Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,439 members, 7,917,360 topics. Date: Sunday, 11 August 2024 at 01:34 AM

Kenyan Doctors Separate Conjoined Twins: First In Africa - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Kenyan Doctors Separate Conjoined Twins: First In Africa (31387 Views)

Doctors Separate Conjoined Twins At Abuja Hospital,speaker Dogara Pay The Bill(p / Doctors Separate Conjoined Twins In Yola After Hours Of Surgery. Photos / Kenyan Doctors Remove 7 Needles In 3-Year-Old Girl’s Stomach (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kenyan Doctors Separate Conjoined Twins: First In Africa by OAUTemitayo: 1:32pm On Nov 03, 2016
Re: Kenyan Doctors Separate Conjoined Twins: First In Africa by Beey(f): 1:35pm On Nov 03, 2016
STFUareyouGod:
Kenya? shocked strange! Who says nothing good can come out of their Nazareth?
LOL , Kenya is my homeland.Good things are always happening but we all know bad news travels more than good news.Your mods love peddling bad news to make Kenya look bad.Afterall, the stories they share are not unique to Kenya, they are happening elsewhere !

3 Likes

Re: Kenyan Doctors Separate Conjoined Twins: First In Africa by amicable09(f): 1:37pm On Nov 03, 2016
Babzilla:

We have experts .... But they are not based here
Lol. Pele grin
Re: Kenyan Doctors Separate Conjoined Twins: First In Africa by Nobody: 1:39pm On Nov 03, 2016
Beey:
LOL , Kenya is my homeland.Good things are always happening but we all know bad news travels more than good news.Your mods love peddling bad news to make Kenya look bad.Afterall, the stories they share are not unique to Kenya, they are happening elsewhere !
Really? Tell me more please cuz I hardly read any good news from Kenya #nooffence
Re: Kenyan Doctors Separate Conjoined Twins: First In Africa by TheVictorious(m): 1:57pm On Nov 03, 2016
aylagos:
if can not use your brain use Google #ARGUMENTUMADHOMINEM

You that can use your brain, kindly do that and post the link or any other proof of your assertion that I don't agree with, simple.

I shouldn't be the one to check google to validate your point. I don't agree with it in the first place, and you're now shifting the burden of proof to me. NONSENSE

If there was no need to validate one's point, then you would not have been seeing all the posts you've been reading here since morning. People would have simply been creating topics and referring you to google to research on them!
Re: Kenyan Doctors Separate Conjoined Twins: First In Africa by stagger: 2:03pm On Nov 03, 2016
Siamese twins joined at the buttocks have been separated in LUTH in the 90s. Well documented. Let us believe in our own for once.
Re: Kenyan Doctors Separate Conjoined Twins: First In Africa by aylagos(m): 2:24pm On Nov 03, 2016
TheVictorious:

You that can use your brain, kindly do that and post the link or any other proof of your assertion that I don't agree with, simple.

I shouldn't be the one to check google to validate your point. I don't agree with it in the first place, and you're now shifting the burden of proof to me. NONSENSE

If there was no need to validate one's point, then you would not have been seeing all the posts you've been reading here since morning. People would have simply been creating topics and referring you to google to research on them!
since you don't agree and you don't want to find out that make you a slowpoke so go and die
Re: Kenyan Doctors Separate Conjoined Twins: First In Africa by Hbuyosh(m): 3:44pm On Nov 03, 2016
STFUareyouGod:
Really? Tell me more please cuz I hardly read any good news from Kenya #nooffence
Then I am bound to wonder how old u really are. If u are as old as me, then how mature or well versed with the internet are u?

Maybe, I shld assume that this "blogging" trend or the so-called "citizen journalism" hasnt caught on in Nigeria yet as it has in Kenya, where many people have set up their own private "news sites" posting such ridiculous gossip stories, with many of the stories either fabricated or the incidents that really took place pepped up with some exaggerated details- with the intention to drive up the traffic ofcos.
That u should believe the stories in thos crack-brain newsites and that such websites should give u the impression that that is the nature of the Kenya society is quite appalling. U are surely smatter than that.

Now, consider this.......

