Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,152 members, 7,887,346 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 07:11 AM

Aruna Kadiri: They Died For What They Believe, For Nigeria, For Us - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Aruna Kadiri: They Died For What They Believe, For Nigeria, For Us (629 Views)

What Atheist Said Before They Died / Body Of Hadiza, Sule Lamido's Daughter Arrives Nigeria For Burial / Solomon Dalung With Aruna Quadri In Brazil (Pictured) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Aruna Kadiri: They Died For What They Believe, For Nigeria, For Us by akolo321: 7:23pm On Nov 06, 2016
“We sleep safely at night because rough men stand ready to visit violence on those who would harm us”. -Winston Churchill

On behalf of the National Association of Nigerian Students (NANS) and on my own behalf as President, I would like to extend my deepest and heartfelt condolences to the Nigerian Army on the untimely death of Lt. Col. Muhammad Abu Ali, and others who died in confrontation with suspected Boko Haram terrorists who attacked 119 Battalion, Nigerian Army location at Mallam Fatori on Friday, November 4, 2016 in a failed attempt to capture the town.

I also extend my deepest and heartfelt condolences to the families of the fallen heroes. NANS, the apex umbrella of Nigerian students both home and in abroad, stand with you and we will never put you down. Our compatriots died for what they believe, for Nigeria, for us.

To our forcefully departed Heroes, rest in peace. Your blood will bring freedom, permanent peace and your killers, the real criminals will face justice when time comes. We love you very much because you have committed and sacrificed your lives for the liberation of our oppressed and suffering brothers and sisters in the North/East whom you went to safe and bring peace to them. We are extremely grateful for each and every one of the soldiers that died for this country as well as those that are still fighting. You are out there, fighting so that the rest of the country can live in peace and progress. NANS will not abandon you. We are standing with you.

In addition to the ongoing efforts aimed at building a well-trained, efficient and very effective armed forces that meets our national security objectives, I call on the federal government to also make the welfare of our men and women in uniform a top priority. Our officers are some of the finest in Africa and among the best in the world, and as such, must be accorded the respect they deserve.

Also, I call on the federal government to institute special honours for our men in uniform like Lt. Col. Muhammad Abu Ali, among others who lose their lives in active service. On no account must Nigeria abandon those who serve her loyally, and paid the supreme price. This honour is to ensure that their memories and service live with us and our Nation forever!

For the families of our fallen heroes, especially the widows and children, as a means of showing gratitude for the sacrifice of their bread winner, I urge the federal government to take care of them until they can take care of themselves. Also the welfare of retired soldiers must never be taken for granted.

Lastly and most importantly, a career in the Nigerian Army is not the place for the heartless. Our men and women in uniform are bold and brave. They are our pride and NANS will continue to appreciate and honour those who stand strong in defence of our country. I therefore call on our soldiers especially those on national assignment to eschew any behaviour that could tarnish their honour and dignity as commissioned officers. Your commitment and loyalty to the Nation and the Armed Forces must not only be unwavering, it must be outstandingly impeccable.

Long live the Nigerian Army! May God bless our country Nigeria.

Rest in peace our fallen heroes

NANS is extremely grateful

Comr. Aruna Kadiri, NANS President
November 06, 2016

Re: Aruna Kadiri: They Died For What They Believe, For Nigeria, For Us by ruggedadventure(m): 7:27pm On Nov 06, 2016
RIP soldier

How I wish to see your face in the end of time
Re: Aruna Kadiri: They Died For What They Believe, For Nigeria, For Us by Bugatie(m): 7:28pm On Nov 06, 2016
Nice one comrade, we all need to rally support for our soldiers and also condole the bereaved families..

The govt should also provide an endowment fund for the next of kind and families
Re: Aruna Kadiri: They Died For What They Believe, For Nigeria, For Us by policy12: 8:41pm On Nov 06, 2016
R. I. P to the fallen heroes..the real men, the trust worthy leaders not the looters at the National Assembly.

(1) (Reply)

Ambode's Wife Gives A Helping Hand To The Less Previledge (photos) / Some Amazing Body Hacks, You Should Try.. / MMM Donates N5m Worth Of Materials To Idps

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.