Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,433 members, 7,950,928 topics. Date: Tuesday, 17 September 2024 at 06:49 AM

Many People Are Caught In This Act - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Many People Are Caught In This Act (579 Views)

My 14-Year-Old Daughter Was Caught In Hotel With Boys, Smoking, Drinking / Housewife Pregnant For Stepson In Nasarawa, Caught In Bed Having Sex / Caught In The Web Of Affairs With My Wife's Friend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Many People Are Caught In This Act by born2reign001(m): 6:26am On Nov 05, 2016
I remember how a school mate of mine denied his father before everyone. It was a boarding house and we had parents stroll in at weekends. So this guy's father came looking for him but the moment he sighted his Dad, a peasant farmer with a bicycle, he repeatedly denied him. In fact, he said, his father was a regular beggar that bugged his life. The father, too heartbroken, walked away. But this guy stylishly went behind his friends to meet him. That was when we found out the truth.
Why did he deny him? He had always boasted about the many mansions they didn't have, the many cars with swimming pool, and the wealth of his father. His lies had earned him so much respect amongst his friends. He was the Don. But here was his Dad with no cars but a bicycle on his way home from the farm. For the Don, alarm don blow!
I've heard of similar stories till date and it's all just sad. Your father definitely values education to have sent you to school with his tough, life-no-easy-at all, hard earned money. He's giving you a future he never had and you still don't think you should be proud of someone like that? Well, he was just young and naïve, trying to feel among. He learnt his lesson that day as friends began to rain senses into him.
See, your parents may not be driving G-Class or flying first class but they are your parents! His father couldn't afford better clothes because that's the alternative forgone for his school fees. Your parents also want to chop all the life but that might mean chopping all your future. Treasure them. Value them. Appreciate them. Be proud of them. There's no point being ashamed of them and their not-so-fine faces because of the stress they've gone through for you. You should be thinking of how to make them happy. You and I know if being rich is just by hard work and creativity, many of our parents would be super rich. But life doesn't work that way. Be happy for those whose parents have it all but don't deny yours because of some stupid competition without trophy. Cheers!

2 Likes

Re: Many People Are Caught In This Act by somez(m): 6:48am On Nov 05, 2016
God i miss my dad...
Re: Many People Are Caught In This Act by YNWA1: 7:11am On Nov 05, 2016
somez:
God i miss my dad...
Me too. Thought he was immortal while growing up, but one day, I was proved wrong

(1) (Reply)

5 Insidious "Gifts" You "May" Gift Your Unborn While You Propose Or Say "I DO" / Read This And Change A Life Today!! (pic) / God Bless My Parent, Love Them So Much

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.