Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,873 members, 7,886,343 topics. Date: Thursday, 11 July 2024 at 08:35 AM

Cowbell Maths Competition 2016 Final (video) - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Cowbell Maths Competition 2016 Final (video) (40490 Views)

Enwere Kingsley Ikenna Wins National Maths Competition (Photo) / National Maths Competition For Primary 5 & 6 (N300,000) / Ayoola Oguntade And Juliet Eko Win N1m Each At Cowbellpedia Maths Competition (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cowbell Maths Competition 2016 Final (video) by Phi001(m): 10:48pm On Nov 05, 2016
talut:

There is a screen on their stand,so when the quiz master reads they read ahead and they are also very intelligent. Besides you can tell some answers based on the other options for some questions while some questions are straight forward especially during the round 2.
I've seen it and I've also been told but thank you for this information...
Re: Cowbell Maths Competition 2016 Final (video) by kamilous(m): 10:49pm On Nov 05, 2016
u forget factorization so easily.......
Re: Cowbell Maths Competition 2016 Final (video) by Fairgodwin(m): 10:50pm On Nov 05, 2016
jbaby265:
this is what Nigerians need not beauty pageant up and down.. congrats dear

I totally agree with you.
Re: Cowbell Maths Competition 2016 Final (video) by netzro(m): 10:55pm On Nov 05, 2016
Phi001:
They tried sha...sometimes I feel some students cheat in this thingsha...

I watched one of the episodes* when one of the students was answering the questions before the questioner finished asking...

I watched an episode like that too, guy these children are well prepared
Re: Cowbell Maths Competition 2016 Final (video) by Jorseen(m): 10:56pm On Nov 05, 2016
Am very happy with performance of Ambassador's college student. Some school are collecting millions from d student and they are no where to be found in the competition

1 Like

Re: Cowbell Maths Competition 2016 Final (video) by Idealpromise1: 11:06pm On Nov 05, 2016
[quote author=ICRMJigawa post=50797187]The answer to that question is 6.

Logically Simple.

A shakes B, C and D = 3
B shakes C and D = 2
C shakes D = 1

They all shakes 6 times without repetition.

Bro, its simple combination and permutation... Answer is 24. Attend better school you no go gree
Re: Cowbell Maths Competition 2016 Final (video) by Nobody: 11:12pm On Nov 05, 2016
ajbabs:

Shey nah your brother and your parents get the school ni?
It must have been a blessing indeed.
yes but seun won't tell you
Re: Cowbell Maths Competition 2016 Final (video) by Idealpromise1: 11:15pm On Nov 05, 2016
ICRMJigawa:
The answer to that question is 6.

Logically Simple.

A shakes B, C and D = 3
B shakes C and D = 2
C shakes D = 1

cool smiley
Bro, this is simple combination and permutation. The answer is 24. Attend better school you no go gree!!
Re: Cowbell Maths Competition 2016 Final (video) by heykims(m): 11:16pm On Nov 05, 2016
Hmm back in 2003, I was here representing Lagos state.
The irony is I am a medical doctor today.....

4 Likes

Re: Cowbell Maths Competition 2016 Final (video) by God2man(m): 11:17pm On Nov 05, 2016
Congratulations!
Re: Cowbell Maths Competition 2016 Final (video) by tunesoft(m): 11:28pm On Nov 05, 2016
Really ...brains like these (fast calculative) will do best in engineering...economics.....they are more likely to do better there....I see most of them they dream of medicine, well good...buh really I feel otherwise
Re: Cowbell Maths Competition 2016 Final (video) by vanvick247(m): 11:37pm On Nov 05, 2016
Phi001:

I watched one of the episodes* when one of the students was answering the questions before the questioner finished asking...

Not really cheating. Most of the questions from previous years are repeated sha.
Re: Cowbell Maths Competition 2016 Final (video) by Nobody: 11:50pm On Nov 05, 2016
ICRMJigawa:
The answer to that question is 6.

Logically Simple.

