Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,419 members, 7,881,537 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 11:07 PM

The World, Too Much With Us (miliyano's Version). - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The World, Too Much With Us (miliyano's Version). (384 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The World, Too Much With Us (miliyano's Version). by AndyAustin(m): 10:05am On Nov 05, 2016
For a long time, I've been obsessed with William Wordsworth poem titled, 'the world too much with us'. This week I finally did something inspired by it and decided to name it same. Please your comments and reviews are highly welcome. Thanks.

The world, too much with us (Miliyano's version).

The world is beautiful but with plenty trouble.
So thin the air that you can't grasp it
The land fruitful, yet sweat and toil must tap it.
Time is all there is about life, yet too fast and delicate.
The world a stage, we actors
Too hard we get, too fast we lost
The world, too much with us.
Innocent, every life at green
But before we go the world creates another being.
Something in the very air you breathes
Something in this life we see but cannot touch
We do, yes, want and love
but even that we cannot get enough.
Look around and see the world today
So here right now but would not forever stay
Look around the world and say
What would you give, take, if you can?

(1) (Reply)

Dwelling In Self Pity / Stories: On Memories, Time And Meaning. / Between The Scarce And My Ends

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.