Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,453 members, 7,950,951 topics. Date: Tuesday, 17 September 2024 at 07:35 AM

Fashola,whats All D Hype About - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola,whats All D Hype About (1053 Views)

Lai Mohammed Fires Back At FFK- "whats all the noise about Buharis credentials?" / Countries Less Than 1,000,000 In Population: Whats The Hype About Nigeria? / What's Was All The Hype About A South-south President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fashola,whats All D Hype About by nedu2000(m): 12:57pm On Oct 30, 2009
Can a man's heart still be beating when he is already dead?can Lagos actually be made a mega city in the expense of greater Nigeria?Lagos state still has one the worst roads i've ever seen,electricity(d lack of it) and of course d increasing unemployment(no doubting dat more people have bin made jobless by his massive demolition exercise),teachers r owed.what is dis obsession wit taxation?.wot our guvnor should undastand is dat Lagosians have bin deprived of credit & social amenities and dey should b given some slack.is not dat i'm completely against taxation but it shouldn't b imposed on every aspect including d low income earners.well u could say he is beautifying Lagos and and and em, ,and i say he is robbing Peter 2 pay Paul
Re: Fashola,whats All D Hype About by samorijack(m): 1:32pm On Oct 30, 2009
The mega city bable is meant to justify the taxing of Lagosians to the bone, I would join the bandwagon if Mr Fashola would make available information regarding tax revenues, instead of using celebrities to advance this unholy agenda. The real issue is in the way and manner these tax billions are spent and as a concerned tax payer I'm still in the dark, It's not enough to just say Eko ni baje
Re: Fashola,whats All D Hype About by citizenY(m): 3:22pm On Oct 30, 2009
There are two things ai regard as civic duties expected of ALL citizens:-

1) pay yor tax

2) vote.

If you do not do these things, you have no locus to criticize any government.
The largest number of people who pay tax today are those on PAYE.

Government's biggest critics in private employment pay income tax but the method of
assessment is fraught with all sorts of malpractices and they form the bulk of those that
demand social services and are unhappy when it it is not available.

Others use the utilities more frequently but pay virtually nothing and cause human losses
damage them more frequently- trailer and tanker drivers for example.

You cannot fault this man for trying to collect tax . At least you can see what he is doing with it

Go to some states: GOVERNMENT GO SWALLOW ALLOCATION AND YOU NO GO SEE THEIR SHIT FOR GROUND. embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Fashola,whats All D Hype About by babapupa: 3:33pm On Oct 30, 2009
Usual crying and whinnying of disgruntled elements,
Re: Fashola,whats All D Hype About by wunmilyn(f): 4:58pm On Oct 30, 2009
nedu2000:

Can a man's heart still be beating when he is already dead?can Lagos actually be made a mega city in the expense of greater Nigeria?Lagos state still has one the worst roads i've ever seen,electricity(d lack of it) and of course d increasing unemployment(no doubting dat more people have bin made jobless by his massive demolition exercise),teachers r owed.what is dis obsession wit taxation?.wot our guvnor should undastand is dat Lagosians have bin deprived of credit & social amenities and dey should b given some slack.is not dat i'm completely against taxation but it shouldn't b imposed on every aspect including d low income earners.well u could say he is beautifying Lagos and and and em, ,and i say he is robbing Peter 2 pay Paul

This is all u can say . . . . . undecided

Even a blind person will tell u he is really transforming Lagos.
yet u come here and criticize him.

Mr president is there doing nothing
to help the country's situation, rather he his busy wasting our money on his health
you av nothing to write about him. . .

Let us for once learn how to appreaciate good leaders
if not? we will countiune to av bad and corrupt leaders.
Re: Fashola,whats All D Hype About by Nobody: 6:53pm On Oct 30, 2009
Tax? hahahaha. One thing though is Fashola is not yet a thief and he has visions. But he's seeing that vision through a bad spectacle. Also, how is mega city going to compensate Lagosians? Lekki mega city will be something the rich will enjoy not Average Lagosian. Which kind people de stay lekki in the first place? Rich folks, When push come to shove, the poor folks there will be driven out. What I like about this whole Fashola hype is it might trigger a positive competition among governors. Other than that, his plans has fatal errors.
Re: Fashola,whats All D Hype About by sjeezy8: 7:22pm On Oct 30, 2009
The mega city
Create alot of job oppurtunities for the average lagosian who are graduates and also non graduates. duh
Where do you think people will come from that are going to be employed, mars? megacity is all ppp that is how privatization creates jobs, which is needed in naija. Its not meant to compensate lagosians with handouts its meant to employ them meaning work.

