Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,184,200 members, 7,923,032 topics. Date: Friday, 16 August 2024 at 05:03 PM

Is Nigeria Really Broke? Mike Ile - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Nigeria Really Broke? Mike Ile (607 Views)

Kogi Govt, Its Chief Press Secretary And Mike Ile In N2m Social Media Scandal / Recession: Is Nigeria Really Broke ? / Is Nigeria Really Broke? 3 Key Palpitating Questions. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Is Nigeria Really Broke? Mike Ile by motherfucker: 6:08pm On Nov 04, 2016
According to facebook post earlier today

I was at the Ministry of Labour and Productivity yesterday. To begin processing for a particular license. I found out that people pay as much as 300k for that license. Minus application fee. And LOTS of people pay for those licences.
How many Nigerians are aware that the Labour ministry generates revenue? How many people have ever been told how much is generated from there yearly?
Nigeria Customs Service generates a whole bunch of money. Serious money. Do we know exactly how much?
Vehicle Inspection Unit generates so much.
FRSC, with whom I had a fracas yesterday, generate a ton of cash for the government. As a matter of fact, they device all sorts of dubious means to increase revenue.
What about FIRS? Let me not even mention it.
We have Liquefied Natural Gas.
This administration forced us to start paying stamp duty. 50 naira. Banks even scam us a lot by that means, taking arbitrary sums from our accounts.
A lot of corrupt politicians are not in jail. We are told they have been returning monies. My former CGC is said to have returned a billion naira cash today, abi? That's just one man. And that's small money too.
Now tell me, why the hell is everybody saying Nigeria is broke? How?
Immigration processes International Passports. Our various embassies process Visas. We are not given any account.
How the hell should I believe we don't have money? How come every time there is a drop in oil prices, we claim to be broke? As if oil is our only means of generating revenue?
Why are we like this?

(1) (Reply)

Governor Okorocha And His Death Trap Projects / We Gonna Teach Buhari A Lesson If Jonathan Is Humiliated”-niger Delta Militants / 11 Phases Of Addiction Each MMM New Convert Experiences

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.