Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,993 members, 7,976,751 topics. Date: Wednesday, 16 October 2024 at 12:44 PM

Donald Trump Victory: Nigerians Remind Wole Soyinka To Tear US Green Card - - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Donald Trump Victory: Nigerians Remind Wole Soyinka To Tear US Green Card - (378 Views)

Buhari Personal Assistant Congratulate Sheriff On Victory: Nigerians React / Akeredolu Pictured Laughing After His Victory, Nigerians React / Omokri To Soyinka: Think Twice Before Tearing Your US Green Card (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Donald Trump Victory: Nigerians Remind Wole Soyinka To Tear US Green Card - by thebestprice(m): 4:36pm On Nov 09, 2016
Nigeria’s Nobel literature laureate Wole Soyinka has said that he would cut up his green card if United States presidential hopeful Donald Trump wins the US presidency, BBC reports.
Soyinka is currently a scholar-in-residence at New York University’s Institute of African American Affairs.
Speaking at the Oxford University in London, Soyinka said it was highly “unlikely that Trump would win the upcomin elections”.
He, however, cautioned that if he did, the “first thing he’ll do is to say [that] all green card holders must reapply to come into the US.
“Well, I am not waiting for that. The moment they announce his victory, I will cut my green card myself and start packing up,” Soyinka was quoted as saying.
The Republican leader is expected to take on the Democrats candidate Hillary Clinton on November 8.
Recent polling forecasts suggest the 70-year-old property mogul faces a battle to win enough states to secure an Electoral College victory over his Democratic rival.
But he received a boost on Tuesday when an ABC News/Washington Post tracking poll showed him leading Clinton by 46 to 45%. — News 24

(1) (Reply)

Trumping / Clinton Wanted To Edit The Bible / Atiku To Buhari You Have Not Defeated Boko Haram - CLICK: Http://w

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.