Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,110 members, 7,916,234 topics. Date: Friday, 09 August 2024 at 06:34 PM

2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) - Education (199) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) (637246 Views)

2018 PTDF UK Scholarship: Check If You Have Been Shortlisted / 2018 PTDF Scholarship China/France/Germany: Shortlisted Applicants / 2017/2018 Ptdf Scholarship- Check If You Have Been Shortlisted (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) ... (214) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by step1: 9:27pm On Nov 21, 2017
StanUc:

I appreciate your immense kindness

If you can't see my PM, send me a mail via stanleyuc.opara@gmail.com I'll reply you

Thanks

Ok got it
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by Nobody: 7:43pm On Nov 22, 2017
step1:

Ok got it

Bro how can I contact you, I need to talk with you on a totally different issue.
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by engrpaulsnow: 4:02pm On Nov 24, 2017
What on earth is keeping PhD split site list from being released? ���....I can only hope we are not forgotten by ptdf.... It's all well... Cheers.

2 Likes

Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by eddieo(m): 4:20pm On Nov 24, 2017
engrpaulsnow:
What on earth is keeping PhD split site list from being released? ���....I can only hope we are not forgotten by ptdf.... It's all well... Cheers.
keep up the faith! All the best..
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by geolife: 7:31am On Nov 27, 2017
salahudeentope:
Seriously I feel everybody criticizing the whatsapp group creation is biased. Think about the multitude of information we needed to share, think about convenience, imagine yourself about to go to a visa interview and you needed an important info yet you had just 2 mins to get it, which would you prefer a whatsapp group or NL?

That is just a glimpse of the several issues we had to combat. We were pressed hard against time. We had to many things to do with so little time. Literarily every second mattered.

Also the volume of info, if we were to share them here, I'm sure you all will be the ones suggesting we go get privacy, that we are disturbing you too much.

I just got the time to go on web now since then. Finally I'm settled in now.

For those looking to apply next year, I wish you resounding success.

For those that will still criticize, I'm sorry but like you are trying to do (get what pleases you), we made the decision we think is easiest and best for us (the whatsapp group) so it has nothing to do with keeping legal information away from anyone.

Written from London
Imperial College

@salaudeen,i just sent u a pm,pls reply.thanks
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by jossy404: 12:11pm On Nov 30, 2017
Any update regarding LSS induction?
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by Oilperson(m): 8:34am On Dec 01, 2017
engrpaulsnow:

Did you apply as an Oss or Lss Or you made a direct Split site application
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by step1: 10:25pm On Dec 01, 2017
jossy404:
Any update regarding LSS induction?

Hopefully before the year runs out
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by Speaker051: 8:26pm On Dec 02, 2017

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by Nobody: 11:03pm On Dec 02, 2017
As a matter of fact, most of the LSS scholars had already secured admission even before the release of the list of successful applicants(being one of the conditions for eligibility ab initio). It is however so shameful that the OSS scholars whose admission status can only become authentic upon being awarded the scholarship, have already been attended to.

I feel there is an ulterior motive behind the delay of the LSS induction. The tarry is hypothetically to victimise LSS scholars who got admission even before the scholarship opening(if you dig the pension scheme manipulation in Nigeria).

Currently, PTDF isn't even reckoning that some LSS scholars who secured admission sequel to the release of the list of successful applicants, have already been forfeited due to lack of fund for acceptance of admission.

This is stenchful negligence, a disgrace!

6 Likes

Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by step1: 9:40pm On Dec 03, 2017
It is quite shameful
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by marttynz007: 1:12pm On Dec 04, 2017
Okay guys, am an LSS Phd scholar, just saw the list last nite. Was thinking we will be notified, anyways, am thinking of changing my program from one university to another, don't know if that will be possible at the induction. Please advice.
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by Ronicsuzzy(f): 1:45pm On Dec 04, 2017
Enlightenment Scholarships - University of Edinburgh, UK offers up to 30 Enlightenment Scholarships for students starting their PhD research at the University in the 2018-2019 academic session.

