Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,138 members, 7,907,119 topics. Date: Thursday, 01 August 2024 at 12:51 AM

Freeze Reacts To Oyedepo And Critics Of Covenant University's Fee - Celebrities (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Freeze Reacts To Oyedepo And Critics Of Covenant University's Fee (80745 Views)

"Tithing Works" Daddy Freeze Diss Pastor Oyedepo And Wife With Throwback Photos / Moesha Boduong Replies Critics Of Her Interview With Cnn’s Amanpour / Banky W Responds To Critics Of His Big Wedding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Freeze Reacts To Oyedepo And Critics Of Covenant University's Fee by CecyAdrian(f): 10:53pm On Nov 05, 2016
luminouz:

Something like making dis Xmas memorable for d two of us! grin grin grin

Want to take me on a vacation? grin grin
Re: Freeze Reacts To Oyedepo And Critics Of Covenant University's Fee by NevetsIbot(m): 10:54pm On Nov 05, 2016
CecyAdrian:

I told someone earlier that Christ was poor but literary. He is not a poor man because his Father in heaven is not a poor man, He is the King and ruler of the universe but, Christ came through the poor for a reason and he remained with the poor till his death. Whatever he wore and ate were given to him excerpt the few time he performed miracles with food, that does not mean he could not get them if he so wished. But his coming and remaining with the poor till his death has a significance!

He had every means of enriching himself with so many things but he never did. He taught freely and gave freely, never demanded a pay for his services, he even gave his life freely for us so we might live.

Whenever you understand the significant of the reason why Christ did all that freely then you will know why somethings like what your 'daddy G.O' is doing is wrong
yu can't change my views woman. Quit trying.... I won't give in.
Good night

1 Like

Re: Freeze Reacts To Oyedepo And Critics Of Covenant University's Fee by Nobody: 10:54pm On Nov 05, 2016
ZoneBslayer:

Rejoice greatly, O daughter of Zion! Shout aloud, O daughter of Jerusalem! Behold, your king is coming to you; righteous and having salvation is he, humble and mounted on a donkey, on a colt, the foal of a donkey. Zechariah 9:9...
if you knew the Bible like you claim here, you will see that Christ did that to fulfill the prophecy of the prophet Zechariah..
Hahahaha. Are you saying he did that just for the sake of fulfilling a prophecy( so you can just say he fulfilled this and that prophecies as if it was just a conventional albeit predestinated event to validate the good and holy bible)? Christ's incarnation, death and resurrection where also prophecies. Did he just do that so we can all say he did just that to fulfil prophecies or that their are much more implicit reasons for his actions. Pls i don't mean to be offensive or to elicit an internet verbal slur, but i think that statement you made sounds like someone trying to read the bible and interpret it in a mechanical way.
Re: Freeze Reacts To Oyedepo And Critics Of Covenant University's Fee by CecyAdrian(f): 10:54pm On Nov 05, 2016
SalomonKane:
Already did.

Good!
Re: Freeze Reacts To Oyedepo And Critics Of Covenant University's Fee by ZoneBslayer(m): 10:54pm On Nov 05, 2016
CecyAdrian:

You are the big time hypocrite and f00lish one here. Same way that school was built, it can still be maintained that way of they are not greedy! I went to a missionary school "De la salle" and if you know that missionary school and what they offer it students with the best of teachers and conducive environment even scholarships to go further, you will just keep quiet and crawl back to wherever you came from.

A private individual can build his school and peg the price of the fees at what ever amount he so wishes but the church? Do you even know the real meaning of the church. Why it's called a church and things expected of a church??

Christ!! Where do all these people come from sef!!
bla bla bla and more blah...if you can't afford it, go to the one you can afford.. the church isn't your government.. hold your incompetent government accountable.. lazy ass Nigerians always wanting freebies..I guess you're the one to lecture me on the meaning of the church? you lots are an endless stream of comedy I swear grin
Re: Freeze Reacts To Oyedepo And Critics Of Covenant University's Fee by Acidosis(m): 10:54pm On Nov 05, 2016
Daddy Freeze is a ma.d man.