A "citizen journalist" runs accross this incident, where a man and a woman at a drinking den squabble over some unpaid debt. Their argument turns physical, with the woman grabbing the man by his shirt collars. Fortunately, some bystanders intervene and talk the people out of violence, and the person on the wrong admits his/her mistake and agrees to pay the debt. The tussle ends as quickly as it begun......just like that.

This "citizen journalist" however, after managing to capture those moments where the man was grabbed by his collars via his cheap, Chinese phone, he posts the images to his whatsapp group page, with a lie that that is a married couple, the lady actually caught the man in the act with another woman, and now he is being humiliated in public.....something of the sort, to pep up the story.....u understand?
Eventually, the story gets picked up by this struggling blogger, who has no capacity to confirm the veracity of the story, just publishes it as it is on his website, and t sells.

Good news........why on earth shouldnt good news exist in Kenya? And do u think people in other places, including Kenya itself associate Nigeria with the "positive news"? Ofcoss not! The Kenyan media- even the mainstream ones mainly carry the"ludicrous", the "bad" and the "ugly" news from Nigeria. Why? because bad news sells better than good news. Good news is as good as no news at all.

Therefore, my sister STFUareyouGod, if u find it hard to believe that positive thibgs really happen in Kenya, try then visiting the Kenya conventional news outlets online and see for yourself. The Daily Nation is Kenya's leading daily Newspaper, see if it really carries much of such silly stories.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kenyan Doctors Separate Conjoined Twins: First In Africa by Almand: 3:52pm On Nov 03, 2016
aylagos:
if you want info look for it donnt beg for it GIYF
Alright stop making claim you can defend
Re: Kenyan Doctors Separate Conjoined Twins: First In Africa by aylagos(m): 4:01pm On Nov 03, 2016
Almand:

Alright stop making claim you can defend
you call it claim cos u know nothing and u are lazy and I can't school u for free if my claim is true or false choose one and live with it
Re: Kenyan Doctors Separate Conjoined Twins: First In Africa by Nobody: 4:03pm On Nov 03, 2016
amicable09:

Lol. Pele grin

You didnt get my post yeah
Re: Kenyan Doctors Separate Conjoined Twins: First In Africa by Almand: 4:07pm On Nov 03, 2016
aylagos:
you call it claim cos u know nothing and u are lazy and I can't school u for free if my claim is true or false choose one and live with it
Funny calling some one lazy when you are too lazy to back up your story.
Re: Kenyan Doctors Separate Conjoined Twins: First In Africa by aylagos(m): 4:11pm On Nov 03, 2016
Almand:

why do I have to back up fact I repeat you are too lazy if not GIYF
Re: Kenyan Doctors Separate Conjoined Twins: First In Africa by Almand: 4:17pm On Nov 03, 2016
aylagos:
why do I have to back up fact when you are well aware of my laziness. I repeat I am too too lazy
Re: Kenyan Doctors Separate Conjoined Twins: First In Africa by Nobody: 4:18pm On Nov 03, 2016
Hbuyosh:
Then I am bound to wonder how old u really are. If u are as old as me, then how mature or well versed with the internet are u?

Maybe, I shld assume that this "blogging" trend or the so-called "citizen journalism" hasnt caught on in Nigeria yet as it has in Kenya, where many people have set up their own private "news sites" posting such ridiculous gossip stories, with many of the stories either fabricated or the incidents that really took place pepped up with some exaggerated details- with the intention to drive up the traffic ofcos.
That u should believe the stories in thos crack-brain newsites and that such websites should give u the impression that that is the nature of the Kenya society is quite appalling. U are surely smatter than that.

Now, consider this.......

A "citizen journalist" runs accross this incident, where a man and a woman at a drinking den squabble over some unpaid debt. Their argument turns physical, with the woman grabbing the man by his shirt collars. Fortunately, some bystanders intervene and talk the people out of violence, and the person on the wrong admits his/her mistake and agrees to pay the debt. The tussle ends as quickly as it begun......just like that.

