Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,892 members, 7,938,645 topics. Date: Tuesday, 03 September 2024 at 10:24 AM

EFCC's Derogatory Recruitment Exercise: A Process Striping Women Of Dignity - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / EFCC's Derogatory Recruitment Exercise: A Process Striping Women Of Dignity (25975 Views)

MURIC Condemns FRSC For Excluding Muslim Women From Recruitment Exercise / Vacancy At British American Tobacco Nigeria For A Process Lead / A Process Engineering Job Needed.. Kindly Assist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EFCC's Derogatory Recruitment Exercise: A Process Striping Women Of Dignity by KealDrogo: 12:11pm On Nov 08, 2016
But they say what a man can do a woman can do better na. if the men undergo all the medical and physical procedures so should the women; abi no be the gender equality we are all fighting for angry
Re: EFCC's Derogatory Recruitment Exercise: A Process Striping Women Of Dignity by alienvirus: 12:11pm On Nov 08, 2016
Damn. Now you see the reason why Nigeria cannot develop. Only leaders are not the issue. The followers are major nuisance/problem to the society.

1 Like

Re: EFCC's Derogatory Recruitment Exercise: A Process Striping Women Of Dignity by Charly68: 12:13pm On Nov 08, 2016
And people are pressurising senate for the confirmation of Magu..God forbid. What a nonsense !
Re: EFCC's Derogatory Recruitment Exercise: A Process Striping Women Of Dignity by zakson4real(m): 12:14pm On Nov 08, 2016
Sis please stop complaining. This is general rule which applied to both male and female. I also do the same.
Re: EFCC's Derogatory Recruitment Exercise: A Process Striping Women Of Dignity by progress69: 12:14pm On Nov 08, 2016
Mtcheeeeew.

As guys, we stood infront of a female examiner stack naked. She handled our John Thomas, and testicles to check for signs if ailments. In fact , one useless funny guy started having hand on and the woman stroke it with her biro and told him, you will just fail. That was during selection process to become an Officer in the Army. Weather u be soldier before or not sef, dem nor send u. You will do as others are doing

4 Likes

Re: EFCC's Derogatory Recruitment Exercise: A Process Striping Women Of Dignity by PMPhoenix(m): 12:15pm On Nov 08, 2016
To be honest, it's standard procedure for any military or paramilitary recruitment process, at least in Nigeria. It's mainly to ascertain if the candidate has undergone any surgeries, has any questionable skin marks/ tatoos, for checking cosmetic modifications, abortions, symptoms of some diseases ETC. Male examiners aren't supposed to be in charge of inspecting female candidates though, that's just wrong, and the candidates need not strip stark naked.

1 Like

Re: EFCC's Derogatory Recruitment Exercise: A Process Striping Women Of Dignity by Mayflowa(m): 12:16pm On Nov 08, 2016
NAVYdogg:
Nothing new my friend. I was stripped necked in front of 3 sexy nurses and hell did not fall.

Agreed you don't care, but this is so wrong. No one should go through such medical examination. People should learn to speak out in the face of dehumanization.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EFCC's Derogatory Recruitment Exercise: A Process Striping Women Of Dignity by Fedayeen02: 12:16pm On Nov 08, 2016
lawal28c:
Am nt by any means doubting diz info bt it is realy hard to trust.
i just called a lady friend that did the examination and she said its true
Re: EFCC's Derogatory Recruitment Exercise: A Process Striping Women Of Dignity by dustmalik: 12:22pm On Nov 08, 2016
Mayflowa:

Agreed you don't care, but this is so wrong. No one should go through such medical examination. People should learn to speak out in the face of dehumanization.
Go and sit down joor. This is the normal practice for military and law enforcement establishments worldwide. If you can't take it, then forget it.

2 Likes

Re: EFCC's Derogatory Recruitment Exercise: A Process Striping Women Of Dignity by progress69: 12:22pm On Nov 08, 2016
helovesme:

This happens not just in nigeria.

I'm 100% sure of the United Kingdom. To join the British army, you have to strip nake.d and the entire body is scrutinised by a doctor. This includes the balls and genitals (for men) and the boobies (for women).

My cousin had his own physical examination also carried out by a female doctor as part of the requirements to join the British army.

