Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,089 members, 7,880,410 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 05:46 PM

Please I Need Your Advice Urgently (intertribal Relationship) - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Please I Need Your Advice Urgently (intertribal Relationship) (543 Views)

Advice Urgently Needed Please.. / Pls I Need Advice Urgently / Nairalanders Plz I Nid Ur Advice Urgently! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Please I Need Your Advice Urgently (intertribal Relationship) by Keski: 11:00am On Oct 30, 2009
Am an Efik Lady in a Serious Relationship with a Yoruba Man(Ijebu) we intend taking it further(marriage) He told me that his mum wanted him to marry a yoruba lady which he refused(according to him the lady in Question is a childhood friend they dated once but it didnt workout).Everything was going on well untill his birthday when the said lady showed up with a card "to my special husband" and he acted funny on that day .Well it seems that relationship is still going and when i comfronted him abt it he begged me to give him time to handle the situation according to him its a delicate family matter b/w his family & the girls family(long time family friends). i also found out this lady texts and calls him everyday in his defences he said he is not interested in her but only as a childhood friend.I told him him to let me go & he shld respect his mother and marry the approved wife his mum picked 4 him since am not from his tribe. He is begging me not to leave him that every relationship passes thru a tough time and we are facing ours.I told him i needed a man not a boy(mummy boy) and he got so angry with me.My friends are tell me to walk away.
Some of his "friends"(including the yoruba ones) while telling me to forget abt him that its all abt yoruba culture and that he is not man enough to face his mother are also asking me out.
I still love him and i know he is confused(b/cos he said he is not sure if i would still want to marry him) but i believe he is a mummy boy and he cant stand his grounds with his mum.
My Heart loves him but my Head(common sense) is screaming Run.Run, Run far away from him.
Pls am i too hasty in taking this decision or should i wait? sad
Re: Please I Need Your Advice Urgently (intertribal Relationship) by jaybee3(m): 11:27am On Oct 30, 2009
Give him an ultimatum.
You being indecisive will only forever drag the unsolved issue along until he most probably succumb to his mum's pressure.
Re: Please I Need Your Advice Urgently (intertribal Relationship) by kidsam: 12:33pm On Oct 30, 2009
Good, i agree with Jay Bee's statement give him an altimatum then decide with ur head. I tell you the kind of feelings he is having towards the other lady is hard to break, even marriage will do alot of work to break it because it has not been totally severed.

(1) (Reply)

Any1 Wt A Funtioning Zenith Bank Mastercard? / How Do You Intend To Spend The Christmas? / Where Do They Come From On Monday Mornings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.