In order to attract the best and brightest PhD students, the University seeks to offer not only unparalleled research facilities and supervision, but also to provide development opportunities which will support our research students as they progress beyond their PhD, through an innovative programme which will include career-development activity and possibly some paid employment.

This exciting scholarship scheme provides a valuable opportunity for postgraduate research students to undertake a package of training and development which will help them to develop the necessary skills required to meet their career choices and offer them a breadth of development opportunities.

There are two career development tracks for scholars to choose from:
Worth of Award

Each Enlightenment Scholarship will cover full tuition fees, a living cost award, equivalent to the current UK research council rates and subject to satisfactory progress the scholarship are awarded for up to 4 years for full-time PhD study, pro-rata for part-time study.

FOR MORE SCHOLARSHIP OPPORTUNITIES VISIT https://www.scholarsarena.net

Eligibility

The awards are open to UK, EU and overseas students applying to an eligible PhD programme commencing their research degree in the between August 2018 and December 2018 of the 2018-2019 academic session.
Eligible participating Schools and criteria:

School of Biological Sciences: Full-time or part time study on the following eligible programmes will be considered:

PhD Cell and Molecular Biology (Cell Biology)
PhD Cell and Molecular Biology (Plant Sciences)
PhD Evolutionary Biology, Immunology and Infection Research (Evolutionary Biology)
PhD Evolutionary Biology, Immunology and Infection Research (Immunology and Infection Research)
PhD Quantitative Biology, Biochemistry and Biotechnology
PhD Stem Cell Research

School of Geosciences: Full-time study only on the teaching developmental track will be considered on the following eligible programme:
PhD Geology and Geophysics
School of Informatics: The full-time study only within the following programmes with be considered:

PhD Informatics: ANC: Machine Learning, Computational Neuroscience, Computational Biology

PhD Informatics: ICSA: Comp. Architecture, Compilation & System Software, Networks & Communication
PhD Informatics: LFCS: Foundations of Computer Science, Databases, Software & Systems Modelling
PhD Informatics: CISA: Automated Reasoning, Agents, Data-Intensive Research, Knowledge Management
PhD Informatics: IPAB: Robotics, Computer Vision, Computer Graphics and Animation
PhD Informatics: ILCC: Language Processing, Speech Technology, Information Retrieval, Cognition

School of Mathematics: Full-time or part time study on the teaching developmental track will be considered on the following eligible programme:

PhD Mathematics Education (programme information will be available online shortly)

Royal (Dick) School of Veterinary Studies : Full-time or part time study on the following eligible programmes will be considered:

PhD Clinical Veterinary Sciences
PhD Developmental Biology
PhD Genetics and Genomics
PhD Infection and Immunity

How to Apply

For both tracks, student selection and admission processes will include appraisal of a personal statement and the applicant’s suitability for their proposed career development routes.
Eligible applicants should complete an online scholarship application

Deadline: Applications close on 1st February 2018.

2 Likes

Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by inspirational93: 2:59pm On Dec 04, 2017
click this link to download free educational course materials on any topic
http://viwright.com/4as2
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by mercyp001(f): 11:54pm On Dec 04, 2017
DMainMan:
2017/2018 PTDF PHD And MSC Overseas And Local Scholarship

The Petroleum Technology Development Fund (PTDF) is a parastatal of the Ministry of Petroleum Resources established by Decree 25 of 1973 for the purpose of developing and promoting petroleum technology and for creating the manpower needs of the oil and gas industry through research and training of Nigerians.

To ensure a steadfast implementation of this mandate, PTDF is inviting applications from suitably qualified candidates for Overseas and in-Country MSc and PhD Scholarships. Awarded
will be granted for studies in the 2016/2017 academic session in the United Kingdom Germany, Australia, USA and France (Grenoble INP) as well as PTDF upgraded Universities in Nigeria.