I didn't even read all these before i commented. I just tire for Nigerians
Ddaji:
That is the practice in all security agencies.so stop this nonsense propaganda just discreet some section of the country[ (in a thick Hausa accent) as 'Salleh'. i f we are going by your submission they are doing that to disallow Muslim women in general and hausas in particular from participation because of their hardstand on nudity.
I didn't even read all these before i commented below. To even think that the hopeless writer had to politicise tgis us what is even irritating the more.

progress69:
Mtcheeeeew.
As guys, we stood infront of a female examiner stack naked. She handled our John Thomas, and testicles to check for signs if ailments. In fact , one useless funny guy started having hand on and the woman stroke it with her biro and told him, you will just fail. That was during selection process to become an Officer in the Army. Weather u be soldier before or not sef, dem nor send u. You will do as others are doing

1 Like

Re: EFCC's Derogatory Recruitment Exercise: A Process Striping Women Of Dignity by kenex4ever(m): 12:26pm On Nov 08, 2016
Phi001:
OP, what concerns Buhari's government with EFCC's method of scrutiny?

The FTC said this has been happening for ages. So how come Buhari's government is now part of the parties to blame?

If you want to complain, register them with the head of human resources, EFCC instead of looking for another reason to blame Buhari. undecided
zom. Bee spotted. favouritism dat gej reduced is now embraced by d d. ullard... No
Re: EFCC's Derogatory Recruitment Exercise: A Process Striping Women Of Dignity by prophetfire: 12:26pm On Nov 08, 2016
NorthernParrot:
This has been the practice for ages my friend, in both military and para.

A friend of mine was made to strip naked and showed his two balls to full glare of an adult women in the name of physical examination and fitness.
aren't u kidding me? That is madness n pevertion of de highest order. Where is the professionalism n decency. Nigeria is still in the stone ages. Physical fitness is not determined by lookin at a person's naked body. There medical machines for such examinations.
Re: EFCC's Derogatory Recruitment Exercise: A Process Striping Women Of Dignity by Compliant(m): 12:27pm On Nov 08, 2016
kings09:
Even under Buhari's nose, govt officials r watching "pawn". Soon they ll say d nxt stage is try out difft sizes of cucumber

You are sick

This is the practice everywhere

Even the military does it . your balls will be checked, you will be ask to open your anus wide and they will use touch to check , x-ray will be done, weight will be check , height will be check , urine test, blood test , ECG will be done and so many other.

You think its beans and plantain ?

Its not by force
Re: EFCC's Derogatory Recruitment Exercise: A Process Striping Women Of Dignity by OCtheKing: 12:27pm On Nov 08, 2016
Pls what is the meaning of thick Hausa accent? Any reasonable person will know u just wrote this to insult the hausas & Mr President. If u can't stand the test u leave & stop playing the gender card. What about the men undergoing the same process supervised by female nurses? After all it is not a must to serve in the EFCC.

4 Likes

Re: EFCC's Derogatory Recruitment Exercise: A Process Striping Women Of Dignity by Jalinco: 12:29pm On Nov 08, 2016
Where is the picture? Pictures don't lie
Re: EFCC's Derogatory Recruitment Exercise: A Process Striping Women Of Dignity by Bollinger(m): 12:33pm On Nov 08, 2016
Hardbody come and see your great country oooooo.
Re: EFCC's Derogatory Recruitment Exercise: A Process Striping Women Of Dignity by kings09(m): 12:36pm On Nov 08, 2016
Seems u ddnt read whr they wrote Mr Salleh (a male) checked d females. Why not assign a female officer to handle dem. Nxt time, read d article b4 quoting sum1 so dat u undstnd d person's comment. Dawndy
Compliant:

You are sick

This is the practice everywhere

Even the military does it . your balls will be checked, you will be ask to open your anus wide and they will use touch to check , x-ray will be done, weight will be check , height will be check , urine test, blood test , ECG will be done and so many other.

You think its beans and plantain ?

Its not by force
Re: EFCC's Derogatory Recruitment Exercise: A Process Striping Women Of Dignity by DrMuzungu(m): 12:50pm On Nov 08, 2016
This topic just triggered my bu11shit warning alarm.
Re: EFCC's Derogatory Recruitment Exercise: A Process Striping Women Of Dignity by djPyper: 12:51pm On Nov 08, 2016
In my opinion such physical examinations if at all should be done at a very advanced stage of the recruitment when a candidate is 99percent certain of getting the job, not after after stripping someone of his dignity then you send him home with nothing that's just humiliating.

1 Like

Re: EFCC's Derogatory Recruitment Exercise: A Process Striping Women Of Dignity by Boyooosa(m): 12:54pm On Nov 08, 2016
The lady should apply for First Bank recruitment na... shuu! Abeg make una no distract us with this Haliburton case jere embarassed

2 Likes

Re: EFCC's Derogatory Recruitment Exercise: A Process Striping Women Of Dignity by dabossman(m): 12:57pm On Nov 08, 2016
Like some have said, asking men and women to strip for examination is standard practice in many military or paramilitary agencies around the world. What needs to be investigated is if the Salleh character is a medical personnel, if any inappropriate handling took place and if a female was not present.

