Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,586 members, 7,881,987 topics. Date: Saturday, 06 July 2024 at 01:15 PM

Process Of Buying Land In Nigeria - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Process Of Buying Land In Nigeria (20869 Views)

The 10 Commandments Of Buying Land In Nigeria / Pitfalls To Avoid When Buying Land / CONSTRUCTION PROCESS OF TERRACE BUILDING &BLOCK OF FLAT AT LEKKI (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Process Of Buying Land In Nigeria by gbengaijot(m): 2:21pm On Jan 04, 2007
I am new to the real estate industry in Nigeria. I am interested in buying a piece of land in ILESA Osun State, and probably another one in Sango Ota in Ogun state.( cheap ones o, not too expensive)

I need information on the process of how to buy a land.

What are the main dealings, do i need to sign some papers, do i need to hire a lawyer to be a witness?, what about C of O?, what are the process involved.

Please do post your suggestions and tutorials on here. I'll appreciate all efforts.
Re: Process Of Buying Land In Nigeria by money22(m): 3:38pm On Jan 04, 2007
Welcome to the real estate world.
The first thing you need to know is,
before you can venture into acquiring properties,  consult the experts in the industry. consult the REAL registered Estate Surveyors they are alll around you. but I you can get any around cosult Adegbonmire & Associates (21, Ladipo oluwole off Adeniyi Jones Avenue, ikeja Lagos.) or call them on 012711052, 014353500, 08023229287.
I know they'll be of help.

remember to search the land's document you are buying at the State secretariat to know the origin owner
Re: Process Of Buying Land In Nigeria by gbengaijot(m): 4:52pm On Jan 04, 2007
I need one local to me either in Osogbo or ilesa or something.

How do i check at the secretariat?,

What other things do i need to do??/

Any suggestions?
Re: Process Of Buying Land In Nigeria by hbrednic: 6:40pm On Jan 17, 2007
all you need is your money at hand, good estate agent and a very good lawyer chikena!!!
Re: Process Of Buying Land In Nigeria by gbengaijot(m): 6:02pm On Jan 19, 2007
I dont get your point, i want to know every detail of it,

Like, what does the estate agent does?, what if i want to buy from an individual who want to sell on?,
Re: Process Of Buying Land In Nigeria by igbonla(m): 3:04pm On Apr 18, 2007
Re: Process Of Buying Land In Nigeria by haywhy(m): 4:38pm On Apr 18, 2007
Hi ya, I'll appreciate it if igbola with due respect could give me an idea of the price of land at the GRA in Ibadan both land plus the one that has a house an how to go about it. I know you might not want to be precise but please just give me an idea of the price plus securities and beniefits you think it has over others. Thanks
Re: Process Of Buying Land In Nigeria by igbonla(m): 7:19pm On Apr 18, 2007
Re: Process Of Buying Land In Nigeria by haywhy(m): 3:30pm On Apr 19, 2007
Thank you very much. Your post has given me an idea of what to spend but how about security and some basic infracstructures? Is there any preference of how better those estates are. I know Oluyole but I don't know much of extension except for Nickdel private school. I was once told that its possible to get a land at Agodi estate with ready made C/O because its a government land. Please enlighten me! Once again, thanks alot.
Re: Process Of Buying Land In Nigeria by igbonla(m): 10:32pm On Apr 19, 2007

1 Like

Re: Process Of Buying Land In Nigeria by haywhy(m): 3:06am On Apr 21, 2007
Can someone tell me how I can show my appreciation to a patriotic Nigerian! Thanks a great deal
Re: Process Of Buying Land In Nigeria by igbonla(m): 9:24pm On May 08, 2007
Whatever we can do to help.

You are welcome all the time!
Re: Process Of Buying Land In Nigeria by werty: 6:33pm On May 11, 2007
Good day all, everyone here seems to be very smart on real estate, cool that's reall cool. I would like to seek the advice of anyone that can help me. Buying a ready made home Vs. Building a home which do you think is more efficient in general? What is the process of getting a home loan?
Re: Process Of Buying Land In Nigeria by ell77(f): 12:26pm On May 28, 2007
Please check out my post. I am doing research so that I will soon give mortgage and real estate opportunities to people who want to buy a home in Nigeria, both abroad and in Nigeria. The rates and prices will be clear when I start it. But first I need to research the property market. this is only my preliminary research. I am trying to make a change!

