Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,107 members, 7,887,228 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 02:29 AM

NBA Season 2010/11 - Sports (95) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / NBA Season 2010/11 (81821 Views)

NBA Season 2011-2012 (First 2 Weeks Of Games Cancelled) / Who Do You Think Would Win 2010-2011 Nba Season Mvp / Nba Season '08/09 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) ... (101) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by chic2pimp(m): 3:18pm On May 27, 2011
A-40:

@Chic2pimp
Talent Alone is not enuff. Shaq was drafted in 92 linked with Bryant in 96 but they didn't win squat till Phil came in 99 and they where champs dat season

M.J drafted in 84 they got beat senseless by the Bad Boy Pistons till Phil came in 1990 and in 91 the 3peat began

Phil Jackson is the best ever coach
Yes Talent is not enough I am not disputing that. But if you think Phil will be as revered as he currently is without all those talented players he had at his disposal then you are deceiving yourself, . . . . . In chicago he worked with two of the top three players of the Nineties. . . . . . Also in Lala Land he worked with two of the top three payers of the early noughties. Did you really expect him to fail?. . . . . . Also isn't it funny that he won nowt during M.J's brief retirement from the NBA?

Calling him the greatest of all time is subjective however he is certainly one of the greatest of all time.
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by chic2pimp(m): 3:37pm On May 27, 2011
JeSoul:

He is overrated jor. In the sense that he is made out to be this incredible master when all he has had are only like the greatest players to play the game in this era. He is a great coach, no doubt. But to me, he is not this great master ppl claim. Replace him with someone like Greg Popovich, do you think he could not have also won 10rings coaching Jordan n co?

Abeg put Phil Jackson on the Detroit Pistons or the Golden State Warriors or the Toronto Rapitoros and let us see how great he really is. grin You all will be singing a different song. Until then, I cannot give someone credit for passing an exam he already had all the answers to. Ahn ahn, how can you praise me for winning a race when I have had the biggest advantage every single time? Zen master ko . . . abegi jor make pesin hia word grin
Abeg he is not overrated jare. Whilst I agree with you that even my 3 year old nephew woulda won at least three rings with players he has had at his disposal I have to admit that he did get the best out of those players. Abeg 11 rings no easy to win ooo. Would Popovich have won em'? I have no doubts that he would have. However Gregg like Phil is in top bracket of coaches. I challenge you find any other coach currently in the NBA that woulda done the same even with those great players.

Oya complete that statement, Zen Master ko, . . . . . . grin grin grin grin grin
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by chiogo(f): 4:32pm On May 27, 2011
A-40:

How do these guys do it? How do they snatch defeat from the jaws of victory? Who blows a 12 pt lead in the final 3 minutes of an elimination game

Props to Lebron tho he made it happen

Now to the finals Heat vs Mavericks time for redemption Los Mavs
Na young age dey worry them. They were worn out, the bulls were just not ready. My bro called it "hospice care" he wanted them to stop dragging the series and move on to the finals. It was getting boring too but those ppl celebrating on their court just plain hurts. They coulda snagged a win and then lost in miami cuz they sure weren't going to win 3 straight. Poor Rose.

I have this ugly feeling that '06 would repeat itself but I'm seriously hoping against it. But then like someone said, the NBA is like every other industry, in this case, the refs run things.
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by A40(m): 6:13pm On May 27, 2011
chic2pimp:

Yes Talent is not enough I am not disputing that. But if you think Phil will be as revered as he currently is without all those talented players he had at his disposal then you are deceiving yourself, . . . . . In chicago he worked with two of the top three players of the Nineties. . . . . . Also in Lala Land he worked with two of the top three payers of the early noughties. Did you really expect him to fail?. . . . . . Also isn't it funny that he won nowt during M.J's brief retirement from the NBA?

Calling him the greatest of all time is subjective however he is certainly one of the greatest of all time.
M.J,Kobe and Shaq combined have won only 1 ring outside Phil Jackson's tutelage so if you think players that spent a combined total of 23 years (including) Pippen in the league without a trophy to their name before Jackson came along woulda been as revered as they are now without his coaching then u my friend are deceiving urself

@Chiogo
The Bulls inferior offense let em down! They where equally matched defensively but when it came down to a shoot-out Chi couldn't cope and that's the con in having an ultra defensive coach. Lebron on Rose created a mismatch which coulda been explored
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by JeSoul(f): 7:35pm On May 27, 2011
A-40:

Aww Jesoul can't hide her bad belle cos Big Phil has led the Lakers to within 1 ring of yall
The question is where Kobe Shaq and MJ win before they came under the tutelage of Jackson abi do u think they would be so revered without rings? It takes more than just talent to win 3 threepeats and a double abi if e easy why Doc Rivers no do am with una big 3? The koko of the matter is they won nada till he came and I bet no other coach woulda been that successful managing those players and their ego tripping