Sometimes also, people need to research jobs and its requirements before applying.

Below is an experience shared by a lady at MEPS (Military Entrance Processing Station) in the US

http://smolderinglow..com.ng/2010/02/female-physical-at-meps.html

Examination

After our height and weight we were directed to take off our underwear and put on a blue gown. Its a cheap paper thing with a slit on one side. The slit has to be at the front. Wear it like a robe basically and you can tie it shut while you're waiting your turn for the doc. It does suck to be literally naked but again everyone else is as well so it doesn't feel that weird.
This part took the longest. First we had to wait for the doc to show up (turned out a few of the doctors had taken the day off), then we had to wait for each girl to get through her examination. Depending on your medical history your examination can be pretty quick or take a little more time. I have no medical problems and such so mine went pretty quick. While we waited we chatted with eachother. Introductions started out with finding out branches and from there it was whatever came up. When the first girl got our from her examination we found out from her what to expect.

When your name is called you go into the room where the doctor is and one of the female personnel. First I had to take a seat, which felt weird cause now I was the only person in the room without all of my clothes on. And I was dreading the 'stirrups' since I've never done that before. The doc looked over my folder and asked questions about doing drugs and my last period etc. I think he was from china or something, pretty thick accent so I really had to concentrate on what he said. I was then directed to stand up. He had me follow a light with my eyes, without moving my head. Then he looked at each eye with one of those handheld things. Then you go 'ahh'.
Nows the part where you just patiently wait for the examination to be over, lol.

He got his stethoscope and had me hold my left breast to the side as he listened to my heart. Then I had to turn around and he pulled the gown down so he could listen to my breathing by placing the stethoscope on my back and having me breath in and out. Then it was onto the table, slide down so your butt is at the edge and place feet in the 'stirrups'. He takes a look at your vagina, nothing is inserted. Then its onto your side so he check your butt, guess it was for hemorrhoids. Then you roll onto your back and he checks your stomach by pressing on it with his hands then he gropes your breasts checking for whatever. And that was pretty much it. You get off the table, straighten your 'robe', take your folder, and go back out to the other girls.

http://www.military.com/join-armed-forces/meps-process-requirements.html

For Women Only
The MEPS will provide a drape or gown for you during the physical examination. Your visit with the physician will be in a private room. Underclothing is required during your physical. A female attendant will accompany you when you must remove your clothing. You will also be given a pregnancy test.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC's Derogatory Recruitment Exercise: A Process Striping Women Of Dignity by ore16: 1:12pm On Nov 08, 2016
Hello Guys,

Please is it real? We need someone that has passed through this stage to enlighten us on this issue raised in the report .
Re: EFCC's Derogatory Recruitment Exercise: A Process Striping Women Of Dignity by Shafiiimran99: 1:14pm On Nov 08, 2016
HU NO KNOW GO NOW
Female Physical at MEPS
I'm writing about my experience with the Physical at MEPS in the hopes it answers some female's questions about what to expect. You'll survive. I did, and I'm a quiet shy girl. Granted your experience may differ as every facility has their own way of doing things. So this is how it went at the Tampa MEPS.
FEB 11 2010

MEDIC STAGE
When your name is called you go into the room where the doctor is and one of the female personnel. First I had to take a seat, which felt weird cause now I was the only person in the room without all of my clothes on. And I was dreading the 'stirrups' since I've never done that before. The doc looked over my folder and asked questions about doing drugs and my last period etc. I think he was from china or something, pretty thick accent so I really had to concentrate on what he said. I was then directed to stand up. He had me follow a light with my eyes, without moving my head. Then he looked at each eye with one of those handheld things. Then you go 'ahh'.
Nows the part where you just patiently wait for the examination to be over, lol.
He got his stethoscope and had me hold my left breast to the side as he listened to my heart. Then I had to turn around and he pulled the gown down so he could listen to my breathing by placing the stethoscope on my back and having me breath in and out. Then it was onto the table, slide down so your butt is at the edge and place feet in the 'stirrups'. He takes a look at your vagina, nothing is inserted. Then its onto your side so he check your butt, guess it was for hemorrhoids. Then you roll onto your back and he checks your stomach by pressing on it with his hands then he gropes your breasts checking for whatever. And that was pretty much it. You get off the table, straighten your 'robe', take your folder, and go back out to the other girls.

