Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,427 members, 7,881,564 topics. Date: Saturday, 06 July 2024 at 12:01 AM

Do We Give Albums The Listening Pleasure They Deserve - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Do We Give Albums The Listening Pleasure They Deserve (297 Views)

Why Artistes’ Preference For Singles Over Albums Is Increasing / Nigerian Artistes Don't Deserve A Grammy - Hiptv CEO, Ayo Animashaun / Seven Most Anticipated Albums Of 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Do We Give Albums The Listening Pleasure They Deserve by Nobody: 1:15pm On Nov 02, 2016
“Initially I make my music for people that’s in prison, ’cause they have nothing but time to listen to it.” - Kendrick Lamar

Imagine the look on my Friend's face when I told him that I just heard channel orange by Frank Ocean mid this year. And he was like "
" what the hell have you been listening to?"
"Music" I answered
This makes me ask the question

"Do we really give music the listening pleasure they deserve?"

Rewind a year ago when I was watching Kendrick Lamar interview with Ebro on Hot 97, where he forgave his haters who claim his album is not a classic.
Going on to say immediately calling albums classic kind of water down the meaning of the word. “Let it live a little bit,” he said
meaning that he wants people to take time with his work and not be so quick to label records as classics
Claiming that he makes his music for people in prison, because they have nothing but time to listen to it. describing his album as “Sophisticated gangster shit"
Kendrick says he is the voice for black men who can’t express it when they feel sadness. In certain communities, it is taboo for a man to do so.
Id agree with him because you look at the amount of time it takes to make the album and all the message intended to the listener and it all boils down to you downloading the album and listening to only "I" and king kunta and there you have it my playlist. The artwork of the artist is distorted and the end all his hardwork is dropped for the next big thing in a systole

Music is an ever highing drug and artists out there know how to concoct crack-like addicting songs in their notes, bars, rhymes and melodies..
So tell me do we really give albums the listening pleasure they deserve
Now Dr.Dre releases Compton which I must say is a masterpiece , Anderson paak featured majorly on that albums and totally killed it
Still not giving our ear drum's rest went on to release Malibu almost immediately.
more at. ..
http://oddverbs..com.ng/2016/11/do-we-really-give-albums-listening-they.html?m=1

(1) (Reply)

Delivered Another / Christine Prayer Topics / Mozart Officially Sold The Most Cds In 2016, Beats Drake

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.