I hope he would advertise my business on air for free till year ends?

You want Oyedepo to run a N5000 tuition so that well learned Lecturers can feed themselves with grass and Pepsi even though you have never given ordinary Pencil to your neighborhood kids?
Re: Freeze Reacts To Oyedepo And Critics Of Covenant University's Fee by Nobody: 10:55pm On Nov 05, 2016
safarigirl:

Lol @ hundreds of millions, is he importing foreign students as well?

Nigeria is a nation of 850 million people, so going by your "hundreds of millions" uncle David has given at least 200 million people scholarship? How many people have graduated from those schools since their inception? I don't even think they are up to 10 million, so who are these hundreds of millions? cheesy

Una go just dey type carelessly

you dull sha , 850million nigerians ? You are a shame to internet

1 Like

Re: Freeze Reacts To Oyedepo And Critics Of Covenant University's Fee by luminouz(m): 10:55pm On Nov 05, 2016
CecyAdrian:

Want to take me on a vacation? grin grin
Something like that! cheesy...but hey! Let's discuss it further! #uknowwhatimean#
BTW! Why d protracted fight on oyedepo n SKUL fees issue Na? Its energy draining n worst of all he doesn't even know u guys exist!
Re: Freeze Reacts To Oyedepo And Critics Of Covenant University's Fee by Leopantro: 10:56pm On Nov 05, 2016
NevetsIbot:
i wasnt taught tht in church dear.... Someone told me nd i reasoned along with him.

How can a poor man feed 12 men for years nd pay tax, ride boats with his crew.

Imagine where he ordered hs disciple to get a gold coin from a fish mouth. Do yu call someone who could do that poor? Can you?

His garment was so fine and exotic tht the soldiers gambled over it. Dyu call tht poor?

Yu may pull this scripture tht says he came to be poor for us to be rich... But was it in monetary terms the bible spoke about?...

was about to attack you for reasoning like this then realized you have a typing difficulty which exhibited your line of reasoning.
yes, he was so rich he only ate special food and then that food was not available he fasted for 40 days until it became available.
he was so rich and money was nothing to him that he threw away money in the church when traders came to sell things.
the first man to drive Honda accord because they all moved in one accord.

smh
Re: Freeze Reacts To Oyedepo And Critics Of Covenant University's Fee by nasiodamus(m): 10:56pm On Nov 05, 2016
The missionaries who brought Christianity down here,built high standard and affordable schools den if not even free,they lived simple lives and lived among the community,now the opposite is the case a religion that was brought to us has been twisted upside down and now is used as a get rich scheme...deep in our hearts we all know the truth.Christianity has lost its way..

1 Like

Re: Freeze Reacts To Oyedepo And Critics Of Covenant University's Fee by dejilg(m): 10:57pm On Nov 05, 2016
victor1983:
I don't know what to say, but touche'. The bible is a beautiful book wherein lies so much mysteries. If one can say the truth, (i'm not promoting a church though), there is always a way people look at deeper life or s.u members in our society, ask yourself why. While in school, once a suggestion for exam malpractice or sorting comes up in class and a few persons murmur, the next thing you'll hear go be, these S.U people don come again(Why not these so so so and so don come again). Then i thought what these guys did was offensive, but now, i can see that corruption detests the truth. The church is being trampled upon while it scrambles for trivial and inane issues. The church is busy breeding members who are spiritually and morally weak while concentrating on the things which are supposed to be seen as additives, transient and temporal while the devil is busy stealing its position in the society. Imagine a sister asking if she could go ahead to marry an atheist because he is morally upright, something that should be unheard of if the church had its rightful place in the society. Moral decadence pervades the holy places while the so called heathen champions the course of morality. Food for thought. I couldn't but agree with your comments bro.