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-55819.0.html
Re: Process Of Buying Land In Nigeria by darami(f): 1:05am On Sep 14, 2007
IGBONLA
Pls, how much do you think commercial land in area such as Iyaganku, Alalubosa or any nice neighbourhood in ibadan will cost . thank you
Re: Process Of Buying Land In Nigeria by raffite: 5:22pm On Mar 28, 2008
We buy, We sell and We manage Land and Houses. CALL: 08035070731 OR 08057403937 NOW!

A piece of Land measuring approximately Seven Thousand Three Hundred and Eighty-Nine square meters (7389m2) located at NigerCat area in Ekpan, DELTA STATE: suitable for church site or campground, school or corporate residential quarters. Contact the mandated or authorized real estate broker, Sheriff Abugu on 08035070731.

NOTE: 100×100 ft sq units and 100×50 ft sq units are also available at the same location
Re: Process Of Buying Land In Nigeria by igbonla(m): 8:00pm On Mar 30, 2008
Re: Process Of Buying Land In Nigeria by clive: 5:12pm On Apr 06, 2008
Igbonla

Please, can you shed more lights into how much a plot of land is going for around the airport in Ibadan, who are the people selling lands there, (govts/omooniles).
Is the airport going to be upgraded to international soon?
Thanks.
Re: Process Of Buying Land In Nigeria by cemyke: 5:03pm On Dec 06, 2010
I WANT TO SELL MY PROPERTY LOCATED AT OGBA AYO IJOKO,SANGO OTA,OGUN STATE AT THE RATE OF 3,000,000.OO NAIRA 12 rooms uncompleted house We CAN EVEN DISCUSS ABOUT THE PRICE ON PHONE AS WELL CONTACT ME ON 07040597253 ASK FOR OLATUNJI EMMANUEL YOU CAN ALSO CONTACT ME THROUGH MY EMAIL, (cemykebanks@gmail.com) the 3 million naira his the last prices and i want to sell it urgent within 2 weeks?
for serious buyers send me mail to my email address or contact me on my phone?

best regard
olatunji emmanuel
Re: Process Of Buying Land In Nigeria by gogomotet: 12:12pm On May 22, 2012
I have a plot of land to sell in abacha in along ezinimo-eziowelle road in idemili north of Anambra state. Abacha is a well and peaceful community in Anambra and the area will be suitable for any agricultural activity or any commercial activity and the price is affordable you just need to contact me on 07034498590 or on e-mail gogoreigns@gmail.com. Rush now is a good offer
Re: Process Of Buying Land In Nigeria by vmp: 11:16pm On Nov 20, 2012
929 square meters located at azagba just 2 minutes from asaba airport delta state for N300,000 and 3700 square meter same location for N1.2m we have over 100 hectare for sale there. Another 100x100ft with cofo in GRA Asaba for N5.5m. For more info pls call +2348160182087
Re: Process Of Buying Land In Nigeria by donpy(m): 6:36pm On May 14, 2013
I am an estate agent in Abeokuta, Ogun state..Need plots,acres,hectares of land within abeokuta region of ogun state please contact me on 08166070590 or bb pin on 6565
Curently available are 6Acres of land along alabata road after Funaab(federal university if agriculture abeokuta)
Re: Process Of Buying Land In Nigeria by donpy(m): 6:40pm On May 14, 2013
I am an estate agent in Abeokuta, Ogun state..Need plots,acres,hectares of land within abeokuta region of ogun state please contact me on 08166070590 or bb pin on 27276563
Curently available are 6Acres of land along alabata road after Funaab(federal university if agriculture abeokuta)
67.7hectares Estate land along alabata road also
192acres at sabo after lafenwa abeokuta town
20acres just after federal college of education osiele
Several acres of land at mauko
Re: Process Of Buying Land In Nigeria by Macanthony1: 2:13pm On Jun 01, 2013
I have about 17 plots of land for sale at Akpuoga Nike Enugu close to NNPC DEPOT Enugu.Anyone interested can contact me via my mobile 08064110989
Re: Process Of Buying Land In Nigeria by obanlaIsaiah(m): 10:35pm On Jun 08, 2013
There are acres of land at Ajah, Agara,Sango ota with genuine documents call Obanla Isaiah on 08035363579
Re: Process Of Buying Land In Nigeria by godknows79: 9:26am On Jul 09, 2014
Hi gud fellow! Pls just new here grin am planning to
Build a 4 bed duplex on a 1 plot of land in lagos and
I would like to do german floor . Pls can any1 tell me the exactly amount am gonna spend on the german floor? Thanks for your respond!
God b with us.
Re: Process Of Buying Land In Nigeria by ikomi2014: 3:29pm On Sep 15, 2014
Goodday Igbonla,