Nigerians and this free hand out shit. Some people dont know the meaning of PRIVATIZATION, the government is not suppose to supply jobs in the private industry. In a capitalist society they are suppose to encourage ppp, FOR PRIVATE JOBS TO BE CREATED. aside from jobs its a good way to boost lagos revenue SINCE ITS PRIVATE.
Re: Fashola,whats All D Hype About by nedu2000(m): 7:23pm On Oct 30, 2009
I don't think there is any political leader worth d praise,they r all corrupt,every single 1 not wit our present electoral system(no honest person can win an electn wit d present system).i understand dat Lagosians has bin deprived of a lot so a little bait will do.tell me if there is anything dat u can say has benefited d "majority" of lagosians.remember i said majority
Re: Fashola,whats All D Hype About by babapupa: 7:51pm On Oct 30, 2009
9jaganja:

Tax? hahahaha. One thing though is Fashola is not yet a thief and he has visions. But he's seeing that vision through a bad spectacle. Also, how is mega city going to compensate Lagosians? Lekki mega city will be something the rich will enjoy not Average Lagosian. Which kind people de stay lekki in the first place? Rich folks, When push come to shove, the poor folks there will be driven out. What I like about this whole Fashola hype is it might trigger a positive competition among governors. Other than that, his plans has fatal errors.

I heard the rich eko atlantic people and the 250, 000 residents are not gonna be paying personal and property taxes.

I also heard the 200, 000 recipients of created jobs are not gonna be collecting paychecks and paying taxis.

I also heard the state is not gonna be making tons of tourism money.

You wanna help me out here?
Re: Fashola,whats All D Hype About by nedu2000(m): 8:44pm On Oct 30, 2009
Do u remember d Maroko issue of 1990,when col.Raji Rasaki demolished settlements built b4 our independence in d name of dis &dat,which eventually didn't see d light of day, d area was taken over by d guvment & simply sold to big men.d issue is still on in court up till now.d megacity project can't work against dat of naija as a whole.New York,London,Paris r only as great as d country dey r in.
Re: Fashola,whats All D Hype About by babapupa: 9:36pm On Oct 30, 2009
So basically, to build the Eko Atlantic, they have to chase off all the poor people currently living on the Atlantic Ocean water they are currently dredging? And how many people have they chased off the Atlantic Ocean so far.?

Try make sense small small abeg,
Re: Fashola,whats All D Hype About by nedu2000(m): 6:41am On Oct 31, 2009
U said drendging d atlantic ocean?dats a little 2 on d extreme?try & broaden ur mind,i am talking of wot has been of benefit 2 majority of lagosians things like , improved health care,repair of major state- owned roads,sumthing like dat.wot is he drendging it 4?don't ships cross d atlantic.he should call his LGA(or is LCDA)chairmen 2 order & stop wasting taxpayers money.
Re: Fashola,whats All D Hype About by Nobody: 8:14am On Oct 31, 2009
@Babapupa

Try and clear your mind up a little bit your post seems incoherent. At least to my understanding it's sarcasm but I still don't get what it has to do with my post. I was talking about lekki mega city not Eko Atlantic city which I barely know what about it.
Re: Fashola,whats All D Hype About by nedu2000(m): 9:54am On Oct 31, 2009
I admij dat my last text wasn't dat coherent,sorry,butits just a case of misplaced priority, we know wot lagosians need.d roads r still bad,unemployment is on a record high,security,educ(d teacher strikes & d LASU case),health centres r in a poor state(i went 2 d 1 in AJ recently) & not secondary,no tertiary issues like beautificatn,hosting u17 worldcup dat has caused a bottleneck in d surulere axis, BRT(it hasn't solved anything) ,lekki atlantic ocean wotever & even tourism!?!they don't affect d lives of d majority
Re: Fashola,whats All D Hype About by ikeyman00(m): 11:42am On Oct 31, 2009
@@@@@

i think fashola should start with the roads

safety should get noble attendance i think

and he should recognise that

then the tax payer know the man meant goodness i think

why tryin to hang in the sky when there wasn't good platform for landing

oduduwa? watch it cool
Re: Fashola,whats All D Hype About by xterra2(m): 9:58pm On Nov 02, 2009
Those criticizing Fashola should know that almost everyone loves him,his achievements made this possible,and now to the issue of taxation Everyone knows that London is wirking i.eelectricity,lights,trains,roads,security e.t.c you ever wondered why?BECAUSE OF TAX,Londoners pay tax .they pay property tax,car tax,parking space,and such other taxes .ANd to Lagos,If fashola did not try every lagosian and nigerian will hate and critice him.People know that PDP and yaradua hates him why?because of his excellent performance in Lagos(PDP-they hate progress in nigeria)which even made mr.president to send a letter to a SAN like fashola telling(or educating?)fashola that the Lgs in Lagos are illegal when we have zero electricity,zero security,corruption,death traps,corrupt and wicked politicains-big issues that yaradua should attend to which will benefit all nigerians indees and the lagos lgs will affect only lagos,that made the Fg not to like or support fashola which implies that no more support,and moreover lagos being the commercrial nervve of 9ja must be developed so to tax lagosians for progress is not a bad deal afterall,when Fg tax us and we see notin.
Even cnn,bbc,al-jazzera are even showing his efforts,and praising him(or did he bribed them?)and bill clinton gave him an award recently for climate change through eko atlantic and now based on his promise the first made in naija transformer is made in lagos which is more cheaper(check the threads for this info),