A shakes B, C and D = 3
B shakes C and D = 2
C shakes D = 1

cool smiley

So what if i ask you how many times will 8 people shake without repetition? you will use this your lame method grin
Without repetition, All you need do is 4 combination 2 = 6 ( since at maximum only 2 people can have a handshake at a time)
With repetition 4 permutation 2 = 12
Re: Cowbell Maths Competition 2016 Final (video) by batmath(m): 11:57pm On Nov 05, 2016
4! 4×3×2×1 =24 handshake
Re: Cowbell Maths Competition 2016 Final (video) by Jamaticulus(m): 12:14am On Nov 06, 2016
mrlycan:
1993-2001 We can always win provided we are set...... Where was Ambassador when lLateef Saheed was winning back to back
we can always win provided we are ready we can always win depending on.. determination.... oh oh oh! Iganmode Gramms
I love IGS faaa
Re: Cowbell Maths Competition 2016 Final (video) by Ishilove: 12:18am On Nov 06, 2016
O God, I'm so happy. Juliet, Taiwo, Blessing, Ayo...

*sob*
Re: Cowbell Maths Competition 2016 Final (video) by ArabMopol(m): 12:22am On Nov 06, 2016
mathematics one of my best subject then, but immediately I crossed Ss1 one big rock like that come block my calculating adroitness

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cowbell Maths Competition 2016 Final (video) by davids202(m): 12:38am On Nov 06, 2016
Seun abeg how much be the school fees for this your papa school abeg all my kids dey show. Reply ASAP
Re: Cowbell Maths Competition 2016 Final (video) by Cybertext(m): 1:24am On Nov 06, 2016
Idealpromise1:

Bro, this is simple combination and permutation. The answer is 24. Attend better school you no go gree!!

As you don attend better school so.... Shey you no see without repitition .

The answer is no where near 24
Its a simple 4 C 2= 4!/(4-2)! 2! = 6.
Re: Cowbell Maths Competition 2016 Final (video) by afobam(m): 1:44am On Nov 06, 2016
usmanktg2:
Congratulations guys. I was there once, represented my state in the senior category in 2009. It's nice meeting brilliant guys.
I will advice them to further their mathematics prowesity by delving into more mathematically demanding courses like Engineering or Computer Programming. It is a very sad reality that most of these guys ended up studying medicine, pharmacy etc.
represented my state junior category that same year...fortunately unfortunately, am now in mbbs 400 level ibadan.

1 Like

Re: Cowbell Maths Competition 2016 Final (video) by seunmsg(m): 3:52am On Nov 06, 2016
eROCK247:

Ur post smirks of envy arising from a potent rivalry. Congrats to d young mathematicians!

There is no potent rivalry yet between Iganmode Grammar School and the ambassadors, they are just miles apart when it comes to achievements. Whether it is jets, stan or cowbellpedia, IGS is way ahead.

Ambassadors got lucky this year and we congratulate them. If they want to form rivalry, they need to be consistent for another 10-20 years.
Re: Cowbell Maths Competition 2016 Final (video) by kaybams1(m): 4:28am On Nov 06, 2016
Seun:
I'm proud of the record-breaking achievements of the students of The Ambassadors College, Ota, who won all the prizes in both categories. I'm also proud of the staff and owners of The Ambassadors College who invested so much to make this happen, especially my brother and parents.

Seun you are not doing enough to sensitize this lost generation who evidently are more enthusiastic about entertainment, celebrities, OAPs and meaningless trends. Threads that have more comments and views are those with inane contents by empty headed youths wasting away on the keyboards of their phones. Though there is little you can do about that but is just a sad evidence of the new low we have debased to as a nation. We are losing it and you know it. Hiding from the limelight in a bid to preserve your brand is professionalism I admit but contributing your own quota in fixing this deplorable mindset of this generation is also your responsibility. The man on the top of the mountain didn't wake up one day and saw himself there. He toiled in blood, tears and sweat to get there. That's the message you should preach to the youths. Sensitize them on the surest path of greatness in any fora or platform you deem fit.There will definitely be few that have ears that will listen. Do more Seun, do more.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cowbell Maths Competition 2016 Final (video) by Berbierklaus(f): 4:57am On Nov 06, 2016
Seun:
No, he is not. My folks are all born again and The Ambassadors College, Ota is a Christian school.
Then what happened to you?why did you allow yourself to get lost?Did you make a deal with the devil in exchange for fame lipsrsealed what is making you team up with Islam against Christianity?