thanks jare....this prosperity preachers are just leading many people to a kind of "end" many will regret.....just look at how seemingly religious the society is and yet many crimes and acts of indecency are being perpetrated by these same set of people....and what's the major driver? well u guessed it "Money"....makes me see what Jesus meant..... "You can't serve God and mammon - money"......He also said ...."seek Ye first the Kingdom of heaven and every other thing shall be added unto you".......he was unequivocally against seeking money! yet money is the new gospel in the churches of today
Re: Freeze Reacts To Oyedepo And Critics Of Covenant University's Fee by Acidosis(m): 10:59pm On Nov 05, 2016
judeefcc:
you dull sha , 850million nigerians ? You are a shame to internet

Oh my ribs grin grin grin this is new shocked grin grin grin grin
Re: Freeze Reacts To Oyedepo And Critics Of Covenant University's Fee by NevetsIbot(m): 10:59pm On Nov 05, 2016
Leopantro:

was about to attack you for reasoning like this then realized you have a typing difficulty which exhibited your line of reasoning.
yes, he was so rich he only ate special food and then that food was not available he fasted for 40 days until it became available.
he was so rich and money was nothing to him that he threw away money in the church when traders came to sell things.
the first man to drive Honda accord because they all moved in one accord.

smh
are yu done?
Re: Freeze Reacts To Oyedepo And Critics Of Covenant University's Fee by CecyAdrian(f): 11:00pm On Nov 05, 2016
NevetsIbot:
yu can't change my views woman. Quit trying.... I won't give in.
Good night

Hahahahahahahaahaaha, stop battling within yourself, open your mind to that voice of reasoning in your head and stop being brainwashed by a man with one head like you. The Bible is not expensive. It's there for all man to read and comprehend, dnt let the interpretation of any man be your interpretation. Christ gave us all the Holy Spirit to guide and give us understanding of his words.

Call on the Holy Spirit today to give you understanding of whatever you dnt understand. Quit fighting for a man whom you do not follow to his secret place and do not know what he does when the lights and doors are all down.

Shalom wink
Re: Freeze Reacts To Oyedepo And Critics Of Covenant University's Fee by ZoneBslayer(m): 11:00pm On Nov 05, 2016
victor1983:
Hahahaha. Are you saying he did that just for the sake of fulfilling a prophecy( so you can just say he fulfilled this and that prophecies as if it was just a conventional albeit predestinated event to validate the good and holy bible)? Christ's incarnation, death and resurrection where also prophecies. Did he just do that so we can all say he did just that to fulfil prophecies or that their are much more implicit reasons for his actions. Pls i don't mean to be offensive or to elicit an internet verbal slur, but i think that statement you made sounds like someone trying to read the bible and interpret it in a mechanical way.
if you claim to be a Christian and still don't know that Christ came to fulfill the law and prophecy of the prophets of God then I wonder what brand of Christianity you've been following..

Do not despise prophecies... 1st Thessalonians 5:20
Re: Freeze Reacts To Oyedepo And Critics Of Covenant University's Fee by Nobody: 11:01pm On Nov 05, 2016
Acidosis:

Oh my ribs grin grin grin this is new shocked grin grin grin grin
no mind the balloon brain
Re: Freeze Reacts To Oyedepo And Critics Of Covenant University's Fee by DrayZee: 11:03pm On Nov 05, 2016
kennygee:

I'm not saying the church doesn't give scholarships, I'm saying the scholarships should benefit its members. There is nothing wrong with what I said.
But the church gives scholarships TO IT'S MEMBERS. WTF!
Re: Freeze Reacts To Oyedepo And Critics Of Covenant University's Fee by NevetsIbot(m): 11:03pm On Nov 05, 2016
CecyAdrian:

Hahahahahahahaahaaha, stop battling within yourself, open your mind to that voice of reasoning in your head and stop being brainwashed by a man with one head like you. The Bible is not expensive. It's there for all man to read and comprehend, dnt let the interpretation of any man be your interpretation. Christ gave us all the Holy Spirit to guide and give us understanding of his words.

Call on the Holy Spirit today to give you understanding of whatever you dnt understand. Quit fighting for a man whom you do not follow to his secret place and do not know what he does when the lights and doors are all down.