NOW EVEN A BLIND MAN CAN TESTIFY TO THE WORK FASHOLA IS DOING,
Re: Fashola,whats All D Hype About by ikeyman00(m): 10:48pm On Nov 02, 2009
ok
Re: Fashola,whats All D Hype About by sjeezy8: 11:02pm On Nov 02, 2009
Pay your taxes as civilized people do and you'll see what the hype is about. All these Nigerians want good things but dont want to pay for anything. The areas that are most changed in Lagos are areas WITH THE HIGHEST TAXES.

SO PAY YOUR TAXES, AMERICA HAS TAXES, UK, EUROPE SOUTH AFRICA - Nigeria is no different if we want progress
Re: Fashola,whats All D Hype About by bibiking1(m): 11:27pm On Nov 02, 2009
I think all the poster is tryin to point out is that the lagos state government should be transparent and i see nothing wrong in it.
Re: Fashola,whats All D Hype About by mustafar1: 11:43pm On Nov 02, 2009

'We write on the floor'
By Gbenro Adeoye

October 30, 2009 02:22PMT
print email

It is over a month into the new school session, but it is still a sitting affair for some pupils at Aunty Ayo Girls Comprehensive Junior Secondary School in Ikoyi, Lagos, on Thursday when NEXT visited.

With a policy that requires school pupils to bring chairs and lockers for class use to school, the situation in Aunty Ayo is true of many public schools in the state. A majority of the pupils have to make do on the floor pending a time when their parents will buy the required furniture.

Aminat Yunus, a junior secondary school one (JSS1) pupil said she had passionately looked forward to secondary education, and the facilities that would come with it. According to her, receiving lectures on the floor never featured in those expectations.

She said: "It's not convenient to write on the floor at all, but that is where those of us without chairs and lockers write. I am still waiting for my own; my parents have not made them for me yet."

Adunola, another pupil of JSS1 is also eager to have her ‘own furniture', even though she, along with her friends have devised a method of writing, which she considered effective under the circumstance; they have been writing on their school-bags, placed firmly on their legs.

Ms Adunola said: "That is what we do, and it's easier that way. Another one is if you have a friend that has bought her furniture; she may invite you to join her."

Earlier in the day, a Parents Teachers Association (PTA) meeting was held to address the issue among others. According to the PTA Chairperson, Mr. Adeleye, who spoke to NEXT on the phone after the meeting, the issue featured prominently in their meeting.

He said that the Association has sent letters to the State Government in the past over the issue, without getting the desired response; except for a specification of what type of furniture to provide, and with what material.

He also added that the situation was also affected by the relocation of a satellite campus of the Lagos State Polytechnic (LASPOTECH) which used to hold its lectures within the premises of the secondary school. Some of the pupils benefitted from the furniture provided by LASPOTECH before it moved.

"Now, we have been told that the chairs we make for the students should be made of mahogany wood, and that it should be double, and that means it should long enough to take two students. So the names of the students (pair) will be written on the seats," said Mr. Adeleye.

He added: "We (Parents) can't continue to wait for the government and leave our children to sit on the floor; that's why the parents have to make the chairs for their children. If any parent does not do that, there is nothing else we can do; his child will be left to sit on the floor."

Earlier this year, at a press briefing marking the second anniversary of this administration, Sarah Sosan, the deputy governor had said," I don't think the standard of education is low. We need to improve on factors and we've been doing that through the rehabilitation of science laboratories, provision of libraries, putting of furniture in place, and so on. We are also aggressively putting structures in place to reduce congestion in our schools.

I am proud to say that our public schools in Lagos are wonderful. Who says that the public schools are not good enough?"
Re: Fashola,whats All D Hype About by dinggle: 11:51pm On Nov 02, 2009
We are so different in Nigeria.
We always do the last things first and the first things last.
Go to the west and ask them to pay tax without providing basic facilities to make life worth living,
Govt invest in infastructure and the people pay tax to maintain the investment. That can not be said of Nigeria, all of a sudden we have started copying the west upside down same thing we did in copying democracy, we copy it upside down now we cant hold a credible election.

Fashola should invest in solar to provide electricity for Lagosian and ensure that police and military are held accountable for their bad deeds. The cameras he installed in Lagos should not only be used for criminals but should be beamed on corrupt police officers. He should press forward for state police and clean of lasma, cos lasma is an example why state police could be bad for the state. Once these are done, he need to provide the job for people to pay their taxes u cant tax people when they dont have a jobs, STUPID! where did they get their education from, infact by providing ur citizens with jobs you are doing the govt more good than the citizens, cos' thro' their taxes they will make govt. richer, OLODO RABATA!

