Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,341 members, 7,978,097 topics. Date: Thursday, 17 October 2024 at 06:55 PM

Lagos Shuts Redeemed Christian Church Of God, Academy Press And Other Companies. - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Lagos Shuts Redeemed Christian Church Of God, Academy Press And Other Companies. (8465 Views)

'We Don’t Dabble In Politics': Redeemed Christian Church / Photo: Seun Kuti Mocks The Redeemed Christian Church Of God / Lagos Shuts Down Lord’s Chosen, 6 Other Churches (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Shuts Redeemed Christian Church Of God, Academy Press And Other Companies. by reindeer: 10:13pm On Oct 31, 2009
?

Really either churches or mosques, people have to be reasonable.If i'm interested in your service i will come to your church so dont force me to listen to what im not interested in.
as for mosques, they are such a nuisance in the mornings, if you have ever slept in lagos island, you'd understand this, its always a competition and i think outdoor speakers should be banned for all places of worship.
Let mosques call to prayer with daily sms abi no be 21st century we dey,i wonder why the addiction to practice that was when there was no technology.
In fact i think the leader of any place of worship that terrorizes its neighbors with noise should be made to pay fines.
Re: Lagos Shuts Redeemed Christian Church Of God, Academy Press And Other Companies. by Tcrack(m): 10:59am On Nov 01, 2009
eko oni baje.
Re: Lagos Shuts Redeemed Christian Church Of God, Academy Press And Other Companies. by kosovo(m): 1:41pm On Nov 01, 2009
a step in the right direction
Re: Lagos Shuts Redeemed Christian Church Of God, Academy Press And Other Companies. by AfroCynic: 2:01pm On Nov 01, 2009
My street in London has about 7 churches of different denomination, all within 20 minutes distance from my house, some closer. I have never heard them, not once. So why should poor Lagosians have to suffer this abuse because some people think God does not understand quiet prayer. I am glad Fashola is doing this. Now, he needs to start closing some mosques, and some babalawos (but I don't think they much noise)
Re: Lagos Shuts Redeemed Christian Church Of God, Academy Press And Other Companies. by samnaija: 4:39pm On Nov 01, 2009
i think both churches and mosque should be closed if they go against the law. but its not like that in lagos, the are numerous mosques or worship ground in lagos that are bullt indiscriminately with nothig being done to them a typical example enter obalende (under bridge mosque) with loud speaker,the agency blind go a bit further near barracks lagos state demolish all the sructures near the barracks when it came to the mosque na ommission time , after mosque continue deleting. i am of the opinon be objective dont bend when it comes 2 religion. noise pollution comes from both churches and mosque close the two down one time. enough aladura churches don fall for fashola demolishing hammer becos they say they build near canal.
Re: Lagos Shuts Redeemed Christian Church Of God, Academy Press And Other Companies. by GeorgeD1(m): 8:01pm On Nov 01, 2009
fashola, take it easy ooo. you don dey cross the line ooooo! angry
Re: Lagos Shuts Redeemed Christian Church Of God, Academy Press And Other Companies. by udezue(m): 8:06pm On Nov 01, 2009
Good move. There should be standards.
Re: Lagos Shuts Redeemed Christian Church Of God, Academy Press And Other Companies. by kamalydeen(m): 10:53am On Nov 02, 2009
EKO O NI BAJE
[pre]
[/pre] OOOOOOOOOOO, wink wink wink[b]
[/b]
Re: Lagos Shuts Redeemed Christian Church Of God, Academy Press And Other Companies. by GeorgeD1(m): 11:12am On Nov 02, 2009
a good move? maybe he should start closing mosques with loud speakers too?
Re: Lagos Shuts Redeemed Christian Church Of God, Academy Press And Other Companies. by Nezan(m): 11:34am On Nov 02, 2009
^^ abi?
Re: Lagos Shuts Redeemed Christian Church Of God, Academy Press And Other Companies. by mikkyrazzy: 12:53pm On Nov 02, 2009
Fashola d great. Thumbs up !
Re: Lagos Shuts Redeemed Christian Church Of God, Academy Press And Other Companies. by GeorgeD1(m): 2:22pm On Nov 02, 2009
when they start harrassing churches in the name of 'environmental law' then something is really wrong somewhere.
Re: Lagos Shuts Redeemed Christian Church Of God, Academy Press And Other Companies. by naijatoday: 2:26pm On Nov 02, 2009
George_D:

when they start harrassing churches in the name of 'environmental law' then something is really wrong somewhere.

