Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,698 members, 7,882,366 topics. Date: Saturday, 06 July 2024 at 11:25 PM

5 Iconic Nigerian Teachers & Educators - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 5 Iconic Nigerian Teachers & Educators (2272 Views)

Nigerian Teachers And Their Dressing / Chat Room For Only Biology Teachers/educators. / Strong Message To Teachers. Educators, Parents, Etc. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

5 Iconic Nigerian Teachers & Educators by Teacherjobs: 1:36pm On Nov 07, 2016
Nigeria has undoubltedly produced some of the best minds on the continent and the world, all thanks to some of the best teachers in the world. Everyday, teachers make their mark positively on our society. Here’s to inspiring the next generation of teachers! Teacher.com.ng’s most well known teachers/educationists:

-Eni Njoku: Born in Ebem, Ohafia, Abia State on 6th November 1917, Professor Eni Njoku graduated with a first class honours degree in botany at the University of Manchester and earned his doctorate degree from the University of London. He was First Vice Chancellor of the University of Lagos and also served as Vice Chancellor of the University of Nigeria Nsukka. Student Halls are named after him in both institutions. He passed away in 1974.

-Alvan Ikoku: The Nigerian educator, activist and politician was born August 1, 1900 in Arochukwu, Abia. He established one of Nigeria’s first private secondary schools, Aggrey Memorial College Abia. Between 1947 and 1951, he served as a member of the Legislative Council in Lagos representing the Eastern Region and was later the leader of the United National Party. His photo graces the N10 note.

Nigerian Teachers

-Grace Alele-Williams: Grace Awani Alele-Williams was born in Warri, Nigeria on December 16, 1932. She was the first Nigerian woman to receive a doctorate degree and the first female Vice-chancellor of a Nigerian university, the University of Benin.

-Tai Solarin: Born Augustus Taiwo Solarin on born in 1922, this prominent educationist was often jailed as a result of his relentless criticism of Nigerian military rule. He established the Mayflower School Ikenne and the Tai Solarin University of Education (the first university of education in Nigeria) is named after him. He passed away age 71, on June 27 1994.

Iconic Nigerian Teachers

-Babs Fafunwa: Educationist, scholar and former minister for Education Aliu Babatunde Fafunwa was born in Lagos on September 23 1923. He obtained a Ph.D. in Education from New York University in 1958, becoming the first Nigerian recipient of a doctoral degree in Education. He passed away on October 11 2010 aged 87.

http://www.teacher.com.ng/2016/11/06/5-iconic-nigerian-teachers-educators/

Re: 5 Iconic Nigerian Teachers & Educators by Unsad(m): 1:42pm On Nov 07, 2016
No. 1.1 my mum.
Re: 5 Iconic Nigerian Teachers & Educators by Teacherjobs: 1:50pm On Nov 07, 2016
Unsad:
No. 1.1 my mum.

I like that! grin

(1) (Reply)

I Am Unable To Print My Jamb Admission Letter / Viral Photo Of UNILAG Exam Question Paper That Got People Talking / Meet The 14-year-old Nigerian Schoolgirl With An ‘electric Brain’ (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.