of very genuine shoe makers there who not only produce amazing designs but quality shoes as well.

The genuine makers there should be encouraged. That's the reason lots of pepole would rush for clarks shoes instead of shoezone.

2 Likes

Re: The Made In Aba Boots Our Nigerian Army Will Be Rocking Soon by Bigcake: 2:30pm On Nov 02, 2016
richidinho:
grin

Mr condermser...... what can u produce with your leprosy hands...?
Re: The Made In Aba Boots Our Nigerian Army Will Be Rocking Soon by HashtagMoniker(m): 3:35pm On Nov 02, 2016
Looks NYC and durable
Re: The Made In Aba Boots Our Nigerian Army Will Be Rocking Soon by Genesis2000(m): 3:37pm On Nov 02, 2016
gbosaa:

I disagree. That's a very light boot. Look at the design properly. Upper part is tough synthetic and flexible. It aids good ventilation and is comfortable around the ankle and lower part of leg.

Outer sole is where the bulk of the weigh lies. I believe the contractors would use full grain leather for the counter heel and toe vamp. It would be a crime to use faux leather for such. That's my fear and concern.

If the contractors cheat and cut corner by using fake leather, they will be getting lots of complaints from the Army. Normally this sort of shoes should be rigorously tested to make sure they can withstand tough terrains.

Fake materials and bad craftsmanship would be exposed. The faux leather will break and peel off while the sole separates from the upper part if the threading/sewing is bad.

This is an opportunity my Aba brothers must not waste.

you're very correct sir. I did ophostery, and we makes use of leather and fabrics. I think i knows what your talking about.

Am very sure they will not misused this very opportunity as you rightly said.

I have a friend who is currently on these business, they also have
good shoes.

And besides i don't think they will have the courage to do a bad work for the Nigeria Army. I don't think so.

That man talking nonsense is just trying to make caricature of them.
Instead of encouraging them.
Pathetic.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Governor Fayose's Prediction On Bukola Saraki Has Come To Pass. (see Screenshot) / Make Fridays Work-free, Allow Hijabs – Muslims List 6 Restructuring Demands / APC Presidential Rally: Ilorin Residents Reject Buhari, Sweeps Off Bad Luck Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.