1 Like

Re: EFCC's Derogatory Recruitment Exercise: A Process Striping Women Of Dignity by UjSizzle(f): 1:17pm On Nov 08, 2016
I don't get why a female couldn't be present for this examination.
A male doctor can do the handling perhaps, but there's no way in hell it's okay without another woman in the room undecided

Na wa o. Nigerians can at least be a tad considerate in dealing with the genders.
Re: EFCC's Derogatory Recruitment Exercise: A Process Striping Women Of Dignity by NorthernParrot: 1:28pm On Nov 08, 2016
prophetfire:
aren't u kidding me? That is madness n pevertion of de highest order. Where is the professionalism n decency. Nigeria is still in the stone ages. Physical fitness is not determined by lookin at a person's naked body. There medical machines for such examinations.
I swear, she asked him to squeeze the balls
Re: EFCC's Derogatory Recruitment Exercise: A Process Striping Women Of Dignity by Onechancearmy(m): 1:32pm On Nov 08, 2016
Ddaji:
That is the practice in all security agencies.so stop this nonsense propaganda just discreet some section of the country[ (in a thick Hausa accent) as 'Salleh'. i f we are going by your submission they are doing that to disallow Muslim women in general and hausas in particular from participation because of their hardstand on nudity.

Congrats. If sheer s.tup.idity was an olympic event you would be Michael Phelps.
Most intelligent people can tell the difference between a genuine medical examination and a travesty organised by perverts to titilate themselves.

Keep deceiving yourselves that northerners are deprived of chances to enlist because of their "hardstand" against nudity. Northerners keep failing WAEC, NECO and JAMB in large numbers. Does this mean that northerners have a "hardstand" against education?
No. It only means they are less intellectually endowed. Like you and Northernparrot.
Re: EFCC's Derogatory Recruitment Exercise: A Process Striping Women Of Dignity by egike(m): 1:38pm On Nov 08, 2016
putting the record straight, you are asked to strip naked in most military and paramilitary organization to check for any incisions in the body especially down the abdominal region to check for cut as a result of doing an operation, major operation, appendicitis and other ailments.

the training is rigorous,currently the efcc recent recruits are training with one of the armed forces recruits altogether.
Re: EFCC's Derogatory Recruitment Exercise: A Process Striping Women Of Dignity by NorthernParrot: 1:42pm On Nov 08, 2016
Onechancearmy:

Congrats. If sheer s.tup.idity was an olympic event you would be Michael Phelps.
Most intelligent people can tell the difference between a genuine medical examination and a travesty organised by perverts to titilate themselves.

Keep deceiving yourselves that northerners are deprived of chances to enlist because of their "hardstand" against nudity. Northerners keep failing WAEC, NECO and JAMB in large numbers. Does this mean that northerners have a "hardstand" against education?
No. It only means they are less intellectually endowed. Like you and Northernparrot.
Guy please na, atleast be objective for once.
Stop this nonsense and use your intellect, if really you have one as you claimed to.
The procedure of screening in security agencies is anti Islam and lots of vacancies were forfeited because lots of Muslims folks don't want to expose their bodies in the name of screening

1 Like

Re: EFCC's Derogatory Recruitment Exercise: A Process Striping Women Of Dignity by NairaMaster1(m): 1:53pm On Nov 08, 2016
NorthernParrot:
This has been the practice for ages my friend, in both military and para.

A friend of mine was made to strip naked and showed his two balls to full glare of an adult women in the name of physical examination and fitness.

This is not PMB neither is GEJ

Here they come again. And you will come to find Zainab name on the successful candidate. Meanwhile sharia law protects Zainab from such. Are there no female operatives to do that? You guys are hypocrites. Kudos to the lady that let go.
Re: EFCC's Derogatory Recruitment Exercise: A Process Striping Women Of Dignity by Ddaji(m): 2:02pm On Nov 08, 2016
Onechancearmy:

Look at what you just typed kid.whether northerners are failing WEAC OR JAMB is non of my business.if you are not bloody hypocrite,you are aware that Muslim hate anything nudity,but i cant stop you from display your bigotry behaviors like OP.Like what stated by many posters above screening of applicants nicked is common practice in security cycle all over the world.So there is nothing hausas about it

1 Like

Re: EFCC's Derogatory Recruitment Exercise: A Process Striping Women Of Dignity by Rainmaker69(m): 2:02pm On Nov 08, 2016
All these blogs sha. Anything to sell news, I must say this story is an irresponsible use of social media. The blogger owes us a duty to have investigated the facts of the story, and presented some evidence before embarking on what seems to be a smear campaign.

If it is true, they have now been alerted.

Sad.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

7 Simple Online Jobs You Can Do From Home / BAT Nigeria Sending Text Message / Top Ten Worst Jobs To Have In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.