Please I'm looking at getting a plot of land at ikorodu part of ogun state, Ogijo, gbaga. And there's an agent that wants to sell to me but he claims the land is an estate, but wen I got to the site there was no claim of the location being an estate. So please kindly advise me and also I would like to know if it's possible for me to get any lands for sale (Ofada,Simawa, et'al). Price range should be between 150 - 350 Full plt or Half plot.

Kind Regards,
Emmanuel
Re: Process Of Buying Land In Nigeria by MrMcJay(m): 3:59pm On Sep 15, 2014
ikomi2014: Goodday Igbonla,

Please I'm looking at getting a plot of land at ikorodu part of ogun state, Ogijo, gbaga. And there's an agent that wants to sell to me but he claims the land is an estate, but wen I got to the site there was no claim of the location being an estate. So please kindly advise me and also I would like to know if it's possible for me to get any lands for sale (Ofada,Simawa, et'al). Price range should be between 150 - 350 Full plt or Half plot.

Kind Regards,
Emmanuel

Very simple. If the land is indeed an estate, ask the Agent to show you the layout of the estate and/or the perimeter survey of the land. If he claims to have none of these, ask him for a copy of the Deed of Assignment with which the land was bought or the Power of Attorney with which the land came into their control. The documents should bear the name of the company promoting the estate as the Assignee or Donee as the case may be. If he has none of these, simply walk away.

Secondly, lands in those locations you stated have gone far above the price you are stating here. Kindly increase your budget and buy a land with rest of mind. The truth is that you would very rarely get a genuine land in that area for that amount.

Cheers.
Re: Process Of Buying Land In Nigeria by smallvillekalel: 6:02pm On Feb 10, 2016
I am looking to buy land in Adamawa. Are there any estate agents or lawyers in that state available here, or does anyone here know of any I could get in touch with? Thanks in advance.
Re: Process Of Buying Land In Nigeria by teekares(m): 10:19pm On Jul 02, 2016
HOT SELLING
RICHLIFE ESTATE & GARDENS

* EWEKORO phase1 (beside larfarge staff Estate)
Survey and layout, global C of O
N300,000 per plot

* EWEKORO phase 2 (itori,onigbedu)
N300,000 per plot

* IMOTA IKORODU (beside yaba tech NUT co-operative Estate)
N500,000 per plot

* IBEJU-LEKKI phase 1 (Abuja Quaters)
Government gazzette
N1.5m per plot

* IBEJU-LEKKI phase 2 (elerangbe)
C of O
N2m per plot

To inspect and close call/whatsapp : +2347038469805

Urgent for sale
3 plots of land Fenced with gate at sango ota on the main road facing gateway hotel. N30m
With C of O and survey
For inspection and close call/whatsapp: +2347038469805
Re: Process Of Buying Land In Nigeria by Homeyfav: 5:42am On Mar 27, 2018
jjkoy]]809
Re: Process Of Buying Land In Nigeria by Homeyfav: 5:42am On Mar 27, 2018
Documents required for land purchase in Nigeria
https://www.landforsale.ng/documents-ask-buying-land-nigeria/

(1) (2) (Reply)

Many Trapped As 5-Storey Building Collapses In Onitsha, Anambra / ANOTHER REASON TO INVEST IN IBEJU LEKKI / Ikoyi Urgent Sale: 2Storey Building Having 6nôs Well Finished Flats

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.