Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,077 members, 7,890,554 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 03:59 PM

When Did The Wedding Become More Important Than The Marriage? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / When Did The Wedding Become More Important Than The Marriage? (379 Views)

My Fiancee Betrayed Me: Should I Go Ahead With The Marriage Plans? / Nigerian Lady Lists 5 Reasons Why 'breast' Is More Important Than 'bum Bum' / D Sweetness Between D Legs Of Naija Girls Is Far Important Than Making Heaven. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

When Did The Wedding Become More Important Than The Marriage? by skillzahblog(m): 4:47pm On Nov 08, 2016
These days it’s always will about the gowns, flowers, the bridal shower, wedding rehearsals and the likes.
What do they have in common? These are all wedding ideas being sold by wedding planners who will charge up to #30,000 for “a truly unforgettable $250,000 wedding.” Brides are told to make it a party they will never forget. In a period where 50% of all marriages fail, it’s remarkable how so much money and time and worry are spent on the wedding, but not a thought is given to the marriage itself.

And after the last piece of cake is eaten, the last toast given, the last people leave, the deliriously happy couple – having experienced the wedding of their dreams – are now faced with making their marriage work. You would think weddings that cost $250,000 to $1,000,000 certainly would result in a fantastic marriage. But people don’t think about the marriage of their dreams, only the wedding of their dreams.
The fact is, a simple wedding can result in a deliriously happy marriage. But a deliriously happy marriage isn’t the goal anymore. Only the most spectacular wedding is. Then two, five, ten years later when every day is an argument, the kids are falling apart, and divorce lawyers are on speed dial, everyone wonders when it all went so wrong.

I’ll tell you when: the wedding.

Read more here
http://www.skillzah.com/2016/11/wedding-become-important-marriage.html

1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Download Dremo Ft Davido - Whala (gobe!!) / For Women, Sexuality Changes With Age But Doesn’t Disappear / Ways To Be An Awesome Partner (must read)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.