Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,631 members, 7,951,614 topics. Date: Tuesday, 17 September 2024 at 07:30 PM

The Uncertainty In The Nigerian Government (jamb As An Example) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Uncertainty In The Nigerian Government (jamb As An Example) (638 Views)

See What I Received On My Phone With jamb as sender (with screenshot) / SOS Appeal To JAMB As A Centre In Ikorodu Shuts Down Systems Before Time(video) / 12 Federal Universities Approved By JAMB As Second Choice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Uncertainty In The Nigerian Government (jamb As An Example) by Pengician(m): 7:50am On Nov 02, 2016
THE UNCERTAINTY IN THE NIGERIAN GOVERNMENT (JAMB AS AN EXAMPLE)

Instability and uncertainty has been the bane of Nigeria’s development. I am still wondering why, in the multitude of advisers that our political leaders do parade, they still continue to take unforeseen decisions which are never worth it. Their decisions are always towards a direction. They never craft out a little of their time to look at the two sides to the decisions they take.

When you have a new leader in office, instead of him/her to continue with what his/her predecessor has already begun (by way of making sure that they come to completion), they tend to throw everything away into a waste basket and start with their new policies, only with a view to starting new projects and making more money in the process. As the years roll by, we continue to amass uncompleted projects and dreams cut short.

Not quite long, I learnt that the newly appointed Registrar of the Joint Admissions and Matriculations Board (JAMB) has discontinued the use of scratch cards for their post-registration services such as Result Slip Printing, Admission Letter Printing, amongst others.
I sat down and asked myself “At what level of life will a man discover that he is no longer a kid”? At this age that we have our dear country (Nigeria), policies can just be made, not minding who it affects.

I have critically looked at this malaise and concluded that Nigeria my country is still premature – a country that made JAMB the only Institution (body) that was vested the authority to give admissions into higher institutions of learning in the country.

That the President sacked the former Registrar of JAMB and it now has a new Registrar, does that make it a different Institution. The problem of uncertainty has eaten deep into our systems that virtually all entrepreneurs are no longer having any form of confidence on what might be the next line of action. What we call risk in business is not this type.

According to JAMB, the cards sold to prospective students and even those who are already students of the higher institutions, are to be used for five times. Now they have designed their website to use only online payments, without considering those whom they have sold their cards to. What now happens to those who have paid for their card and there is no link for them to use it?
To make this matter worse, the so-called institution (JAMB) was selling these scratch cards to the public from their offices, even to the day that the site was completely changed to online printing of results without scratch cards. Now these same offices are not agreeing to collect the cards back; and they are branches of JAMB, published online as their certified branches. I call this fraud! If a body that is saddled with the responsibility of solely giving admission to Nigerian prospective students can be this fraudulent, then this country is not yet ready for growth. I have come to understand that in this country, once you are given power (especially political), anything can happen. What really happens if they leave the link for people to check their results with their cards while introducing the link for the e-payment? Would it not have been better? The level of uncertainty in this country is what I’m still pondering on.
Have you gone through the site? A lot of what I call “rubbish”. They are ready to debit you three (3) times you would not have access to the particular service you want to assess. Most of the links are not functional. Could this be a test-run? If it is, why would they use people’s money to test their proficiency in programming? I am still wondering what a country that Nigeria is.
If Nigeria is actually a country that must grow, then the issue of bringing up new policies all the time without looking at the two sides to the coin will not be a better idea at this time. Let’s work on continuity. Innovations are beautiful, but bringing the populace to a ground level because you want to introduce something is not the best.

Let continuity be a part of this government!

Let our leaders be more reasonable.

Let Nigeria be great! God bless Nigeria!

© Donatus Don Enubuzor 2016

Culled from www.pengician.com
Re: The Uncertainty In The Nigerian Government (jamb As An Example) by Olabodedennis(m): 8:15am On Nov 02, 2016
Pengician:
THE UNCERTAINTY IN THE NIGERIAN GOVERNMENT (JAMB AS AN EXAMPLE)

Instability and uncertainty has been the bane of Nigeria’s development. I am still wondering why, in the multitude of advisers that our political leaders do parade, they still continue to take unforeseen decisions which are never worth it. Their decisions are always towards a direction. They never craft out a little of their time to look at the two sides to the decisions they take.

