Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,868 members, 7,872,884 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 02:10 AM

Emir Sanusi And His Vintage Car Spotted In Sokoto - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Emir Sanusi And His Vintage Car Spotted In Sokoto (49368 Views)

Pre-Wedding Photos Of Aminu Sanusi And Fulani Zainab Ali Bashir / Emir Sanusi Drives Vintage Car To Dubar; Same As His Grand-father's In 1956 / Emir Sanusi And His White Rolls Royce At The Commissioning Of Olam Feed Mill (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Emir Sanusi And His Vintage Car Spotted In Sokoto by Nobody: 7:57am On Nov 06, 2016
That is a classic and it looks very well maintained.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Emir Sanusi And His Vintage Car Spotted In Sokoto by peterjero(m): 10:33am On Nov 06, 2016
mmsen:

Dr Dre and Monster Headphones created a billion dollar company that sold low quality headphones at an inflated price to millions of fools. This vehicle is just another example of the same scam. Sanusi is in good company of overpaying for garbage.

Most motorists would prefer a low maintenance vehicle with modern amenities such as air conditioning, Sat-Nav, power steering and power locking.

Nike sell shoes that cost $20 to make for $200 - $300.

There are several other examples of consumers being duped into overpaying for products because of marketing, labels and other tricks of the trade. Calling something 'vintage' is one such example.

Price does to automatically equate to quality. Nor does "vintage".

You are not qualified to speak on that which 'human beings desire'. Humans have a number of basic needs, 'vintage' goods isn't one of them.

P.S.
How do you know that the car still drives 'smoothly'? Do you know how much he has to pay to maintain such a vehicle?

Mind you those companies you called out have got tons of staffs on their payroll if they don't play them you would call them slave drivers.
My point here is every human desires some form prestige which is only define by them, some in the number of cattle they have, some in the number of Ferrari they own viz sultan of brunei or Mayweather loves for bugatti. A low maintenance car is still very cheaply made.
Your point of calling buyers of beats by Dre fools, doesn't make Toyota or Nissan drivers not fools as well because an average corrola cost about 9-10 k to build but sold for 16k dollars or more. We live in a world where man's value attachment to stuffs rule.
PS : I am very sure you would also say tecno L3 is way better than a samsung galaxy J7
Re: Emir Sanusi And His Vintage Car Spotted In Sokoto by mmsen: 3:47pm On Nov 06, 2016
peterjero:

Mind you those companies you called out have got tons of staffs on their payroll if they don't play them you would call them slave drivers.
My point here is every human desires some form prestige which is only define by them, some in the number of cattle they have, some in the number of Ferrari they own viz sultan of brunei or Mayweather loves for bugatti. A low maintenance car is still very cheaply made.
Your point of calling buyers of beats by Dre fools, doesn't make Toyota or Nissan drivers not fools as well because an average corrola cost about 9-10 k to build but sold for 16k dollars or more. We live in a world where man's value attachment to stuffs rule.
PS : I am very sure you would also say tecno L3 is way better than a samsung galaxy J7

Toyota and Nissan are value for money when you compare them to the competition. That is all you can do when trying to determine which products are over priced.

I called those who purchase Beats by Dre fools because compared to the competition they are drastically over priced. Even their top-of-the-line headphones sound poor next to the similar products from a lower price bracket.

I cannot pass comment on Tecno because I've never used their products but there are other manufacturers who sell phones that are (at least) equal to those sold by Samsung yet cost 25% less.
Re: Emir Sanusi And His Vintage Car Spotted In Sokoto by omonnakoda: 4:14pm On Nov 06, 2016
mmsen:

Toyota and Nissan are value for money when you compare them to the competition. That is all you can do when trying to determine which products are over priced.

I call thoe who purchase Beats by Dre fools because compared to the competition they are drastically over priced. Even their top-of-the-line headphones sound poor next to the similar products from a lower price bracket.

I cannot pass comment on Tecno because I've never used their products but there are other manufacturers who sell phones that are (at least) equal to those sold by Samsung yet cost 25% less.
That is your opinion. Value is what the payer is prepared to pay for it at any material time whether you are buying a Picasso painting or Michael Jacksn's shoes, taking woman to a Bukka or a fancy restaurant,Whether you are buying Pogba or Messi, a First class plane ticket or economy. Whether you travel by bus or Taxi.Whether you buy a gold casket or just feed the dead body to pigs
There is ONLY one person qualified to pronounce on value each and every time,the BUYER......
There are so many things in the market that are intangible and that offer psychological value only.It is not foolishness to pay for that.

Having said all that,back to the original assertion about how expensive this car is . The truth is we have no idea of the current market value of this particular vehicle until someone buys it

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerian Ladies Are Beautiful! (pictures) / Princess Tutu Dada Carried By Men Into Her Wedding Reception Venue (Photos) / “I Don’t Give My Instagram To Black People" - White Model To Black Photographer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.