As for him going to coach the Warriors or Pistons well they didn't hire him Abi na him go employ himself? Why you no ask am make he go coach Dodan Warriors? The Lakers and Bulls hired him! He didn't force himself on em neither did he demand for them players! Shuo if ESPN call for u would u dump em 4 Brila FM abi u go quit Daimler-Chrysler go work 4 Nigeria Railway Corporation
Go siddon jor  grin Chicboy has even answered you for me lol . . . I'm not saying he should reject a good team for a bad one. But simply pointing out he would most certainly not have 11rings if he were coaching Bobcats or Raptors - he is a good coach who got blessed with legendary players. Add the two together and you have what we have. Capish.

chic2pimp:

Gbam left right and center. Finito. Na wetin I dey argue be that though I've added some suga and spice of my own  grin

Agreed 100%.

chic2pimp:

Abeg he is not overrated jare. Whilst I agree with you that even my 3 year old nephew woulda won at least three rings with players he has had at his disposal I have to admit that he did get the best out of those players. Abeg 11 rings no easy to win ooo. Would Popovich have won em'? I have no doubts that he would have. However Gregg like Phil is in top bracket of coaches. I challenge you find any other coach currently in the NBA that woulda done the same even with those great players.
I don't disagree with you jare. Maybe overrated is a loaded word . . . let us settle for over-praised  grin Me sef can win at least 7 rings coaching MJ and Shaq  cool

Oya complete that statement, Zen Master ko, . . . . . . grin grin grin grin grin
lol . . . Chicken Master ni  grin

My argument is not even novel or alone . . . see how many articles pop up on google on the subject.
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by JeSoul(f): 7:39pm On May 27, 2011
Happy Weekend to All of you my friends jare. Bring your A-games for the finals starts Tuesday.

A-40 and Dayo you berra be doing weekend vigil and prayer meetings grin cos Miami is looking like they have been possessed.
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by A40(m): 11:43pm On May 27, 2011
@Jesoul
You are a Celtic fan which means when it comes to the Bulls and especially the Lakers expecting u to be objective is like expecting Gadaffi to snatch Michelle From Barack u have not told me why M.J,Shaq and Kobe didn't win anything before he came to coach them abi the other teams he conquered didn't have great players Abi? As for the article on webspace what does it matter it was probably written by ya acolytes Maybe a buncha Celts
Chic2pimp is on The fence and doesn't know what to think! He is the greatest no he is one of the greatest. My nephew will win titles with those players No other coach can match his success with those players all in 1 post! Make up ur mind gee!
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by Nobody: 4:14am On May 28, 2011
So sad D Rose, good job tho. Now the heat is on between the 2 hated teams. I like Wade, hate Lebron to d bone. I have no passion for Dallas not after violating my very own LAL lol. I'm from the West supporting Dallas won't be a bad idea but. . . . . So I'm right in middle lol until I make my decision Ima have to stand on LTBTW (let the best team win) sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by semid4lyfe(m): 8:07am On May 31, 2011
So na Dallas Mavericks vs Miami Heats for the finals?

My money is on Dallas Mavericks. . . . .
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by A40(m): 4:53pm On May 31, 2011
Time for Redemption

Repeat vs Revenge

Its on!!
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by JeSoul(f): 5:07pm On May 31, 2011
A-40:

@Jesoul
You are a Celtic fan which means when it comes to the Bulls and especially the Lakers expecting u to be objective is like expecting Gadaffi to snatch Michelle From Barack
Haha!  grin you have forgotten that I am married to a Lakers fan grin even he self agrees more than me that Jackson is over___.

u have not told me why M.J,Shaq and Kobe didn't win anything before he came to coach them abi the other teams he conquered didn't have great players Abi? As for the article on webspace what does it matter it was probably written by ya acolytes Maybe a buncha Celts
Chic2pimp is on The fence and doesn't know what to think! He is the greatest no he is one of the greatest. My nephew will win titles with those players No other coach can match his success with those players all in 1 post! Make up your mind gee!
Oh common, they were well on their way to championships - with or without Jackson. How many legends won rings in their first five yrs in the league? it takes time to develop. Abeg leave Chic alone jor  grin the boy is talking correct.

On to the finals! May the best team win! and I'm with Chiogo, looks like we shall for the first time ever root for a western conf team.
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by A40(m): 6:17pm On May 31, 2011
No be only way na wey-Rey! How do u mean on their way to a championship when they where pounded constantly by the Celtics, Pistons, Jazz and Spurs not once did they make the NBA Finals. I think people under estimate the importance of coaches or do you know how difficult it is to retain focus after winning a title ask urself why only Phil Jackson led teams have retained their titles in over 2 decades! This he has done on at least 4 occasions
As for ur husband after u don bribe am with bottom power him get no choice but to over-agree
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by doyin13(m): 8:25pm On May 31, 2011
The Finals confuse una sotay una turn am to vote of confidence on Philo Jacko. grin

No worries, Doyindamus is here, now where is my crystal b. . . crysta . . . ohhhhh. . . .where this thing dey na.

Y i dey do okpolosa stunts sef. . . .I no need no crystal ball.

