Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,866 members, 7,889,890 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 12:11 AM

Hidden Truth About The Killing Of Nigerian Soldiers By Bokoharam - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Hidden Truth About The Killing Of Nigerian Soldiers By Bokoharam (958 Views)

Bodies Of Slain Nigerian Soldiers By Dreaded Boko Harram. / I’m Happy I Witnessed The Killing Of My Parents-– Ademulegun's Daughter / Hidden truth about Igbo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hidden Truth About The Killing Of Nigerian Soldiers By Bokoharam by normaltruth: 12:34am On Nov 09, 2016
The Nigerian army just interred its bravest general since its war against Boko Haram began; they hail the fallen soldier for his feistiness and intrepidity when it came to driving out terrorists from their hideouts. One thing that I find striking about the news of the general's killing was media hypocrisy. Just some few days ago, more than 83 soldiers disappeared without a trace, no words of condolence emanated from the presidency. Moreover, there was one soldier who was married to my aunty, he was captured alive by Boko Haram, paraded and gruesomely slaughtered in a video alongside his comrade, his wife is now languishing in poverty and coping with the challenges of educating her children. This is the irony of serving and dying for Nigeria. There are many families of slain soldiers who feel abandoned by their government. But the media are not there to narrate their stories.
The hypocrisy of the Nigerian media knows no bound. Thousands of people are killed and displaced but the media have chosen to pay no heed to the people's suffering, choosing rather to advocate the release of Chibok school girls. Buhari is on the other hand busy giving priority to the abducted girls while hundreds of thousands of people are on the verge of mass starvation. Go to Borno local governments and you would be shocked by the vicissitude of life there. People are dying a steady death while governments are going off on a tangent.
If humanity is anything to go by, Buhari and the Nigerian media are the greatest enemies of humanity in this world. Where on earth will you find a country where its president keeps mute even when the soldiers he leads launched a blitzkrieg against defenseless Shias on the phantom allegation of blocking a road? Where on earth will you find a country when its president ignored and declined to condemn the massacre of people by his fellow Fulani herdsmen, targeting villagers and massacring them in large numbers? Where on earth will you find a country whose president is more serious about pleasing foreign powers than alleviating the suffering of his people? He did not talk when bombs killed 9 in Maiduguri some weeks back but talked about missile attack in Saudi Arabia that killed no one. He did not talk when Shias were killed but condemned North Korea missile test. He does not talk when life is becoming unbearable to his people but talks about his surrealistic ambitions to help Africa get out of poverty. He praised himself for creating 250000 jobs when more than four millions people lost their jobs during his tenure. Where are the media? They are silent.
What angers me even more is the ways the media are reluctant to condemn his rudderless leadership and total disregard to the suffering of his people. The media have chosen to waste their readers' time hailing Chibok Girls and slain general at the detriment of millions who are dying of hungers, abandonment, marginalisation, persecutions and whatnot.

2 Likes

Re: Hidden Truth About The Killing Of Nigerian Soldiers By Bokoharam by ayanfe15(m): 12:48am On Nov 09, 2016
[color=#006600][/color] FTC, OSCOHTECH@40
Re: Hidden Truth About The Killing Of Nigerian Soldiers By Bokoharam by mej67: 1:49am On Nov 09, 2016
IPOB yoot?
Re: Hidden Truth About The Killing Of Nigerian Soldiers By Bokoharam by opethom(m): 2:14am On Nov 09, 2016
i'm not understanding
Re: Hidden Truth About The Killing Of Nigerian Soldiers By Bokoharam by antosly(m): 3:01am On Nov 09, 2016
#Haiku haiku....What else do you expect from the media? when they av been closed-mouthed as a result of entrepreneural government. It really reflect the war against corruption (irony) and hypocritical governance, where truth is being considered as jingles by the masses.
Re: Hidden Truth About The Killing Of Nigerian Soldiers By Bokoharam by Caseless: 3:21am On Nov 09, 2016
What are you saying?
Re: Hidden Truth About The Killing Of Nigerian Soldiers By Bokoharam by dprof2016: 3:35am On Nov 09, 2016
From all indications dis govt has failed in al aspects.

(1) (Reply)

Ondo Governor-elect,Akeredolu Of APC,Thanks His People Following His Victory(pic / El-zakzaky’s Detention Capable Of Breeding Another Boko Haram – Court Tells FG / Court Update: Nnamdi Kanu Vs Fg

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.