Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,827 members, 7,921,943 topics. Date: Thursday, 15 August 2024 at 03:31 PM

Indoor Cats, Colour Point Persian And Ragdolls - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Indoor Cats, Colour Point Persian And Ragdolls (1235 Views)

Imported Male Chow Chow And Female Persian Kitten Available #discount / Imported Female Persian Kitten, Male Labrador, Chow Chow Pups Available For Home / IMPORTED Persian Kitten, Pugs, Chow Chow, Dalmatians, Pitbull,labrador Available (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Indoor Cats, Colour Point Persian And Ragdolls by jimmysqueen(f): 10:36am On Nov 07, 2016
I'm wondering whether breeding indoor cats, particularly for people that love cats and live in apartments, would be a good business idea for Lagos and the island? I'm thinking colour point Persians, Ragdolls and Maine Coons. I'm English, married to a Nigerian and we're moving to Lagos from UK after Christmas. I just want to get a feel for the demand for these types of cats in Nigeria. My husband has no idea whether it would be a good business as he's lived in the UK for the last 30 years!!!

I'd appreciate your opinion but only if it is constructive.

2 Likes

Re: Indoor Cats, Colour Point Persian And Ragdolls by wolewolsz(m): 3:09pm On Nov 07, 2016
thello hi,
it would be nice investing in dogs instead as the Nigerian populace are more familiar and keen on dogs rather than cats. very few people in lagos, Nigeria as a whole adore cats as pets unlike in the UK. If u can deal on pedigree dogs that would be a good idea. my opinion
Re: Indoor Cats, Colour Point Persian And Ragdolls by kagari: 4:29pm On Nov 07, 2016
if its that breed of cat, i bet you gonna have a whole niche to yourself, just work on the marketing aspect and you would be fine. Nigerias are only scared of those small west africa dwarf cats, put foreign cats, especially the puffy and furly ones would good awareness you would have a niche for yourself. Also thinking that that line for liesure

1 Like

Re: Indoor Cats, Colour Point Persian And Ragdolls by imeyalo09: 7:21pm On Nov 07, 2016
Get more infor about pet care here and also win a lots of freebies. Visit http://pethealth.top
Re: Indoor Cats, Colour Point Persian And Ragdolls by Nobody: 11:28am On Dec 02, 2016
Meet other cat enthusiast.
Join the whatsapp group.
PM me to be added. 08165866252
Re: Indoor Cats, Colour Point Persian And Ragdolls by Nobody: 12:05pm On Dec 02, 2016
Jimmysqueen,
Nigerians are very unelightened on the beauty and companionship of cats, especially Southern Nigerians, where you'll be residing in, the majority populace still see cats as witches, deadly, scary and all sort of negative sentiments. Majority of Southern Nigeria populace love dogs, especially pedigree/foreign breeds, these lhasa apsos, boerboels, pampillos, German shepherds, caucasians, samoyeds, cane corsoes, pitbulls(I know pitbulls are banned in the UK).

So, generally, you'll find it hard finding buyers/customers for your bred cats, you'll fare better witht he dogs. But if you still decide to go ahead with your cat breeding, breed foreign, hairy, cute ones will sell better, and start them small, so when plenty buyers don't come along, your home won't end up with plenty grown up cats everywhere. All the same, goodluck to you!
Re: Indoor Cats, Colour Point Persian And Ragdolls by Stellabesin: 4:05pm On May 02, 2021
You have any ragdoll for sale? I want one and I’m in Lagos nigeria

(1) (Reply)

Lovely 3months Old Male Slant Back German Sheperd For Sale.breeders Quality / Are People Genuinely Ignorant Of Animals Names Or Just Joking? / Male And Female Rott Pup For Sale..this Is A Quality That Will Make U MESS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.