PS:congratulations to the entire Ambassadors community,those kids are walking computers gringrin

1 Like

Re: Cowbell Maths Competition 2016 Final (video) by presidentpikin: 5:32am On Nov 06, 2016
Seun:
I'm proud of the record-breaking achievements of the students of The Ambassadors College, Ota, who won all the prizes in both categories. I'm also proud of the staff and owners of The Ambassadors College who invested so much to make this happen, especially my brother and parents.
.....I saw this Seen I was so overwhelmed with such achievement and carbon copy of you and your father Mr Samson Osewa and your brother the mathematics teacher Mr Iyanuoluwa Osewa...if not of distance I would have come to registers my kidsin Ota..I Am proud indeed... Good job

1 Like

Re: Cowbell Maths Competition 2016 Final (video) by sweetgala(m): 5:52am On Nov 06, 2016
onomeasike:

Congratulations Seun and the Osewa clan grin

What relationship Do the Osewa clan Mr Seun of nairaland hails from have with the ambassador school.
Re: Cowbell Maths Competition 2016 Final (video) by Nobody: 5:56am On Nov 06, 2016
As someone who studies math recreationally, being able to watch this on youtube really warms my heart.
Re: Cowbell Maths Competition 2016 Final (video) by Phi001(m): 5:56am On Nov 06, 2016
netzro:

I watched an episode like that too, guy these children are well prepared
The questions are in front of them, that's why.
That's all I wanted to know... If you're a maths demon, they won't be hard... Prep or not
Re: Cowbell Maths Competition 2016 Final (video) by Adayi1(m): 6:05am On Nov 06, 2016
Phi001:

d question is already displayed in d computerized board in their front.
Re: Cowbell Maths Competition 2016 Final (video) by manie(m): 6:44am On Nov 06, 2016
presidentpikin:
.....I saw this Seen I was so overwhelmed with such achievement and carbon copy of you and your father Mr Samson Osewa and your brother the mathematics teacher Mr Iyanuoluwa Osewa...if not of distance I would have come to registers my kidsin Ota..I Am proud indeed... Good job

They have boarding facilities in the school for those who do not reside in Ota or Nigeria.

Distance is no longer a barrier to receiving good education.
Re: Cowbell Maths Competition 2016 Final (video) by Nobody: 7:07am On Nov 06, 2016
[quote author=Phi001 post=50797231]They tried sha...sometimes I feel some students cheat in this thingsha...

[/quote

They had a screen before them that they read from and needed not to wait for the quiz master to read questions.
Re: Cowbell Maths Competition 2016 Final (video) by gbengx: 7:16am On Nov 06, 2016
2nd & 1st runner up , you put a screen shot of how much their teacher gets. Overall best you didn't put d screen shot of how much the teacher gets. Would av been nice to know too...
Re: Cowbell Maths Competition 2016 Final (video) by tobolos(m): 7:18am On Nov 06, 2016
This comment from Seun just cleared my curiosity. I have been wondering if you are related to the Ambassadors group of schools. My kids attends the school and I'm really impress with their performance.
I'm proud to be an ambassador parent.

quote author=Seun post=50797005]I'm proud of the record-breaking achievements of the students of The Ambassadors College, Ota, who won all the prizes in both categories. I'm also proud of the staff and owners of The Ambassadors College who invested so much to make this happen, especially my brother and parents.[/quote]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigerian Lady Celebrates After Studying For 11 Years To Become A Doctor / 12 Times The English Language Made No Sense At All(pics) / The Hostel In UAM Makurdi Has Finally Been Cleaned (photos Included)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.