Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,729 members, 7,908,859 topics. Date: Friday, 02 August 2024 at 01:14 PM

Goodbye Nairaland. - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Goodbye Nairaland. (599 Views)

Say Goodbye To Poverty With These / "Please Tell My Mom That I Love Her So Much, Goodbye" _ Lady Considers Suicide / GSM NETWORK BOOSTER- Say Goodbye To Network Problems (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Goodbye Nairaland. by Nobody: 9:28pm On Nov 03, 2016
REASONS I CHOSE TO LEAVE NAIRALAND.

1. The forum is a reflection of the Nigerian environment in both structure and mindset.

2. The owner although started this with good intentions, hardly visits anymore as even he can tell the standard set in the early days dropped drastically. Unfortunately, even with repeated suggestions on how to make this forum better, he chooses to rather delete otherwise helpful opinions probably to hide the fact he's helpless to improve the forum.

3. Moderators who should direct the flow of discussions like the example I displayed here https://www.nairaland.com/3442940/why-africans-backward#50718108 instead choose to troll debates and delete any comment they feel is a personal attack on their authority.

4. Intellectual discussions are rare: a true display showing our educational system is a failure. I've repeatedly searched on topics like Rosetta@home, SETI@home or folding@home knowing a lot of Nigerians enjoyed Playstation 3 gaming consoles but nothing, not even a single topic discussing the terms.
On this though I can't say it's all doom and gloom; the atheist vs Christian threads give me hope some people critically analyze their environment and one can tell from viewing most of the posters (unfortunately the atheist minority) are well read or at least talented when it comes to forming and explaining points of view.
The literature section is another sub forum I highly respect, probably due to the large amount of book readers.

5. The repeated use of memes, although a good and humorous means of quickly passing information, is employed by members not mature enough to create constructive opinions as a cop-out from intellectually engaging differing opinions.

6. There are no repercussions to control trolling. As I delete my account and disappear, I can choose to come back with another account yet no countermeasures are in place to checkmate the action. Many members who catch bans quickly learn to abandon those accounts and open new ones with trolling as their major aim.

7. Finally, there is nothing here I have to learn. At almost 10,000 comments, I've seen topics come and go, get rehashed, repeated again and posted as new. Like a book and movie viewer, I can pass for a nairaland veteran. Rather than hit a maturity phase in my existence here I've chosen to register on another forum with a higher IQ average, reddit here I come!
Was planning to delete all my old comments down to this day but changed my mind as occasionally I would visit here to see how I grew on this forum.
Re: Goodbye Nairaland. by etcme(m): 9:44pm On Nov 03, 2016
Re: Goodbye Nairaland. by olaolaking: 10:02pm On Nov 03, 2016
Honestly, I have been contemplating this for months now. Kids have taken over this forum.
Funny enough, the moderators have failed woefully in controlling the content of this forum. The activities of the juvenile had not been curtailed. Why? We do not know. The moderators either lazy or weak. Unfortunately, Seun had not done enough to address issues here. The value of the forum is becoming lighter. People had benefited immensely from this forum. But all the goodies are fast disappearing.
I feel so bad. I am disturbed. But it is becoming late.

The grand climax of the fall of this forum is at hand. Any mature forum that sprouts now will treat this forum the way tsunami treated its victims
Re: Goodbye Nairaland. by mulan21(f): 10:05pm On Nov 03, 2016
@nobody don't go! embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed pls I will miss u. U make Nairaland interesting!!!!!

(1) (Reply)

Photos: President Buhari Commissions 500 Housing Units In Sokoto / Checkout this picture, what did you notice / GOOD NEWS: FG To Increase Minimum Wage Next Year

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.