Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,768 members, 7,979,650 topics. Date: Saturday, 19 October 2024 at 01:29 PM

Petrol Subsidy Returns As Nigeria Pays N28 Per Liter - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Petrol Subsidy Returns As Nigeria Pays N28 Per Liter (49869 Views)

FG Petrol Subsidy Now N26 Per Liter / Fuel Subsidy Returns As Landing Cost Hits N145 / FG Returns Petrol Subsidy, Retains Official Pump Prices (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Petrol Subsidy Returns As Nigeria Pays N28 Per Liter by aisammy4: 10:10am On Nov 08, 2016
jossy4joseph:

http://saharareporters.com/2016/11/07/petrol-subsidy-returns-nigeria-pays-n28-liter-avoid-civil-uprising

Didn't APC promise to fix our refinaries. After wish they confirmed that our refinaries where producing? why the sharp turn around on their initial plan. Does it mean all our refinaries are dead?

Wow, this government that I support whole-heartedly. No wonder the bible said, Then "i was blind but now I can see"

3 Likes

Re: Petrol Subsidy Returns As Nigeria Pays N28 Per Liter by hardun63: 10:21am On Nov 08, 2016
sincerely i dont get the whole excitement. From what I read, the following was obvious
1) subsidy is when the actual cost of a product is x amount eg 100 naira and the government asks you to sell it y amount eg 60 naira while government pays the balance
2) price regulation is when after calculating your expenditure and profit, government now says you shouldnt sell your product beyond x amount
3) now the government meet with marketers and asked them to calculate their expenses and profit and they arrived at 145 and government regulated it at that amount
4) forex price went up and marketers said they cant sell fuel at the initial price they agreed and the givernment said; okay still sell it at our initial price we will balance you (subsidy) because nigerians are going through a hard time. Shikenna!!!
Please, my brothers and sisters, what is wrong with that?
if Buhari messes up, criticize him not we latching at every opportunitu without first digesting the content of the information.
Any firthet information to contradit my post is please welcomed
Re: Petrol Subsidy Returns As Nigeria Pays N28 Per Liter by sekem: 10:23am On Nov 08, 2016
Guyman02:
After all the lies of making fuel N40 per litre, ah ah what hapin now?

I can't believe you can actually touch shiiit with your bare hands.

That's very very very disgusting. lipsrsealed
Re: Petrol Subsidy Returns As Nigeria Pays N28 Per Liter by adegeye38(m): 10:32am On Nov 08, 2016
littlewonders:
Right from day one I knew subsidy was still trading while we cough out enormous cash to secure PMS for our cars and generators. Government with PHD in lying.

Subsidy was never remove, yet kept on deceiving your zombies on how effectively subsidy was dismantled.

Jonathan with subsidy we bought PMS for 85naira

Buhari lying to remove subsidy which he never did, we bought PMS for 145.

Where the rest of the money dey go?

Are the value of the naira within both administration the same?
With the naira losing its value, automatically the importers spends more to import fuel at an higher price, causing the price of subsidies on the part of the federal government to increase.
and also the subsidy where already full of irregularities, so it had to be shelved and pump price increased and bared at 145, but with the continuing devaluation of the naira and scarcity of the dollar, importers still have to be importing at an higher price making selling at 145 unsustainable, hence subsidy on a small scale was introduced to keep up with the charade.
The solution is still for us to have good, durable and functional refineries, so as to be producing our daily consumption and stop fuel importation completely.
Re: Petrol Subsidy Returns As Nigeria Pays N28 Per Liter by jaystix(m): 10:35am On Nov 08, 2016
The truth is dat Buhari wantz to kill n distroy Nigeria,coz people r dying already in hunger and pains,bt he is there enjoying himself with family and dnt care,bt he will never succeed if dat is his plan,coz God Almighty wil tak him down at once, God wil never fail us,we must succeed and make it in Nigeria our country,wether devil likes it or not,in JESUS name...Amen
Re: Petrol Subsidy Returns As Nigeria Pays N28 Per Liter by grandstar(m): 10:40am On Nov 08, 2016
littlewonders:
Right from day one I knew subsidy was still trading while we cough out enormous cash to secure PMS for our cars and generators. Government with PHD in lying.

Subsidy was never remove, yet kept on deceiving your zombies on how effectively subsidy was dismantled.

