Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,293 members, 7,920,088 topics. Date: Tuesday, 13 August 2024 at 07:17 PM

What Causes Motion Sickness? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / What Causes Motion Sickness? (756 Views)

Motion Sickness / Why Does Reading In A Moving Car Cause Motion Sickness? / Urine Therapy - Perfect Cure for all Sickness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Causes Motion Sickness? by jupita: 3:39pm On Oct 28, 2009
what causes motion sickness?
i've suffered from motion sickness for as long as i can remember.from the days of trying to rush homework on my way to sch in the back of the car till now i cant still read in a car or on the go without feeling like throwing up.does anyone know the cause of this,and is there any trend because i don't know anyone that goes through the same.
Re: What Causes Motion Sickness? by jaybee3(m): 3:40pm On Oct 28, 2009
dynamic force
Re: What Causes Motion Sickness? by dominique(f): 7:29pm On Oct 29, 2009
jay bee:

dynamic force

pls expantiate
Re: What Causes Motion Sickness? by agathamari(f): 7:39pm On Oct 30, 2009
its caused by stimulation in the vestibular system. your inner ear consists of a series of tubes that contain fluid. this controls your equalibrium (balance) the movement cause the fluid to slosh around as well as the information from your eyes and muscles overloads the sensory systems leading to nausea, dizzyness and such
Re: What Causes Motion Sickness? by xxcarolxx(f): 7:56pm On Oct 30, 2009
I went through the same as a child but i grew out of it. I hated going on car journeys cos i would always be sick. To take my mind of the journey i would count telegraph poles or count cars that passed. I couldnt read in a car either. There is motion sickness tablets that you can take about two hours before your journey, you can buy them over the counter in any chemist.
Re: What Causes Motion Sickness? by MUZBO(m): 7:58pm On Nov 01, 2009
Duhh, motion causes motion sickness. Try not to move and if you have to then I have nightcrawler's phone number.

Seriously now don't worry about the cause, just take your Scopolamine(Buscopan) prophylactically.
Re: What Causes Motion Sickness? by Nobody: 8:00pm On Nov 01, 2009
I wonder too. I'm motion-sickness embarassed
Cant read in the car, always feel like throwing up.
I usually force myself to sleep on a long road trip/ airplane trip.
Re: What Causes Motion Sickness? by Nobody: 8:09pm On Nov 01, 2009
Phewwww.

I've suffered motion sickness for like God-knows-how long.
I sweat profusely in a car if i'm not the one driving.

Not moving is almost impossible in car.
Several times i've tried looking outside the window and into the sky but e no work.
Re: What Causes Motion Sickness? by jupita: 8:56am On Nov 02, 2009
Thks agatha, but why doesnt every1 suffer from it? As far as i knw am the only1 in my family.and again wots dynamic forces and ow does cause motion sickness?
Re: What Causes Motion Sickness? by agathamari(f): 9:42pm On Nov 02, 2009
jupita:

Thks agatha, but why doesnt every1 suffer from it? As far as i knw am the only1 in my family.and again wots dynamic forces and ow does cause motion sickness?
there are 3 ways the brain interprets movement. your eyes, your muscles and your equalibrium. when the signals they send to the brain dont match your brain can become overloaded with information and in its attempt to sort the issues can lead to the nausea and dizzyness. most people will have motion sickness at least once in thier lives but everyone has differnt threshholds. some people outgrow it when todlers others will have it untill they grow old.  some people will only get sick on airplanes or deep ocean crossings while others riding in a car. if yours is really bad try not to read or focus on non moving objects while your moving,  can actualy make it worse not better or close your eyes and try not to think about it. remember, smiling supresses teh gag reflex and can help with mild nausa as can peppermint or ginger.  be happy there are some that get sick just thinking about riding in a car or boat.
Re: What Causes Motion Sickness? by jupita: 9:54am On Nov 03, 2009
THANKS now i understand grin

(1) (Reply)

Latest Technique By Robbers In Naija / Get Healthy, Get Wealthy / Dangote Donates $2m To Pakistan’s Flood Victims

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.