This "citizen journalist" however, after managing to capture those moments where the man was grabbed by his collars via his cheap, Chinese phone, he posts the images to his whatsapp group page, with a lie that that is a married couple, the lady actually caught the man in the act with another woman, and now he is being humiliated in public.....something of the sort, to pep up the story.....u understand?
Eventually, the story gets picked up by this struggling blogger, who has no capacity to confirm the veracity of the story, just publishes it as it is on his website, and t sells.

Good news........why on earth shouldnt good news exist in Kenya? And do u think people in other places, including Kenya itself associate Nigeria with the "positive news"? Ofcoss not! The Kenyan media- even the mainstream ones mainly carry the"ludicrous", the "bad" and the "ugly" news from Nigeria. Why? because bad news sells better than good news. Good news is as good as no news at all.

Therefore, my sister STFUarey.ouGod, if u find it hard to believe that positive thibgs really happen in Kenya, try then visiting the Kenya conventional news outlets online and see for yourself. The Daily Nation is Kenya's leading daily Newspaper, see if it really carries much of such silly stories.
Thanks sir
Re: Kenyan Doctors Separate Conjoined Twins: First In Africa by aylagos(m): 4:47pm On Nov 03, 2016
[quote author=Almand post=50737003][/quote] my wise friend once told me never wrestle with a pig. You'll both get dirty, but the pig will enjoy it.
Re: Kenyan Doctors Separate Conjoined Twins: First In Africa by aylagos(m): 4:49pm On Nov 03, 2016
Almand:

my wise friend once told me never wrestle with a pig. You'll both get dirty, but the pig will enjoy it.
Re: Kenyan Doctors Separate Conjoined Twins: First In Africa by 9ise(m): 4:53pm On Nov 03, 2016
amicable09:
Impressive!

Ben Carson will be proud to read this just as I am grin. Kenyan doctors have done Africa proud cheesy.

even President Obama 'l b proud to hear diz bout his fathers land
Re: Kenyan Doctors Separate Conjoined Twins: First In Africa by HonNze: 5:13pm On Nov 03, 2016
Check ur history very well, Prof. Festus Nwako was the first to seperate cojoin twins in Africa. Nairaland should stop misinforming people.
Re: Kenyan Doctors Separate Conjoined Twins: First In Africa by Almand: 5:58pm On Nov 03, 2016
aylagos:
my wise friend once told me never to be a pig. He the only thing I get from being a pig is dirt.,I enjoy being pig though
Accept my sympathy
Re: Kenyan Doctors Separate Conjoined Twins: First In Africa by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:17pm On Nov 03, 2016
Wow! Sir Chrisooblog?? Huh... What are you doing here? **looks around to see if anyone from the "other section" is coming** #relieved smiley

Well Sir, you know already naa... Nothing to hide grin

Thanks for the good wishes. smiley

And yes, I read about the Nigerian doc's feat. It really was amazing.... It reminds me of a similar feat Ben Carson again accomplished with a hydrocephalic baby while still in the womb of the mother. smiley

Nigerians and Africans in general have great potentials in Science and medicine but we gotta have the mindset of super excellence if we must one day rule the medical world.

Today, A Nigerian heads the American Neurological association. Isn't that great also?

But what pains me is the lack of or poor attitude to research among African scientists and medical scientists...... We need to be more inventive and forward thinking. It's a shame that only one African nation have been mentioned as regards the Nobel Prize in medicine or physiology...... South Africa. And even when you check who... You'll find he was still a "white" called Max theiler in 1951 or so for yellow fever. Max was no black... He was just one of those dutch-borns or european-borns living in South Africa as "south africans".

Black Africa need to step up and be counted. The feat in kenya is commendable but we can do so much. Let's not overcelebrate this coz we got boundless potentials. Believe me.. We do. smiley

chrisooblog:
our able doc! more incisiveness and sharpness to your scalpel bro.

good one Kenya.

really great stuff africans are doing. did you read about the nigerian doctor in america who performed surgery on a baby still in it's mother's womb? quite amazing

Re: Kenyan Doctors Separate Conjoined Twins: First In Africa by Nobody: 6:24pm On Nov 03, 2016
And nigeria is still behind with mediocrity and archaic inventions while kenya is moving forward.
Re: Kenyan Doctors Separate Conjoined Twins: First In Africa by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:33pm On Nov 03, 2016
Yes... May 2002. You're so right.... the case was of twins joined at the anus and lower spine..... A kind of Omphalopagus case but kinda different from the one achieved in Kenya just days back. smiley

The Banda boys as you know was 1997.

