Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,970 members, 7,873,112 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 08:15 AM

Why Senate Suspended Bills On Grazing reserve - Ekweremadu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Senate Suspended Bills On Grazing reserve - Ekweremadu (771 Views)

Real Reasons Why Senate Moves Against Osinbajo / Ekiti Conducts Public Hearing On Grazing Bill,Plans To Build Cattle Ranches(pics / BAN ON GRAZING: AFENIFERE BACKS FAYOSE (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Senate Suspended Bills On Grazing reserve - Ekweremadu by sirequity(m): 1:26pm On Nov 09, 2016
THE Senate on Wednesday stepped down three bills on grazing reserve due to claims by the Deputy Senate President, Ike Ekweremadu, that the National Assembly lacks power to legislate on the issue.

The bills are‎: The establishment of grazing areas Management Agency and other related matters; An Act to provide for the establishment of National Ranches Commission for Regulation, Management, Preservation and Control of Ranches and for connected purposes; and A bill for an Act to control the keeping and movement of cattle in Nigeria and for related matters.

During the debates on the three bills, Ekweremadu raised a point of order informing the lawmakers that the National Assembly lacks the power to legislate on grazing reserves bills.

According to him: “We don’t have power on grazing reserves bills.

“It is under the purview of the states.

“It is not in the exclusive list.

“The bill should be withdrawn.

“I challenge anybody to show me the exclusive list where it is under the purview of the National Assembly to legislate on that matter.”

After the Point of Order, the Senate President, Dr. Abubakar Bukola Saraki, advised the sponsors of the bills to withdraw them for further consultation.

http://www.socialtimesng.com/2016/11/why-senate-suspended-bills-on-grazing-reserve-ekweremadu/

Lalasticlala

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Senate Suspended Bills On Grazing reserve - Ekweremadu by IykeChukz(m): 1:29pm On Nov 09, 2016
All I can say is God bless you Sen. Ike...

The real son of the soil!

Odogwu One!!!

6 Likes

Re: Why Senate Suspended Bills On Grazing reserve - Ekweremadu by PARAHH(f): 1:34pm On Nov 09, 2016
Hmmmm
Re: Why Senate Suspended Bills On Grazing reserve - Ekweremadu by Agbaletu: 1:49pm On Nov 09, 2016
Thank you Senator Ekweremadu.

Ekiti State has already dealt with it.

2 Likes

Re: Why Senate Suspended Bills On Grazing reserve - Ekweremadu by Nobody: 1:53pm On Nov 09, 2016
where is ugwuanyi d clueless governor. you better act now

1 Like

Re: Why Senate Suspended Bills On Grazing reserve - Ekweremadu by oooppp4: 2:59pm On Nov 09, 2016
odogwu ekweremmadu may your days be long dike nwafor igbo
Re: Why Senate Suspended Bills On Grazing reserve - Ekweremadu by Nobody: 3:00pm On Nov 09, 2016
Re: Why Senate Suspended Bills On Grazing reserve - Ekweremadu by kcnwaigbo: 3:20pm On Nov 09, 2016
God bless you Senator Ike Ekweremadu.I am surprised he was the only southern senator who spoke on this issue!! I expected them to raise enough dust on it
Re: Why Senate Suspended Bills On Grazing reserve - Ekweremadu by Decodedp: 4:16pm On Nov 09, 2016
This uppercut is superb.

That's how it should be done.

No wonder he said: until the bill is presented...

IKEOHA 1 n'Igbo n'ile. U have my vote any day.

(1) (Reply)

Photos: Edo State Governor Godwin Obaseki Announces New Appointments / You Have No Power To Stop Trial Of Arrested Judges, Buhari Tells Court / We Serving God, Yet Sufferness Deepens In Nigeria - Pastor Revelation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.