Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,079 members, 7,880,374 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 05:00 PM

Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional For Today - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional For Today (313 Views)

Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional For Today / Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional For Today / Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional For Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional For Today by Skyfornia(m): 6:13am On Nov 09, 2016
RHAPSODY OF REALITIES DAILY DEVOTIONAL

WEDNESDAY, 9TH NOVEMBER.

THEME: BEHOLDING YOURSELF IN HIM.

OPENING SCRIPTURE: But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord (2 Corinthians 3:18).

“Glass” as used in the verse above is the Greek “katoptrizomai” and it means to mirror oneself. The Word of God is the mirror of God that reflects the real you, and that real you is the glory of God. This is what Paul explains by the Spirit; he says we’re transformed into what we see as we study and meditate on the Word.

The glory of the Word is an ever-increasing glory. The NIV says, “And we all, who with unveiled faces contemplate the Lord’s glory, are being transformed into his image with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit.” As you look, you see more glory; and the result is that you become the image (the “more glory”) that you see. Hallelujah.

James 1:23 says, “For if any be a hearer of the word, and not a doer, he is like unto a man beholding his natural face in a glass.” Your job is to keep beholding (looking) at the glory of God in a mirror. Hold that mirror before you all the time, and surely, the Word will cause a transformation in your life. It’ll change your state and install you in your “estate.”

This is what you need, if you’ve been trying to break certain unwholesome habits. Don’t say, “I’m working on changing,” no; don’t work on changing; just do what God says, and the change will take place. Keep studying and meditating on the Word and you’ll be metamorphosed—changed—from glory to glory; it’s an extraordinary ministry of the Word of God in our spirits.

The more you behold Him in the Word, the more you see that you’re exactly like Him. No wonder He tells us, “...as He is, so are we in this world” (1 John 4:17). Use the mirror of God every day. Look at yourself in the Word and see yourself in Him.

PRAYER
Dear Father, I thank you for the ministry of your Word in my life. As I contemplate your Word today, your glory and power are revealed and released in my spirit. I’m transfigured from glory to glory, in ever- increasing splendour, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
2 Corinthians 3:18 AMP And we all, with unveiled face, continually seeing as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are progressively being transformed into His image from [one degree of] glory to [even more] glory, which comes from the Lord, [who is] the Spirit.

Joshua 1:8 This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success.

1-YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN
Hebrews 9:1-10 Lamentations 1-2
2-YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN
2 Peter 1:1-12 Ezekiel 40

(1) (Reply)

The Sweet Old Fisherman / Does God Want You To Be Rich? Is Seeking Wealth Biblical? / Miracle-producing Obedience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.