Have you ever lived near a church or Mosque ?
Re: Lagos Shuts Redeemed Christian Church Of God, Academy Press And Other Companies. by GeorgeD1(m): 7:28pm On Nov 02, 2009
is that a question?
Re: Lagos Shuts Redeemed Christian Church Of God, Academy Press And Other Companies. by babapupa: 8:10pm On Nov 02, 2009
Sounds like a question,
Re: Lagos Shuts Redeemed Christian Church Of God, Academy Press And Other Companies. by Jarus(m): 9:18pm On Nov 02, 2009
meine:

cry cry cry

Meeeeennn, I can never forget my ordeal from the noise polution i suffered from a Celestial Church and a record seller  beside my former rented apartment in dopemu. I moved out of the area to a private estate in Ikeja a year ago, kindly take a look at my horror stories starting from sunday

[b]1. Sunday= Cele starts service by 10am blasting music untill around 4pm, luckily for me i escape to the first service of my church which starts by 7am, after that service i walk around the church greeting brothers and sisters to while away time,so i dont bother going home after my sunday service at ilupeju, i will be driving aimlessly arround visiting friends before returning home in the evening. Sometimes God dey catch cele ooo, because if i decide to go home and there is no light i put on my generator thereby blasting my own noise for cele ear.

2. Monday to Saturday= Record seller start blasting songs from 9am till 9pm , The favorites songs are ayefele, some pasuma, and one alhaji from Ilorin , thank God for office,i will stay back after work then drive home by 9:30 pm by that time record seller would have closed shop.

3. Monday,Wedsday and Friday Nights= Cele starts some deliverance vigil in the middle of the nite, so i go to bed early so i can catch some sleep such that the noise from the deliverance sessions will not be overwhelming.[/b]
After some time i had memorised some of the Cele songs so i usually sing along if i couldnt find sleep, the Record blaster also had these song about Islam in the city of Ilorin, i was amazed whenever i found myself singing along.

grin grin grin, Now i can laugh over it because my level don change small, but those were some good old days.

ROTFLMAO. . . . This post could have got me sacked, were it not for the fact that it was late in the evening,and only few colleagues were still around. The post got me throw office decorum to the winds.  grin grin grin Imagine, laughing thunderously alone in open office grin grin
Re: Lagos Shuts Redeemed Christian Church Of God, Academy Press And Other Companies. by Nobody: 10:42pm On Nov 02, 2009
someone should ask me how I know the muslim morning call to prayer.

@ 5 am or thereabouts.

I could almost recite it verbatim at one point.
Re: Lagos Shuts Redeemed Christian Church Of God, Academy Press And Other Companies. by kayality: 1:27am On Nov 03, 2009
Meeeeennn, I can never forget my ordeal from the noise polution i suffered from a Celestial Church and a record seller beside my former rented apartment in dopemu. I moved out of the area to a private estate in Ikeja a year ago, kindly take a look at my horror stories starting from sunday

1. Sunday= Cele starts service by 10am blasting music untill around 4pm, luckily for me i escape to the first service of my church which starts by 7am, after that service i walk around the church greeting brothers and sisters to while away time,so i dont bother going home after my sunday service at ilupeju, i will be driving aimlessly arround visiting friends before returning home in the evening. Sometimes God dey catch cele ooo, because if i decide to go home and there is no light i put on my generator thereby blasting my own noise for cele ear.

2. Monday to Saturday= Record seller start blasting songs from 9am till 9pm , The favorites songs are ayefele, some pasuma, and one alhaji from Ilorin , thank God for office,i will stay back after work then drive home by 9:30 pm by that time record seller would have closed shop.

