Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,217 members, 7,880,801 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 07:09 AM

Etisalat Flash Fiction Contest- PAPA - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Etisalat Flash Fiction Contest- PAPA (480 Views)

Flash Fiction Contest / The Etisalat Flash Fiction Contest- BURSTED / The Etisalat Flash Fiction Contest Has Started. These Are My 7 Best Stories (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Etisalat Flash Fiction Contest- PAPA by Aurora007: 10:42am On Nov 09, 2016
[size=13pt]PAPA[/size]

He walked into the dimly lighted room looking like a stranger; Old age had worn off the handsome and strong man he used to be, and begged for forgiveness. As i lifted my eyes to see the haggard looking man in front of me. I sighed, hmmmm; this is my father, rather was my father.

Papa was my model and friend, and life was a fairy tale until Papa put our housemaid in the family way twenty years ago and everything went southwards from thence. Papa had thereafter abandoned us and treated us like trash leaving my mother to struggle in fending for our needs.

As I looked at my father begging me, memories of the pain flashed past, and the familiar voices which had echoed in my head in time past, now seemed to form a chorus akin to a funeral dirge, each voice screaming to find expression through my eyes. And like a puppet obeying his master, the waterworks started, and the tears rolled down my cheeks, each drop painting a picture of the life I yearned to live all this while; a life filled with memories of my father and i in a loving relationship.

When I finally opened my mouth, I looked at the stranger who was once my father, hugged him tightly and said; "Papa, I have forgiven you just as Christ had forgiven me". Relief flooded my face as I said this and I felt the pain which I had borne all the while fizzle away.

Finally when the night came, and i was about to sleep, recounting the events of the day; I looked at my three months old boy sleeping soundly and vowed silently to be a Man and a Father in the truest sense of the word.

Kindly click on this link to vote: https://prize.etisalat.com.ng/flash-fiction/voteall.php?id=2791
Thanks for your anticipated support.
Re: Etisalat Flash Fiction Contest- PAPA by HelenaG(f): 1:33am On Nov 12, 2016
Would you be interested in exchanging votes?

(1) (Reply)

Entries In The Etisalat Flash Fiction Awards / The Chain Series: It Doesn't Matter / Top Five Publishing Firms In Nigeria For The Year 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.