Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,132 members, 7,943,086 topics. Date: Sunday, 08 September 2024 at 04:05 AM

Departed In Flames-etisalat Flash Fiction Entry. - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Departed In Flames-etisalat Flash Fiction Entry. (964 Views)

Scared. A Flash Fiction / To Participants: Was Etisalat Flash Fiction A Fair Competition / The Etisalat Flash Fiction Contest Has Started. These Are My 7 Best Stories (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Departed In Flames-etisalat Flash Fiction Entry. by Elxandre(m): 5:28pm On Nov 08, 2016
Please help me move to the next stage by voting my story.
This is my only hope as in not social media savvy embarassed
http://prize.etisalat.com.ng/flash-fiction/voteall.php?id=1927
Sometimes, we get jolted out of our linear paths by happenings so radical, that they define our existence.
In 1988, I was 11, full of life and vigor, already indoctrinated by several dogmas that defined my worldview.
I still remember the shrill voice of the town crier that night as he called out, aided by his piercing sounding gong. “The king has announced the Ebora festival o, two fortnights from now. Let him who hasn’t been deafened by the gods take heed”. ‘Pon pon pon’ blared the heavy metal.
The most learned man in our village, Ogunkoya, laughed coarsely as he battled my father in a game of ‘Ayo’ the next day. ” These witches’ anchors will be undone soon in flames.”
“I hope they are indeed witches retorted father.”

Two fortnights later, dressed in the most alluring attire mother’s farm proceeds could fetch. I was ready to watch Ajes get decimated.
At noon, the famed and feared Eboras sauntered into the village square, warfare songs seething through their intoxicated lips, as everyone gyrated to the sumptuous beats produced by timber logs pounded upon by masked shirtless Eboras.
The chief Ebora then started screaming “Aye Aye”, to which some Eboras responded to by rushing in to drag out the accused Witches known as Ajes.
Ten hefty men dragged out some women, all crying helplessly, though sounding inaudibly to me, for I was drowned in the horror of seeing mother amongst them.
I tried running towards them, but I was dragged back by my father, also crying helplessly. He knew interference meant death for the entire Aje’s family.
“We shall now commence.” screeched the chief Eboras voice.
In flames went every bigotry in me, as I watched the altruistic woman who always cared for me and everyone, depart in flames.

http://prize.etisalat.com.ng/flash-fiction/voteall.php?id=1927

2 Likes

Re: Departed In Flames-etisalat Flash Fiction Entry. by larabae13(f): 8:21pm On Nov 08, 2016
Papa why na? U fall ma hand oo...u couldn't tell me ur personal pesin abi? Issorait
Re: Departed In Flames-etisalat Flash Fiction Entry. by Elxandre(m): 10:24pm On Nov 08, 2016
larabae13:
Papa why na? U fall ma hand oo...u couldn't tell me ur personal pesin abi? Issorait
No vex.
I talk am na.
For the group. You might have missed it. tongue
I never even knew you liked writing till I saw you on NL after I left the group.

Oya still help me vote abeg ma. wink
Re: Departed In Flames-etisalat Flash Fiction Entry. by larabae13(f): 10:30pm On Nov 08, 2016
Elxandre:

No vex.
I talk am na.
For the group. You might have missed it. tongue
I never even knew you liked writing till I saw you on NL after I left the group.

Oya still help me vote abeg ma. wink
which grp? undecided

Anyways I tried it lyk countless of times buh itz nt going through at all...even herzan tried it sef still d same tin
Re: Departed In Flames-etisalat Flash Fiction Entry. by Elxandre(m): 10:34pm On Nov 08, 2016
larabae13:
which grp? undecided

Anyways I tried it lyk countless of times buh itz nt going through at all...even herzan tried it sef still d same tin
Tried what?
Re: Departed In Flames-etisalat Flash Fiction Entry. by larabae13(f): 10:36pm On Nov 08, 2016
Elxandre:

Tried what?
the link na...the like button isn't giving results
Re: Departed In Flames-etisalat Flash Fiction Entry. by Elxandre(m): 10:38pm On Nov 08, 2016
larabae13:
Oh... Thanks.
Help me greet herzern. Hope he got in?

Let me investigate the issue with the link.
I'll text you.
Re: Departed In Flames-etisalat Flash Fiction Entry. by larabae13(f): 10:44pm On Nov 08, 2016
Elxandre:

Oh... Thanks.
Help me greet herzern. Hope he got in?

Let me investigate the issue with the link.
I'll text you.
he couldn't also...the same problem

Ok oo
Re: Departed In Flames-etisalat Flash Fiction Entry. by Krystalzkris(f): 11:38pm On Nov 08, 2016
We all know that it's not easy being a writer in Nigeria, where writers are treated somehow. I think we should help one another achieve our dreams. I was shortlisted for Etisalat flash writing contest, and I need your votes. It's simple. Copy and paste the link to your phone browser. Not opera mini or Uc browser. Your main browser. You will see my story. Please read the story and vote for me. You will see a blue stuff with a thumb on it. Click on it. You will be asked to log into Facebook. Once you are done, you have voted for me. The link is

https://prize.etisalat.com.ng/flash-fiction/voteall.php?id=651 Thanks.
Re: Departed In Flames-etisalat Flash Fiction Entry. by Elxandre(m): 3:09am On Nov 09, 2016
Krystalzkris:

We all know that it's not easy being a writer in
Nigeria, where writers are treated somehow. I
think we should
help one another achieve our dreams. I was
shortlisted for Etisalat flash writing contest, and I
need your votes. It's simple. Copy and paste the
link to your phone browser. Not opera mini or Uc
browser. Your main browser. You will see my
story. Please read the story and vote for me. You
will see a blue stuff with a thumb on it. Click on
it. You will be asked to log into Facebook. Once
you are done, you have voted for me. The link is

https://prize.etisalat.com.ng/flash-fiction/voteall.php?id=651
Thanks.
22 votes already, yet you're posting on a poor guy's thread to steal from him. sad
Re: Departed In Flames-etisalat Flash Fiction Entry. by Elxandre(m): 3:12am On Nov 09, 2016
larabae13:
Damn, I think it could be as a result of you using opera mini.
Re: Departed In Flames-etisalat Flash Fiction Entry. by jkarmstrong(m): 5:09am On Nov 09, 2016
Re: Departed In Flames-etisalat Flash Fiction Entry. by larabae13(f): 10:14am On Nov 09, 2016
Elxandre:

Damn, I think it could be as a result of you using opera mini.
nope I use default browser

(1) (Reply)

The Scary Beauty / Jumoke Verissimo Celebrates Her 37th Birthday Today / After Life ( A Nairalander Talks About His Life Post Break Up Experience)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.