3. Monday,Wedsday and Friday Nights= Cele starts some deliverance vigil in the middle of the nite, so i go to bed early so i can catch some sleep such that the noise from the deliverance sessions will not be overwhelming.
After some time i had memorised some of the Cele songs so i usually sing along if i couldnt find sleep, the Record blaster also had these song about Islam in the city of Ilorin, i was amazed whenever i found myself singing along.

i nearly fall down from the chair after i read this comment
Re: Lagos Shuts Redeemed Christian Church Of God, Academy Press And Other Companies. by 9ja4eva: 6:28am On Nov 03, 2009
Good Job FASHOLA
Re: Lagos Shuts Redeemed Christian Church Of God, Academy Press And Other Companies. by cheche2(m): 4:52pm On Nov 03, 2009
talking about closing churches because of noise. What about those Record sellers that makes noise all the time?
Fashola should be very careful of how he handles things of God. otherwise he will find himself fighting God. GBAM!!!
Re: Lagos Shuts Redeemed Christian Church Of God, Academy Press And Other Companies. by dayokanu(m): 5:49pm On Nov 03, 2009

Fashola should mind his bizniz, The churches and mosques would heal the people that are made sick by the noise.
Re: Lagos Shuts Redeemed Christian Church Of God, Academy Press And Other Companies. by GeorgeD1(m): 8:09pm On Nov 03, 2009
oh yeah?
Re: Lagos Shuts Redeemed Christian Church Of God, Academy Press And Other Companies. by kayality: 11:01pm On Nov 04, 2009
Yes oooooooooooooo
Re: Lagos Shuts Redeemed Christian Church Of God, Academy Press And Other Companies. by muffins(f): 2:44am On Nov 05, 2009
I Laugh in Kilimanjaro. grin grin
Re: Lagos Shuts Redeemed Christian Church Of God, Academy Press And Other Companies. by GeorgeD1(m): 3:43pm On Nov 05, 2009
how does one laugh in 'kilimanjaro'? shocked
Re: Lagos Shuts Redeemed Christian Church Of God, Academy Press And Other Companies. by tarano: 4:10pm On Nov 05, 2009
I am a christian and I support the shutting down and demolision of so called "churches", there are lots of House of scams masquerading as House of God,

E ko ni Baje, keep sanitizing lagos
Re: Lagos Shuts Redeemed Christian Church Of God, Academy Press And Other Companies. by Akanbiedu(m): 4:31pm On Nov 05, 2009
It appears many people agreed that we need to do something about the noise pollution. I think the governor needs to go a step further by defining a set of standards. If need be, He should get input from sound engineers and medical doctors on the level of noise that could be tolerated in the environment. Because it is not enough to just say noise. Definitions are subjective.

This is necessary in order to prevent people from accusing government of been biased. If a muslim is in government, the christians may be suspicious and accuse the governor. The same thing applies if a christian is in government. But if we have a standard that we all agreed to, there will be little or no reason to accuse people of being biased.
Re: Lagos Shuts Redeemed Christian Church Of God, Academy Press And Other Companies. by GeorgeD1(m): 5:31pm On Nov 05, 2009
are you sure you're a real christian?
Re: Lagos Shuts Redeemed Christian Church Of God, Academy Press And Other Companies. by ALICON: 10:42am On Nov 06, 2009
Hello all. If you know anyone who needs an Environmental Impact Assessment done for his business before Fashie closes his/ her outfit down should get across to me on 08061660945 or 07090824445.

Alicon is a LASEPA registered EIA consultant and we have the best prices in the market. Call us now!
Re: Lagos Shuts Redeemed Christian Church Of God, Academy Press And Other Companies. by GeorgeD1(m): 3:34pm On Nov 06, 2009
see free advert! grin
Re: Lagos Shuts Redeemed Christian Church Of God, Academy Press And Other Companies. by emiemi(f): 8:45am On Nov 07, 2009
George_D:

are you sure you're a real christian?

I think you should tell us that first and give the definition of one.
Re: Lagos Shuts Redeemed Christian Church Of God, Academy Press And Other Companies. by bibiking1(m): 9:21am On Nov 07, 2009
george .,,, really i hope you are not confusing Christianity for fanaticism?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

An Argument Against Any Reasonable Knowledge Of God. / I And Annunaki, No One Else! / 15 Ways To Minister Without Blemish

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.