Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,086 members, 7,887,147 topics. Date: Thursday, 11 July 2024 at 10:30 PM

NBA Season 2010/11 - Sports (91) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / NBA Season 2010/11 (81815 Views)

NBA Season 2011-2012 (First 2 Weeks Of Games Cancelled) / Who Do You Think Would Win 2010-2011 Nba Season Mvp / Nba Season '08/09 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) ... (101) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by r231(m): 11:41pm On May 08, 2011
WhatEVER. . . . will be bck nxt year

we are just tired or maybe ran out of gas thats all

its not like DAL gonna win the championship anyways

and CELTIC aint going nowhere either
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by chiogo(f): 11:42pm On May 08, 2011
^^^^^ We sha will not go out like your boys did.

cocky much? that's exactly what happens. 3peat in la-la land grin
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by r231(m): 11:45pm On May 08, 2011
nahhhh. . . . . Gasol had girl problem

and kobe cant do it alone cus there is no bench
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by ektbear: 11:49pm On May 08, 2011
lmao. didn't think it'd happen like this
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by chiogo(f): 11:49pm On May 08, 2011
r231:

nahhhh. . . . . Gasol had girl problem

and kobe cant do it alone cus there is no bench
Riiight. Excuses!  grin tongue
Nah I'm just messing with you. . .but them lakers needed an early vaca. ah ah 3 championships in a row? hell no!  tongue
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by r231(m): 11:57pm On May 08, 2011
i know but they should have won 1 now haba

not a damm sweep

big disgrace

even if they win the series they cant go past thunders anyways
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by JeSoul(f): 12:47am On May 09, 2011
The lakers problem getting swept was not talent or lack of bench, it was simply attitude, arrogance and lack of effort. I just saw that play of Bynum taking out Barea with an elbow . . . I've always disliked bynum n his immaturity. What a loser.  I hope he gets suspended for a few games next season. That was cheap and uncalled for, and has no place in the nba. Get lost jare. Hiss.
Add to that Artest clotheslining JJ, Odom taking down Dirk . . . the true colors of the lakers came out clearly. Outside of kobe, absolutely zero class. Anyways good riddance LA. We will not miss u grin.

r231,
  The same oklahoma that is struggling to beat #8 seed memphis?
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by rasputinn(m): 7:19am On May 09, 2011
Someone please tell me what happened to LA
Their frustration level grew so high they started committing unbelievable fouls

Well,my CELTS will come through against Miami
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by A40(m): 10:18am On May 09, 2011
Sweep toh bad! Lol can I dream can I dare to do so? Stojakovic is sumn else tho what a pickup!
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by JeSoul(f): 3:22pm On May 09, 2011
Here you go Lakers, the 2nd team in the 2011 playoffs to get swept:

But then again, your performance was so bad that you didn't get swept, you got vaccumed:

A-40:

Sweep toh bad! Lol can I dream can I dare to do so? Stojakovic is sumn else tho what a pickup!
Stojakovic was a monster back when he was with Sacramento during the Chris Webber, Vlade Divac, Bobby Jackson era. He stumbled past few yrs but seems to be clicking at the right time with Dallas. Good job to your boys men!
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by JeSoul(f): 4:40pm On May 09, 2011
http://chasing23.com/phil-jacksons-last-dance/
Congratulations to the 1991 Detroit Pistons!

You are officially off the hook.

Until now, you boasted the most disgraceful playoff exit by a defending champion when you prematurely walked off the floor and refused to shake hands with the opponent in the waning minutes of a 21 point whooping, dynasty ending, series sweep during Game 4 of the Eastern Conference Finals. However, thanks to the 2011 Los Angeles Lakers, you are no longer under the microscope. Those cheap shots by Andrew Bynum and Lamar Odom officially superseded any Pistons walkout ceremony and officially top the all time list of “NBA Classless Meltdown” moments.

Note to Future Defending Champions: If you are getting your backside kicked and are about to get swept, just leave the floor with some semblance of dignity and let Luke Walton take your place instead of switching to hockey in the middle of the 4th quarter.