READ THE ATTACHED ON THE REQUIREMENTS AND HOW TO APPLY
Sir,pls do you have idea of when 2018/2019 application will be out?
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by DMainMan: 8:32am On Dec 06, 2017
mercyp001:
Sir,pls do you have idea of when 2018/2019 application will be out?
no idea
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by mercyp001(f): 10:56am On Dec 06, 2017
DMainMan:
no idea
Ok sir. Thanks. Pls update us here anytime you have idea. Thanks sir.
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by DMainMan: 12:13pm On Dec 06, 2017
mercyp001:
Ok sir. Thanks. Pls update us here anytime you have idea. Thanks sir.
Don't mention. I will. For other scholarship opportunities:
message me via my facebook page :
http://facebook.com/dmainmanfoundation
or e-mail me: info@dmainmanconsult.com
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by gawk: 10:05am On Dec 14, 2017
hello house, due to the delay in inviting to LSS awardee for induction and documentation, as i am in need of the award letter to secure admission, i contacted a staff of the body and he told me i can come over to Abuja to get it, I hope the staff is sure of his directive because i live in Lagos and traveling to Abuja is money and stressful if all is in vain, please any advice?
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by Hardeysoye: 11:44am On Dec 14, 2017
DMainMan:

Don't mention. I will. For other scholarship opportunities:

message me via my facebook page :

http://facebook.com/dmainmanfoundation

or e-mail me: info@dmainmanconsult.com
Pls Sir can u help with list of UK universities dt don't require toefl or gre?
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by owora1(m): 4:51pm On Dec 14, 2017
gawk:
hello house, due to the delay in inviting to LSS awardee for induction and documentation, as i am in need of the award letter to secure admission, i contacted a staff of the body and he told me i can come over to Abuja to get it, I hope the staff is sure of his directive because i live in Lagos and traveling to Abuja is money and stressful if all is in vain, please any advice?
Yesterday PTDF tweeted a script that was written them by an LSS Scholar in regards to the challenges facing LSS scholars and the irresponsibilty of PTDF management. PTDF acknowledge the script.
...and there-in was a reply to a comment that sms and email messages will be sent to awardees for documention. I however, do not know if you can obtain Award Letter without documentation.
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by Nobody: 5:21pm On Dec 14, 2017
gawk:

How reliable is the information, that's the question.
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by Stonecoldsteve: 11:10am On Dec 16, 2017
PTDF looking indecisive as regards the split site programme and the LSS induction!
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by jossy404: 7:45pm On Dec 21, 2017
Any latest info on this award?
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by salahudeentope: 9:49am On Dec 24, 2017
geolife:

@salaudeen,i just sent u a pm,pls reply.thanks
Hello bro, I am just getting this, I hope I have replied you already sir?
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by keduduka1234: 9:57am On Dec 28, 2017
Good morning..
Compliments of the season ooo

Please has anyone been able to apply for the PTDF PhD scholarship scheme.
I have been trying to apply, but the site has not been opening...
Also, which account to I pay the registration fee to?

Thank you
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by jossy404: 1:38pm On Dec 28, 2017
Hello house..... Any latest news concerning the LSS induction?
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by ggoldmine(f): 12:43pm On Dec 31, 2017
[quote author=
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by ggoldmine(f): 12:53pm On Dec 31, 2017
[quote author=
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by Sambest2(m): 2:09pm On Dec 31, 2017
ggoldmine:

Hello. pls, could you send me the ptdf scholarship past questions? I'd like to have a look. Thanks a lot. g.goldmine@yahoo. com

I don't have it anymore, moreover it may not be useful too. If you are diligent to study the thread and read up comments after the test day, you will get useful tips.

You should also note that PTDF is at will to change consultants and thus test format is not static.

1 Like

Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by jossy404: 5:54pm On Dec 31, 2017
Any news about the LSS induction or that has enter voicemail.....
Re: 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) by inspirational93: 11:43pm On Dec 31, 2017
click this link to download free PDF document files and any related courses on any topic
http://viwright.com/4as2

(1) (2) (3) ... (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) ... (214) (Reply)

2016/2017 Uniben Admission Thread Guide. / Nigerian Defence Academy Admission Processes..........68-76RC / University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.