THERE IS NO WAY ANY TEAM IN THE LEAGUE AS CONSTITUTED AT PRESENT CAN BEAT THE HEAT IN A SEVEN GAME SERIES. FIAM
cool cool cool cool cool cool
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by dayokanu(m): 4:30am On Jun 01, 2011
Not looking good at all trailing 4 points with 3:58 left.
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by dayokanu(m): 4:51am On Jun 01, 2011
OK lost game 1 to the Cryami Heats

I hate LeBron more than ever now
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by A40(m): 4:58am On Jun 01, 2011
Game 1 gone! Third Quarter was where Los Mavericks blew it after starting so well! 10pts in ten minutes aint good enuff. Hopefully the offence picks up in Game 2
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by chiogo(f): 6:00am On Jun 01, 2011
Dirk NoRingski is even trending on twitter. smh
Didn't watch the game but the mavs need to buckle up. . the cryami heat are going all out and it won't be good. sad
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by A40(m): 12:57pm On Jun 01, 2011
Losing Game one on the road is not a disaster though the Heat where there for the taking its if the Mavericks fail
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by JeSoul(f): 4:17pm On Jun 01, 2011
A-40:

No be only way na wey-Rey! How do u mean on their way to a championship when they where pounded constantly by the Celtics, Pistons, Jazz and Spurs not once did they make the NBA Finals. I think people under estimate the importance of coaches or do you know how difficult it is to retain focus after winning a title ask urself why only Phil Jackson led teams have retained their titles in over 2 decades! This he has done on at least 4 occasions
As for your husband after u don bribe am with bottom power him get no choice but to over-agree
Haha this boy you're not well at all at all grin lol. Make we forget old story jor and concentrate on ur mavs . . .

wetin happen now? I fell asleep end of 3Q and thought you guys were on ur way to a game 1 victory. I told you and Dayo to fast & pray over the weekend, una no hear me. And I hear Dirk has an injured finger . . . hmm, not sounding good.

doyin13:

The Finals confuse una sotay una turn am to vote of confidence on Philo Jacko. grin

No worries, Doyindamus is here, now where is my crystal b. . . crysta . . . ohhhhh. . . .where this thing dey na.

Y i dey do okpolosa stunts sef. . . .I no need no crystal ball.

THERE IS NO WAY ANY TEAM IN THE LEAGUE AS CONSTITUTED AT PRESENT CAN BEAT THE HEAT IN A SEVEN GAME SERIES. FIAM
cool cool cool cool cool cool

Well look who crawled out of the woodwork . . . lol. Oga long time. How body now? still causing trouble all over the place abi? smiley
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by semid4lyfe(m): 11:30pm On Jun 02, 2011
Video highlight of game one please?
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by A40(m): 3:39am On Jun 03, 2011
Nna Dwyane dey kill me for here oh! Its 06 all over again
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by dayokanu(m): 3:44am On Jun 03, 2011
Wassup with all these turnovers self
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by JeSoul(f): 4:50am On Jun 03, 2011
WOW!!!! Did Dallas just win that game? My goodness what a comeback. My hubby said to me with 5mins left 'watch, Dallas is going to make a run' and i replied 'nah, this game is over. Be like say the guy is psychic. Wow congrats Dallas fans on an incredible win.  And btw, if it werent for all those turnovers Mavs shoulda had control of the game. Series moves to Dallas and they have all the momentum.
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by dayokanu(m): 4:57am On Jun 03, 2011
We fuckin---------gggggggggggggg wonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by jaybee3(m): 4:59am On Jun 03, 2011
warragame
Dirk clutching, balling, warreva u wanna call it mehn
Gonna be an interesting series
Too close to call
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by OgidiBoy(m): 5:01am On Jun 03, 2011
I can't believe it, I thought the Mavs were going to loss and I changed the channel. I'm so freaking ashamed of myself for not being a believer.

Na2day if you still around pls I need tickets to the game at AAC on Sunday.
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by dayokanu(m): 5:03am On Jun 03, 2011
Ogidi Are you in Dallas? Maybe I would go watch one of these games

I actually lost hope trailing 15 points with 6mins left
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by OgidiBoy(m): 5:07am On Jun 03, 2011
^^^ not right now, I'm in SLC on my intern job, but I'll be home on the weekend. What a game, I'm so glad ESPN will be showing it again tonight. I gave up in mid 4th quarter WOW!!
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by dayokanu(m): 5:14am On Jun 03, 2011
I gave up to I wont even lie, My friend told me to keep hope alive and retorted that this aint Oklahoma
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by annita19(f): 5:16am On Jun 03, 2011
Unbelievable performance by Dallas Mavericks. . Heat all the way
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by chiogo(f): 5:19am On Jun 03, 2011
Great win, dallas. Unexpected too. Now they can take control at home.  cool

So, I gotta say Dirk is the backbone of that team, yup.
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by annita19(f): 5:58am On Jun 03, 2011
So do you think there is even 60% possibility of them winning game 3 and 4? I don't think so. The game is heading to game 5 or even 6

(1) (2) (3) ... (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) ... (101) (Reply)

How Taye Taiwo Spends His Money (Photos) / Cristiano Ronaldo Look-alike, Biwar Abdullah Gets Treated Like A Star (photos) / Senegalese Players Arrive Russia In Native Attires For World Cup (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.