This is an example of why people who copy at exams still fail because they never ready at all, copying only helps if you study alittle, Fashola should study the system in the west completely and not just copy tax policies, otherwise despite his efforts he will go down as a failed gov. Remember Nigerian are difficult to please and he can only fool those that are at home, those of us who knw how d system works over here cant be blind folded.

Yeye man because he provided BRT buses he thinks he has landed??, there are people better than him with better ideas, If dis guy is gonna start throwing taxes on people without jobs or for riding a car, he should prepare leave that place come 2011. You can throw akara at us while you keep the cakes made from seasoned chocolate for yourself.

The money they intend to use for so called atlantic city should have been used to create an electricity & an auto manufacturing industry in the state! which would employ the whole jobless youths and make lagos state richer than Nigeria.

Dem no know now, where dem wan pass when oil don blind dem finish. You dey create mega city for people wen no get light or education to maintain the city, or wen no go fit work there dem go finish now carry oyinbo come work there just as oyinbo full Niger delta dey work for oil installation while Niger-delta people sitdon dey consume the hazardeous gas wen dey comot from there. Where the west dey train their citizens to take on complex jobs, Nigeria go say him citizens no dey trainable.
Re: Fashola,whats All D Hype About by babapupa: 12:40am On Nov 03, 2009
dinggle:

We are so different in Nigeria.
We always do the last things first and the first things last.
Go to the west and ask them to pay tax without providing basic facilities to make life worth living,
Govt invest in infastructure and the people pay tax to maintain the investment. That can not be said of Nigeria, all of a sudden we have started copying the west upside down same thing we did in copying democracy, we copy it upside down now we cant hold a credible election.

Fashola should invest in solar to provide electricity for Lagosian and ensure that police and military are held accountable for their bad deeds. The cameras he installed in Lagos should not only be used for criminals but should be beamed on corrupt police officers. He should press forward for state police and clean of lasma, cos lasma is an example why state police could be bad for the state. Once these are done, he need to provide the job for people to pay their taxes u cant tax people when they dont have a jobs, STUPID! where did they get their education from, infact by providing your citizens with jobs you are doing the govt more good than the citizens, cos' thro' their taxes they will make govt. richer, OLODO RABATA!

This is an example of why people who copy at exams still fail because they never ready at all, copying only helps if you study alittle, Fashola should study the system in the west completely and not just copy tax policies, otherwise despite his efforts he will go down as a failed gov. Remember Nigerian are difficult to please and he can only fool those that are at home, those of us who knw how d system works over here cant be blind folded.

Yeye man because he provided BRT buses he thinks he has landed??, there are people better than him with better ideas, If dis guy is gonna start throwing taxes on people without jobs or for riding a car, he should prepare leave that place come 2011. You can throw akara at us while you keep the cakes made from seasoned chocolate for yourself.

The money they intend to use for so called atlantic city should have been used to create an electricity & an auto manufacturing industry in the state! which would employ the whole jobless youths and make lagos state richer than Nigeria.

Dem no know now, where dem wan pass when oil don blind dem finish. You dey create mega city for people wen no get light or education to maintain the city, or wen no go fit work there dem go finish now carry oyinbo come work there just as oyinbo full Niger delta dey work for oil installation while Niger-delta people sitdon dey consume the hazardeous gas wen dey comot from there. Where the west dey train their citizens to take on complex jobs, Nigeria go say him citizens no dey trainable.

This post is riddled with so much ignorance and share cluelessness.
Re: Fashola,whats All D Hype About by SoJaded: 3:32pm On Nov 03, 2009
Fashola for President cool cool cool
Re: Fashola,whats All D Hype About by queenesthr(f): 5:05pm On Nov 03, 2009
Fashola is trying, but there is still so much more to be done.

Lots of roads in Lagos are still in very deplorable condition and are getting worse by the day. Even the BRT tracks are full of pot holes.

People will be encouraged to pay tax when they see the transformation on Lagos roads.
Re: Fashola,whats All D Hype About by bibiking1(m): 5:17pm On Nov 03, 2009
Please let us not be sycophants, when the government has done well we should praise him like most of us have done, but when room for improvement arises, it only behoves on us to exert our civic duty and make such known to the government. Fash has been relatively fantastic so far, lets urge him to take it another notch. People in areas such as iyanaipaja, ajegunle, ketu etc. are yet to fully feel the impact of the mega city project and they DESERVE to

(1) (Reply)

Amadi Ikwechegh Is Dead / Nairaland Politics In One Word / Efcc Changes Gear On El-rufai

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.