How much will fuel cost per litre if a litre is 20 cents a litre and the naira is 197 vs the naira is 310?

I
Re: Petrol Subsidy Returns As Nigeria Pays N28 Per Liter by littlewonders: 10:47am On Nov 08, 2016
adegeye38:

Are the value of the naira within both administration the same?
With the naira losing its value, automatically the importers spends more to import fuel at an higher price, causing the price of subsidies on the part of the federal government to increase.
and also the subsidy where already full of irregularities, so it had to be shelved and pump price increased and bared at 145, but with the continuing devaluation of the naira and scarcity of the dollar, importers still have to be importing at an higher price making selling at 145 unsustainable, hence subsidy on a small scale was introduced to keep up with the charade.
The solution is still for us to have good, durable and functional refineries, so as to be producing our daily consumption and stop fuel importation completely.

My brother, is not about dollar increase decrease but how this administration came openly preaching with all ego how they were able to thrashed out subsidy payment which gave everybody who believed in their lies—hope to criticise past administration for not able to fight it. Little did the populace (including you)knew they were scammed with potent lies.

For you to have come up with this terrible mathematics gives a complete clue how you've lost out from logical reasoning.

You've been fooled, bamboozled, used by those you want to die for. I'm not for APC or PDP but for the truth.

Open your eyes and use your brains.

2 Likes

Re: Petrol Subsidy Returns As Nigeria Pays N28 Per Liter by littlewonders: 10:55am On Nov 08, 2016
grandstar:

How much will fuel cost per litre if a litre is 20 cents a litre and the naira is 197 vs the naira is 310?

I

Dude, i don't know which school you went to but am sure they did bad in logical reasoning.

This government said subsidy was removed whereas it wasn't. What's stops them for saying the truth? We don't mind buying fuel even at 200 as you claim dollar has increased. But why come to the open to lie about subsidy just to gain exhortation and blame the past government for incompetency.

You and your government need a rehab.

I dey talk about how they come media come lie. You dey tell me how dollars increase.

Watin concern dollars and lie. Mtchwww!!

4 Likes

Re: Petrol Subsidy Returns As Nigeria Pays N28 Per Liter by Ngokafor(f): 11:08am On Nov 08, 2016
...This is what sane folks have been crying about for ages..Buhari/apc government is the worst in history..

.....but ingrates called apc supporters better known as zombies will be argueing and defending this pathetic government..with a good portion of these urchins in Europe and America angry....

...can any right-thinking human point to any good thing the MASSES have gained since this admin came on board?..and pls no one should mention 'corruption fight' before thunder does the needful to that person

..so much suffering occassioned by hyper inflation is the reward the masses are getting..so much lies,deceit,half-truth and distortion of facts is the order of the day.

.....now we are stoned with another fuel hike...with another round of inflation in the horizon...sad indeed.
Re: Petrol Subsidy Returns As Nigeria Pays N28 Per Liter by grandstar(m): 11:11am On Nov 08, 2016
littlewonders:

Dude, i don't know which school you went to but am sure they did bad in logical reasoning.

This government said subsidy was removed whereas it wasn't. What's stops them for saying the truth? We don't mind buying fuel even at 200 as you claim dollar has increased. But why come to the open to lie about subsidy just to gain exhortation and blame the past government for incompetency.

You and your government need a rehab.

I dey talk about how they come media come lie. You dey tell me how dollars increase.

Watin concern dollars and lie. Mtchwww!!

There's a difference between removing subsidy and deregulation.

The subsidy was probably removed earlier this year when naira was trading around 197 at the official market.

But as the naira continued to depreciate at the official market, this led to a substantial increase in the price obliterating the subsidy.

For instance if the landing cost is 140 when the exchange rate is 197, the price shoot up considerably now the exchange rate is 305.

What government needs to do is to fully deregulate the price of petrol has it has done with diesel.

The level or non existence of subsidy is dependent on the international price of petrol and the value of the naira at any point in time. It is never consistent.