It will be a very long and interesting summer. Lets hope the lockout ends sooner than later

Bynum's comments after the game:
"We were getting embarrassed, they were breaking us down. So I just fouled somebody," Bynum said after the game. "I was just kind of salty about being embarrassed. ,  For me, it was embarrassing to have the smallest guy on the court keep running down the lane and making shots."
What an arrogant, overfed, overrated dunce *hiss* instead of you to show a little class by being remorseful and apologizing for your childish tantrum, you open your mouth and confirm there's only air btw your ears. Because your 7 foot ego was getting embarrased by a small boy, its okay to attempt murder? That kind of foul could have ended Barea's career. Bynum was suspended ealier in the season when he did this and sent Michael Beasley to the hospital. I can't stand dirty players like these . . . Kobe and Fisher should please slap some hard sense into him.
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by follypimpi(m): 4:41pm On May 09, 2011
chiogo:

LMFAO!!! Where is that boy that said they'd make history? They made history alright! 3peat my foot grin
Chai this is too funny!!! What a way for Phil to retire! embarassed cheesy

Watever is just one of those things. See u laughing wait till i catch u @ heathrow.
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by jaybee3(m): 4:44pm On May 09, 2011
Mavs finally retires da great Phil.
Sad way to leave the game though.
Seriously shaking me head at the laker thugs
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by A40(m): 7:15pm On May 09, 2011
I absolutely luv it! Being down 0-2 all the LAL fans were confident they’d win in 6, then they were 0-3 n the LAL fans thought they’d make history and win the next 4…. unfortunately for you LAL fans no team in the history of the NBA has come back from being down 0-4  but All of them have come back from fishing

Comments from a fan

Its ridiculous how the Mavs bench have outplayed the Lakers bench 189-89 plus their 3pt shooting was galactic! 20-32 with JET scoring 9-10 i doubt any team woulda been able to beat the Mavs last night! With three shooters on the court its sheer suicide to even try and  double team Dirk. Thankfully these vets can get some much needed rest against either of those youngins in Memphis and Oklahoma lets hope Los Mavs can take it all the way cos i dont see too many more championship runs in this Mavs team

Make una sofry dey yab these Lakers team ooh remember they did a repeat and are still a great team! Classless maybe but still great

I wonder when Bosh would make himself useful for the Heat they must be thanking their stars they dont need to rely on him for anything

Bigups to D.Rose for the MVP award too it was well and truly deserved obviously Bawo saw something that we didnt in that kid. I do hope my Mavs and his Bulls face off in the Finals and we beat em grin grin R.I.P kid
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by JeSoul(f): 8:03pm On May 09, 2011
A-40:
Make una sofry dey yab these Lakers team ooh remember they did a repeat and are still a great team! Classless maybe but still great
  Abeg stop being modest jor grin revel in your total victory  grin

Its not so much that the lakers got embarrasingly swept - but the show of disgrace and arrogance from the tandem of Bynum, Odom and Artest that is drawing ire from nba fans. I normally sheath my yabs, but it is fully deserved in this instance. I do commend Kobe's comments/handling of the whole thing though, very mature and well done, fitting for an ambassador of the league, unlike some idiotas with nuthin but marshmallows for brains. I just can't stand dirty players, its such a stain on the game.
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by maverick2(m): 10:05pm On May 09, 2011
JeSoul:

The lakers problem getting swept was not talent or lack of bench, it was simply attitude, arrogance and lack of effort. I just saw that play of Bynum taking out Barea with an elbow . . . I've always disliked bynum n his immaturity. What a loser.  I hope he gets suspended for a few games next season. That was cheap and uncalled for, and has no place in the nba. Get lost jare. Hiss.
Add to that Artest clotheslining JJ, Odom taking down Dirk . . . the true colors of the lakers came out clearly. Outside of kobe, absolutely zero class. Anyways good riddance LA. We will not miss u grin.

r231,
  The same oklahoma that is struggling to beat #8 seed memphis?

The lakers got beat good, total annihilation.We know they're good enough to win it's just that, that game they didn't bring any game. 86-122 that's just terrible. undecided undecided
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by eadisa: 10:12pm On May 09, 2011
Shame what happened to the Lakers yesterday, I guess Lebron finally has a chance to win a title considering how Dallas choked the last time they got to a final, nut for once proud of my ATL Hawks. got some good news for football fans check out these sites

arsenal fans: www.arsenalfanpage.com > chelsea fans: www.chelseafcfanpage.com > man utd fans: www.mufcfanpage.com , log on and your create user account. let's hear your voices
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by eadisa: 10:25pm On May 09, 2011
amazing stuff

Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by ektbear: 2:56am On May 10, 2011
bye bye Boston grin
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by OgidiBoy(m): 2:58am On May 10, 2011
BOSTON!!! na na na na hey hey hey goodbye tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue

[size=18pt]** Ogidiboy doing the happy dance***[/size]
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by JeSoul(f): 3:05am On May 10, 2011
Haters be gone jare lol. men see these old Celtics, trying to join LA fishing. I watched only the last few mins, enough to see the offense is so stagnant. its hard not to imagine Miami will close out at home on Wednesday sad unless a collapse is in their future. Oya Celtics fans in the house its time to contact ur local juju practitioners cos the situation don serious oh cheesy grin
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by chiogo(f): 6:06am On May 10, 2011
Chaiii celtics ooooo. Wasted important time from studying for finals to watch that OT. angry
Anyway, I knew this isn't their year. . . or the lakers'. Guess other teams should be allowed this time to fight for the championships. . .whoever wins is still not close to 17. Damn lakers woulda caught up but Thank God! grin

I really don't want the heat to win, grew a dislike for LeBron and Wade this past season and Bosh is just ugly. tongue "The real big three" my foot!

Abeg any other team but them could win the championship.
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by dayokanu(m): 7:10am On May 10, 2011
Any team but the heat.
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by dayokanu(m): 7:11am On May 10, 2011
That was a great game from the Thunders and Grizzlies, Nice comeback from the Thunder. Durant and Westbrook doing it again
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by JeSoul(f): 2:36pm On May 10, 2011
chiogo:

Chaiii celtics ooooo. Wasted important time from studying for finals to watch that OT. angry
Anyway, I knew this isn't their year. . . or the lakers'. Guess other teams should be allowed this time to fight for the championships. . .whoever wins is still not close to 17. Damn lakers woulda caught up but Thank God! grin
  Lol. Correct talk jare. As a Celtic fan I hate to see us lose, but as a basketball fan it'll be nice to see someone other than the typical lakers, Boston, SA win a championship.

I really don't want the heat to win, grew a dislike for LeBron and Wade this past season and Bosh is just ugly. tongue "The real big three" my foot!
Abeg any other team but them could win the championship.
dayokanu:

Any team but the heat.
Lol. Why now? I wouldn't mind seeing the Heat win it all because LeBron deserves a ring - too bad wade and bosh will also benefit. LeBron is a good guy, he's played it straight his whole career and never gets into any trouble, he's been a model nba citizen and should get his due.
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by A40(m): 3:06am On May 11, 2011
The Heat just seem to want that series more! Perhaps they are finally getting tired of being slapped around by the good teams. That swag that veteran savvy everything seems to be all but gone from the Celts. Lets see if they can muster a balls-busting effort in Game 5

As for the Thunder and the Grizzlies i just hope that series ends in 7 with quadruple overtime while my veteran Mavs get their much needed rest

Seems like the Bulls and the Hawks are having a slugfest

Some comic relief

Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by rasputinn(m): 8:24am On May 11, 2011
A-40:

The Heat just seem to want that series more! Perhaps they are finally getting tired of being slapped around by the good teams. That swag that veteran savvy everything seems to be all but gone from the Celts. Lets see if they can muster a balls-busting effort in Game 5

That's one huge mountain,but I hope they can
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by OgidiBoy(m): 2:49am On May 12, 2011
First it was the spurs, cry

Then the Lakers cry

Now the Celtics shocked shocked shocked

The ratings for the finals will suck big time this year ?
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by dayokanu(m): 5:30am On May 12, 2011
Oklahoma wins game 5, I am loving these Oklahoma boys
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by rasputinn(m): 1:51pm On May 12, 2011
LeBron is about to get his ring
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by JeSoul(f): 4:32pm On May 12, 2011
This place is dry self . . . no Celtic jokes or mocking? angry grin This is where Bawo would've shined cry smiley We miss you bro.

I'm proud of the effort my celtics put up, LeBron's desire unfortunately trumped anything the men in green could come up with. Plus this should silence some of Lebron's 'unable to finish games' criticisms. Happy Summer Celtics! lol

OgidiBoy:

First it was the spurs, cry

Then the Lakers cry

Now the Celtics shocked shocked shocked

The ratings for the finals will suck big time this year ?
Actually I think this is good for the league and ratings to see other smaller market teams going higher up in the playoffs. Honestly its kind of boring and predictable to see LA, Bos, SA there year and year. This adds a ton of spice and intrigue to the remainder of the playoffs.
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by r231(m): 4:50pm On May 12, 2011
^^^^^your celtics got droped like a bad habit grin cheesy grin lol

(1) (2) (3) ... (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) ... (101) (Reply)

How Taye Taiwo Spends His Money (Photos) / Cristiano Ronaldo Look-alike, Biwar Abdullah Gets Treated Like A Star (photos) / Senegalese Players Arrive Russia In Native Attires For World Cup (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.