Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,113 members, 7,880,456 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 06:37 PM

CNN Confuses Obama For Osama....Scandal or innocent error???? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CNN Confuses Obama For Osama....Scandal or innocent error???? (1810 Views)

Buhari Reported To Obama For 'disobeying Nigeria Constitution' / Armed Soldiers Beating Innocent Citizens Now At Sun Tan Beach Badagry / Picture: What Should Michelle Do To Obama For This"blunder" With Beyonce (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

CNN Confuses Obama For Osama....Scandal or innocent error???? by McKren(m): 12:06pm On Jan 04, 2007
CNN apology over Obama name slip 

Senator Barack Obama is a rising star of US politics
US broadcaster CNN has apologised after mistakenly putting the name of US Senator Barack Obama as a caption on a story about Osama Bin Laden.
An advertisement for a feature about the whereabouts of the al-Qaeda leader carried the caption "Where's Obama?" over images of Bin Laden.

CNN has apologised for "a very bad typographical error".

A spokesman for Mr Obama, a potential presidential hopeful, said he accepted that it was an innocent error.

"Though I'd note that the 's' and 'b' keys aren't all that close to each other, I assume it was just an unfortunate mistake," his spokesman Tommy Vietor said.

The error happened on Monday night during presenter Wolf Blitzer's news programme The Situation Room.

Mr Blitzer apologised on air for the slip. "I'm going to be making a call to him later this morning to offer my personal apology," he said.

Mr Obama, tipped by some to become the country's first black president, admitted in October that he was considering a White House run in 2008.

He has always been ready to deal with questions about his unusual name.

"When I first started to work in public life,  people would ask: 'Hey brother, what's with your name? You called Alabama or Yo' Mama?'"

He has also acknowledged that his full name, Barack Hussein Obama, is not ideal for someone involved in politics

I liked Barack Hussein Obama the first day I saw him and knew he was running for US president but had always known a thing like this will happen to this guy, never mind he is man of colour which will ordinarily work against him in US politics. He has a strange combination of names which reminds you of some middle east characters like "Hosnie Mu'barrack", "Saddam Hussein" and "Osama Bin Laden". Is this error by CNN intentional or innocent? What do you think?
Re: CNN Confuses Obama For Osama....Scandal or innocent error???? by mazaje(m): 5:34pm On Jan 04, 2007
the next error is going to be Hosnie Mu'barrack grin grin grin he is a man of colour so he has little chance.
Re: CNN Confuses Obama For Osama....Scandal or innocent error???? by LanreDaMan(m): 7:22pm On Jan 04, 2007
Mistake my Foot How many People Proof read articles before it is Put on Air or in Print .

This was a deliberate attempt to associate this man with anything Islamic to

dampen his chances at getting the presidential Nomination

Soon they will Call him a terrorist

Land Of the free ( INDEED)
Re: CNN Confuses Obama For Osama....Scandal or innocent error???? by boyalinco: 9:21pm On Jan 04, 2007
could b a mistake, could not b one,u never about the workings of the political machinery in the us,they go at anylenght to bring you down.trust me when i say that diminished the chances of him being president,the more,because that image is already etched in the minds of people regardless and i hope that was not their intention,if it is its just the beginning.
Re: CNN Confuses Obama For Osama....Scandal or innocent error???? by McKren(m): 9:52pm On Jan 04, 2007
me thinks there is a conspiracy somewhere, check your keyboard letter "s" and "b" are not so close, besides this is the caption we are talking about dont they do proofread anymore?
guess someone wants to remind the americans his roots cos of his rising profile.
Re: CNN Confuses Obama For Osama....Scandal or innocent error???? by nairaman66(m): 9:24am On Nov 18, 2010
Conspiracy theory and perfectly orchestrated against Obama. Deliberately and Politically motivated!

Jay.
Re: CNN Confuses Obama For Osama....Scandal or innocent error???? by becomrich5: 9:41am On Nov 18, 2010
The same way NNEKA went to tell CNN that she is from Delta state, while she was really from Anambra state.

I discovered you can have what they call hypnotic amnesia. it may be due to family member death,rape, lock up by the police etc may she had it
Re: CNN Confuses Obama For Osama....Scandal or innocent error???? by slap1(m): 9:56am On Nov 18, 2010
^^Bush man!

(1) (Reply)

Why The Nigeria Police Is Not Effective / Efcc Begins Extradition Process Against El-rufai / Olunloyo: One Brave Yoruba Man Keeping It Real

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.