When you have a new leader in office, instead of him/her to continue with what his/her predecessor has already begun (by way of making sure that they come to completion), they tend to throw everything away into a waste basket and start with their new policies, only with a view to starting new projects and making more money in the process. As the years roll by, we continue to amass uncompleted projects and dreams cut short.

Not quite long, I learnt that the newly appointed Registrar of the Joint Admissions and Matriculations Board (JAMB) has discontinued the use of scratch cards for their post-registration services such as Result Slip Printing, Admission Letter Printing, amongst others.
I sat down and asked myself “At what level of life will a man discover that he is no longer a kid”? At this age that we have our dear country (Nigeria), policies can just be made, not minding who it affects.

I have critically looked at this malaise and concluded that Nigeria my country is still premature – a country that made JAMB the only Institution (body) that was vested the authority to give admissions into higher institutions of learning in the country.

That the President sacked the former Registrar of JAMB and it now has a new Registrar, does that make it a different Institution. The problem of uncertainty has eaten deep into our systems that virtually all entrepreneurs are no longer having any form of confidence on what might be the next line of action. What we call risk in business is not this type.

According to JAMB, the cards sold to prospective students and even those who are already students of the higher institutions, are to be used for five times. Now they have designed their website to use only online payments, without considering those whom they have sold their cards to. What now happens to those who have paid for their card and there is no link for them to use it?
To make this matter worse, the so-called institution (JAMB) was selling these scratch cards to the public from their offices, even to the day that the site was completely changed to online printing of results without scratch cards. Now these same offices are not agreeing to collect the cards back; and they are branches of JAMB, published online as their certified branches. I call this fraud! If a body that is saddled with the responsibility of solely giving admission to Nigerian prospective students can be this fraudulent, then this country is not yet ready for growth. I have come to understand that in this country, once you are given power (especially political), anything can happen. What really happens if they leave the link for people to check their results with their cards while introducing the link for the e-payment? Would it not have been better? The level of uncertainty in this country is what I’m still pondering on.
Have you gone through the site? A lot of what I call “rubbish”. They are ready to debit you three (3) times you would not have access to the particular service you want to assess. Most of the links are not functional. Could this be a test-run? If it is, why would they use people’s money to test their proficiency in programming? I am still wondering what a country that Nigeria is.
If Nigeria is actually a country that must grow, then the issue of bringing up new policies all the time without looking at the two sides to the coin will not be a better idea at this time. Let’s work on continuity. Innovations are beautiful, but bringing the populace to a ground level because you want to introduce something is not the best.

Let continuity be a part of this government!

Let our leaders be more reasonable.

Let Nigeria be great! God bless Nigeria!

© Donatus Don Enubuzor 2016

Culled from www.pengician.com
Nice write up
Re: The Uncertainty In The Nigerian Government (jamb As An Example) by danosky91(m): 8:33am On Nov 02, 2016
Great piece! So sad and they claim 2 be learned bargaining so many "professor-cheap",but still undiluted in their way of reasonings.i call them bag of nonentity.

1 Like

Re: The Uncertainty In The Nigerian Government (jamb As An Example) by Pengician(m): 9:43am On Nov 02, 2016
danosky91:
Great piece! So sad and they claim 2 be learned bargaining so many "professor-cheap",but still undiluted in their way of reasonings.i call them bag of nonentity.

You're right!
Re: The Uncertainty In The Nigerian Government (jamb As An Example) by donatus73(m): 5:43pm On Nov 02, 2016
danosky91:
Yeah! That's it

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

The Hair Growing Secrets For Women Finally Revealed! / 9 Premium ICT Courses: 100% Practical / Awaiting Result Not Scrapped But They Would Not Be Considered For Admission-jamb

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.