1 Like

Re: Petrol Subsidy Returns As Nigeria Pays N28 Per Liter by thunderbabs: 11:44am On Nov 08, 2016
Ridiculous!!
Re: Petrol Subsidy Returns As Nigeria Pays N28 Per Liter by Abagworo(m): 12:03pm On Nov 08, 2016
littlewonders:

Receive small sense leaning. Common sense should tell you that subsidy would have been up to 90 Naija per litre by now. I support deregulation until we start local production of up to 80% of our consumption. Fuel should be increased to 175.
Re: Petrol Subsidy Returns As Nigeria Pays N28 Per Liter by Maximus85(m): 12:35pm On Nov 08, 2016
Paperwhite:
Recall they said they will build one refinery yearly for the 4years they will be in government. undecided

Lol
Re: Petrol Subsidy Returns As Nigeria Pays N28 Per Liter by stallion2: 1:02pm On Nov 08, 2016
APC IS EQUIVALENT BIAFRA [color=#990000][/color]
[/b][b][/i][i]
Re: Petrol Subsidy Returns As Nigeria Pays N28 Per Liter by checkout50: 1:18pm On Nov 08, 2016
God bless the federal republic of Nigeria.
Re: Petrol Subsidy Returns As Nigeria Pays N28 Per Liter by ikemesit4477: 4:04pm On Nov 08, 2016
even premiere soap has reduce in size!
Re: Petrol Subsidy Returns As Nigeria Pays N28 Per Liter by yaki84: 4:21pm On Nov 08, 2016
ifyalways:
Can someone please name one single thing this Government have done to better the living conditions of the average Nigerian. angry

Palm oil, beans, crayfish, iced fish, eggs, noodles, rice everything including bus fares have all skyrocketed.
u forget to put CANDLE.
Re: Petrol Subsidy Returns As Nigeria Pays N28 Per Liter by Ezekielnova: 10:39pm On Nov 08, 2016
jossy4joseph:

http://saharareporters.com/2016/11/07/petrol-subsidy-returns-nigeria-pays-n28-liter-avoid-civil-uprising
I believe that even there was a reintroduction of the subsidy must be as a result of instability of Naira exchange to Dollar which is the major factor of determining the prices of fuel in a Country that can't refine our crude ourselves. Fuel is mostly marketed by an independent individuals who are also in the business to make profits just as you and myself. we all know that after the so called removal of the fuel subsidy, our currency has since then been in messy state, so if you were opportune to be at the helm of affairs of the country, you'll allow the marketers to increase the price at their paste? when you are aware of the hardship facing the masses. what wrong has the government done if they decided to pay some percentage of the fuel that we consume on daily bases? Sentiment can't never help us my fellow youths on this forum because the future of this great Nation should be our priorities and not about how you want an IGBO, HAUSA OR YORUBA man there to fail. If he fails, we too have failed ourselves and our children to come so let us be united because age does not wait for us.
Re: Petrol Subsidy Returns As Nigeria Pays N28 Per Liter by erico2k2(m): 6:18pm On Nov 10, 2016
hardun63:
sincerely i dont get the whole excitement. From what I read, the following was obvious
1) subsidy is when the actual cost of a product is x amount eg 100 naira and the government asks you to sell it y amount eg 60 naira while government pays the balance
2) price regulation is when after calculating your expenditure and profit, government now says you shouldnt sell your product beyond x amount
3) now the government meet with marketers and asked them to calculate their expenses and profit and they arrived at 145 and government regulated it at that amount
4) forex price went up and marketers said they cant sell fuel at the initial price they agreed and the givernment said; okay still sell it at our initial price we will balance you (subsidy) because nigerians are going through a hard time. Shikenna!!!
Please, my brothers and sisters, what is wrong with that?
if Buhari messes up, criticize him not we latching at every opportunitu without first digesting the content of the information.
Any firthet information to contradit my post is please welcomed
The fact of the matter is this I'm going to say this cos you do understand what subsidy is
FG never removed subsidy at any point it was all politics . There was nowhere in the world where you can land petrol @ N200 /litre . So what we have now is NNPC importing fuel . We can't ask them to show us thier books now can we ? .
Subsidy was going to be removed during GEJ . Nigerians sited the hardship it would cause ie pump price might get as high as N280-300 hence the protest .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Grandchildren Present Birthday Cake To Atiku Abubakar (Photos) / FFK Dines With Goodluck Jonathan, Mike Ozekhome & Family (photo) / Patrick Obahiagbon Reacts To Buhari's Delay In Appointing Ministers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.