AnonyNymous:

You really are a nerd wink
Thumbs up
I believe there was also one done in oauthc in 2002

1 Like

Re: Kenyan Doctors Separate Conjoined Twins: First In Africa by Litmus: 6:36pm On Nov 03, 2016
Would be great if African, unfortunately many of Kenya's noteworthy developments have Asians and Arabs at the root.
Re: Kenyan Doctors Separate Conjoined Twins: First In Africa by amicable09(f): 7:54pm On Nov 03, 2016
9ise:

even President Obama 'l b proud to hear diz bout his fathers land
Lol. You bet! grin
Re: Kenyan Doctors Separate Conjoined Twins: First In Africa by MtuMsuper: 8:16pm On Nov 03, 2016
Litmus:
Would be great if African, unfortunately many of Kenya's noteworthy developments have Asians and Arabs at the root.
Another ignorant african who knows nothing better, even when presented with photographic proof : STFU

6 Likes

Re: Kenyan Doctors Separate Conjoined Twins: First In Africa by fmlala: 8:31pm On Nov 03, 2016
talktonase:
I am ashamed that it will be difficult to get a Nigerian hospital that can carry out such an operation... tongue

OAU ile life has done it in the past, check the link below

http://www.google.com.ng/url?q=http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16122113&sa=U&ved=0ahUKEwiMo771qI3QAhUB52MKHcwbBjEQFggTMAM&usg=AFQjCNHAJxcSX1G10iUAMTt0-YMpWAZ-Wg

2 Likes

Re: Kenyan Doctors Separate Conjoined Twins: First In Africa by Bifwoli: 8:36pm On Nov 03, 2016
Litmus:

I bet a $1m bucks that you wouldn't say the same about Eko Atlantic project in Lagos.

That project is the brainchild and effort of Asian brothers of Lebanese descent.

1 Like

Re: Kenyan Doctors Separate Conjoined Twins: First In Africa by Bifwoli: 8:45pm On Nov 03, 2016
MtuMsuper:

Another ignorant african who knows nothing better, even when presented with photographic proof : STFU

That commenter won't be as quick to tell the world how Lagos' biggest development ,the Eko Atalntic City, is the brainchild and money of Asians of Lebanese extraction.

The Chagoury Brothers are behind the biggest urban renewal of Lagos.

2 Likes

Re: Kenyan Doctors Separate Conjoined Twins: First In Africa by Cletus77(m): 9:44pm On Nov 03, 2016
ghettowriter:
Whao..This is truly ground breaking. I pray those Kids recover fully and strong.

One of the Best stories coming from Kenya as of recent. The environment of that surgery theatre looks well equipped. I wish this serves as an eye opener to our government officials, who would rather spend millions to travel overseas for medicals than coming together to built and equip our Hospitals with the necessary equipments.

Kudos to the Doctors& Nurses.
do research, Nigeria was the first to perform such surgery in Africa! We are still ahead!
Re: Kenyan Doctors Separate Conjoined Twins: First In Africa by Cletus77(m): 9:46pm On Nov 03, 2016
talktonase:
I am ashamed that it will be difficult to get a Nigerian hospital that can carry out such an operation... tongue
shut up! Go and research, Nigeria was the first in Africa to perform such surgery! The problem is lack of funds, else we would have bin doing more dan dat!!!
Re: Kenyan Doctors Separate Conjoined Twins: First In Africa by talktonase(m): 9:52pm On Nov 03, 2016
Cletus77:

shut up! Go and research, Nigeria was the first in Africa to perform such surgery! The problem is lack of funds, else we would have bin doing more dan dat!!!
Mr cletus abi CL1T0ris or whatever your name is. What part of your body are you using to ask me to shut up?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

That Roadside Drug Hawker Can Kill You / 8 Die At Pitcoin Christmas Palliative Sharing Centre In Rivers State / Pregnant Woman Dies In Kano Hospital Over Payment Alerts Delay

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.