Shalom wink
lol. I'm done trying to convince yu. Goodnight nd sweet dreams.
Re: Freeze Reacts To Oyedepo And Critics Of Covenant University's Fee by Chiderad(m): 11:04pm On Nov 05, 2016
kennygee:
I'm a Christian and the church has lost it these days. We are in the end time. Is it bad if scholarships are given to poor church member's children into these schools?

If you are admitting 2000 students, and you give 800 students from the church scholarships, no on would complain that the rest are paying 500k.

But when members cannot afford the school fees, I wonder who is fooling who.

Who told you they do not offer scholarship to members and non-members alike?

How will they keep up with maintenance & overheads?

Mind you, the school is not a church project but an institution that operates on sound Christian values.

Do you know that right now, the building materials prices have increased by over 300%?

People should make proper investigations before posting anything, else one will be acting ignorantly.
Re: Freeze Reacts To Oyedepo And Critics Of Covenant University's Fee by ZoneBslayer(m): 11:05pm On Nov 05, 2016
dejilg:

*covers face* did that prophecy say that he had to borrow it? and normally would a King ride on a colt/ass/donkey? wouldn't it be a horse?
so the humility is in riding the colt/ass/donkey not that because it was borrowed....
so if u knew the Bible like u claim....u'd know what a King shld ride on....either borrowed or nor!!! get another defence joor
classic defense to a superior point...you wanted to use Christ riding a donkey as a sign of being poor..I showed you the error in that by pointing out that he did it to fulfill the prophecy given to Zechariah by God..Christ was very influential he could have gotten a horse to ride into Jerusalem if he wanted...even officers in the military sought him for help...
Re: Freeze Reacts To Oyedepo And Critics Of Covenant University's Fee by CecyAdrian(f): 11:05pm On Nov 05, 2016
luminouz:

Something like that! cheesy...but hey! Let's discuss it further! #uknowwhatimean#
BTW! Why d protracted fight on oyedepo n SKUL fees issue Na? Its energy draining n worst of all he doesn't even know u guys exist!

Lol, I hate to see people who use all they have to defend a fellow man who they do not even know what he does in his secret place. The Bible is there for all and it is very cheap, the Holy Spirit is within everyone and was given freely, but many have locked him out and choose to believe every drop of word from a mere mortal like them.

The Devil must be in shock and disappointed at how easy the present generation makes his work so easy!
Re: Freeze Reacts To Oyedepo And Critics Of Covenant University's Fee by naijacentric(m): 11:07pm On Nov 05, 2016
Adaowerri111:
the school is classy, not for everyone....if you can't afford it, just look around for cheaper schools
yeye comments u well so
Re: Freeze Reacts To Oyedepo And Critics Of Covenant University's Fee by Nobody: 11:08pm On Nov 05, 2016
ZoneBslayer:

if you claim to be a Christian and still don't know that Christ came to fulfill the law and prophecy of the prophets of God then I wonder what brand of Christianity you've been following..

Do not despise prophecies... 1st Thessalonians 5:20
My statement doesn't in anyway dispute the fact that Jesus fulfilled the prophecies. Please read it again and you might just nip a few lights in what i was trying to say. Christ definitely fulfilled the prophecies of by old testament prophets. God forbid my negating that fact, but please i beg you to try and decipher my comment.
Re: Freeze Reacts To Oyedepo And Critics Of Covenant University's Fee by mightyleks(m): 11:09pm On Nov 05, 2016
some ppl kip saying no scholarship to church members when the truth is they are ignorant. So even say christ was poor. can u gamble on a poor mans cloth not to mention soldiers. when jesus feed the 5k men whr d disciples nt contemplating to buy food but because no one was selling except the boy
Re: Freeze Reacts To Oyedepo And Critics Of Covenant University's Fee by CecyAdrian(f): 11:09pm On Nov 05, 2016
NevetsIbot:
lol. I'm done trying to convince yu. Goodnight nd sweet dreams.

Lol cheesy why would I let you convince me, I have a Bible and the Holy Spirit in me.

And I was not trying to convince you either but stating a fact. Trying filtering whatever you hear in church, it will help you much.

Shalom
Re: Freeze Reacts To Oyedepo And Critics Of Covenant University's Fee by luminouz(m): 11:10pm On Nov 05, 2016
CecyAdrian:

Lol, I hate to see people who use all they have to defend a fellow man who they do not even know what he does in his secret place. The Bible is there for all and it is very cheap, the Holy Spirit is within everyone and was given freely, but many have locked him out and choose to believe every drop of word from a mere mortal like them.

The Devil must be in shock and disappointed at how easy the present generation makes his work so easy!
Babe calm down! Like I said don't waste Ur energy trying to convince NL people of what u believe....just say Ur own n waka!
So......what about our plans? Do d needful Aiit?
N.B....Not another word on d oyedepo issue....or I will....

Re: Freeze Reacts To Oyedepo And Critics Of Covenant University's Fee by CecyAdrian(f): 11:14pm On Nov 05, 2016
ZoneBslayer:

bla bla bla and more blah...if you can't afford it, go to the one you can afford.. the church isn't your government.. hold your incompetent government accountable.. lazy ass Nigerians always wanting freebies..I guess you're the one to lecture me on the meaning of the church? you lots are an endless stream of comedy I swear grin

Am only sorry for your kind. Whenever a fellow tries to compare the government's work to a church's obligation, it automatically signals he or she has lost it.

I only feel sorry for you. The Bible is very cheap and the Holy Spirit was given to us all freely, pls try to make use of the two. Call on the Holy Spirit to open your eyes to the word of God so you can understand.
Re: Freeze Reacts To Oyedepo And Critics Of Covenant University's Fee by CecyAdrian(f): 11:16pm On Nov 05, 2016
luminouz:

Babe calm down! Like I said don't waste Ur energy trying to convince NL people of what u believe....just say Ur own n waka!
So......what about our plans? Do d needful Aiit?
N.B....Not another word on d oyedepo issue....or I will....

OMG!! Dnt tell me you are a violent man shocked shocked cry cry cry
Re: Freeze Reacts To Oyedepo And Critics Of Covenant University's Fee by NevetsIbot(m): 11:17pm On Nov 05, 2016
CecyAdrian:

Lol cheesy why would I let you convince me, I have a Bible and the Holy Spirit in me.

And I was not trying to convince you either but stating a fact. Trying filtering whatever you hear in church, it will help you much.

Shalom
funny... Everyone claims to have the holy spirit. Even the worst sinners
Re: Freeze Reacts To Oyedepo And Critics Of Covenant University's Fee by dejilg(m): 11:18pm On Nov 05, 2016
ZoneBslayer:

classic defense to a superior point...you wanted to use Christ riding a donkey as a sign of being poor..I showed you the error in that by pointing out that he did it to fulfill the prophecy given to Zechariah by God..Christ was very influential he could have gotten a horse to ride into Jerusalem if he wanted...even officers in the military sought him for help...

hahahaha....u made me laugh hard.....now answer these
if Christ had bought the ass/colt/donkey with the money (out of this riches you claim he had), would that prophecy not be fulfilled? ---- read my previous reply again

so the military only sought rich men? ---- can I get another one?
Re: Freeze Reacts To Oyedepo And Critics Of Covenant University's Fee by mightyleks(m): 11:20pm On Nov 05, 2016
One thing i know is that if oyedepo was a joke he would have folded up a long timd ago but no he's still waxing stronger bible says: The part of the just is like a shining light that shines brighter and brighter unto a perfect day.
Re: Freeze Reacts To Oyedepo And Critics Of Covenant University's Fee by luminouz(m): 11:21pm On Nov 05, 2016
CecyAdrian:

OMG!! Dnt tell me you are a violent man shocked shocked cry cry cry
Hahahaha! Na! But it was boring watching u fight dis e-war! Just wanted it to stop! Looks like it worked! grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply)

Photos Of Nollywood Stars Who Relocated Abroad (What They Look Like Now) / I Am The Sexiest In The Whole Wide World – Teni Declares / Don Jazzy Reacts To Forbes Africa's Richest Musicians List

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.