Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,107 members, 7,887,225 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 02:25 AM

BREAKING NEWS: Edo Deposes Monarch, As Residents Protest - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BREAKING NEWS: Edo Deposes Monarch, As Residents Protest (1690 Views)

Otodo Gbame Residents Protest At Governor Ambode's Office In Alausa (pics / Sapele Residents Protest With Generators On Their Heads Against Power OutagePICS / BREAKING: Edo Deposes Monarch, As Residents Protest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

BREAKING NEWS: Edo Deposes Monarch, As Residents Protest by NaijaHard(f): 8:53pm On Nov 09, 2016
Edo State Government said it has deposed a suspended monarch, Anselm Eidenojie, as the Ojuromi of Uromi, in Esan North-East Local Government Area of the state.

His dethronement was contained in a letter dated November 9, 2016, signed by the Secretary to the State Government, Prof. Julius Ihonvbere, and made available to journalists on Wednesday night.

This came a few days after Anselm Eidenojie had filed a suit at Benin High Court against Governor Adams Oshiomhole ‎and several others over his suspension, claiming an infringement on his fundamental human rights.

‎The suspended monarch, who added the Commissioner of Police, Assistant Inspector-General of Police, the Inspector-General of Police, Ms. Okoebor and one Matthew Okoebor, as respondents, has demanded a compensation of N1bn for damages.

Eidonojie had earlier been given a seven-day suspension by the state government for allegedly assaulting one Ms. Betty Okoebor, during the September 28 governorship election, sequel to his failure to respond to a query issued to him and travelling outside the country without permission.

He was later suspended for one year over alleged misconduct, among other offences.

The government statement entitled, “Deposition from office as Ojuromi of Uromi: Addendum,” reads in part, “Please, be informed that the initial exco decision of October 26, 2016, has been further affirmed.

“Consequently, you have been deposed as the Ojuromi of Uromi, pursuant to Section 28 (1 and II) of the Traditional Rulers and Chiefs Law, 1979.”

Meanwhile, it was learnt that the development sparked a protest by residents of Uromi town.

It was gathered that protesters, who marched round major roads in the area, described the ‎action of the state government as unacceptable.

http://www.naijahard.com/2016/11/breaking-edo-deposes-monarch-as.html

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Edo Deposes Monarch, As Residents Protest by collinometricx: 8:55pm On Nov 09, 2016
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Edo Deposes Monarch, As Residents Protest by fran6co(m): 8:55pm On Nov 09, 2016
k
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Edo Deposes Monarch, As Residents Protest by NaijaHard(f): 8:56pm On Nov 09, 2016
Read Am well
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Edo Deposes Monarch, As Residents Protest by AllTheWayUp: 9:05pm On Nov 09, 2016
Oshiomole has gone totally mad with less than 72 hours to the end of his administration, he is just witch hunting Esan people for 8 years for no reason
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Edo Deposes Monarch, As Residents Protest by NaijaHard(f): 9:06pm On Nov 09, 2016
AllTheWayUp:
Oshiomole has gone totally mad with less than 72 hours to the end of his administration, he is just witch hunting Esan people for 8 years for no reason

you correct man 'thumbs up' grin
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Edo Deposes Monarch, As Residents Protest by collinometricx: 9:10pm On Nov 09, 2016
Two of una nor well

NaijaHard:

you correct man 'thumbs up' grin
AllTheWayUp:
AllTheWayUp:
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Edo Deposes Monarch, As Residents Protest by oshiosense(m): 9:11pm On Nov 09, 2016
AllTheWayUp:
Shut up! The chief is an Enojie of Uromi; and not that of Esan.

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Edo Deposes Monarch, As Residents Protest by GBTYO: 9:15pm On Nov 09, 2016
Oshiomole is a reckless despot

This fredo look alike is the only civilian governor to test the limits of his powers since 1999 by signing death warrants of condemned prisoners. Now he has the audacity to suspend a tradional leader for opposing his stooge candidate that will soon be removed wether he or buhari likes it or not.

Pure Napoleon's complex worrying this short man devil.

But alas their journey ends
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Edo Deposes Monarch, As Residents Protest by NaijaHard(f): 9:18pm On Nov 09, 2016
oshiosense:
Shut up! The chief is an Enojie of Uromi; and not that of Esan.

undecided
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Edo Deposes Monarch, As Residents Protest by Nobody: 9:24pm On Nov 09, 2016
GBTYO:
Oshiomole is a reckless despot

This fredo look alike is the only civilian governor to test the limits of his powers since 1999 by signing death warrants of condemned prisoners. Now he has the audacity to suspend a tradional leader for opposing his stooge candidate that will soon be removed wether he or buhari likes it or not.

Pure Napoleon's complex worrying this short man devil.

But alas their journey ends

i would have love to call you a goat undecided but i'd just let you wallow in ignorance
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Edo Deposes Monarch, As Residents Protest by GBTYO: 9:27pm On Nov 09, 2016
AnthonioAlsaid:

i would have love to call you a goat undecided but i'd just let you wallow in ignorance

Your views, your opinions, not my concern

Go and drink bleach first
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Edo Deposes Monarch, As Residents Protest by Qmerit(m): 9:29pm On Nov 09, 2016
AllTheWayUp:

Eyeah sorry oh.
Not all Esan people speak for yourself pls.
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Edo Deposes Monarch, As Residents Protest by AllTheWayUp: 9:46pm On Nov 09, 2016
collinometricx:
Two of una nor well

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Edo Deposes Monarch, As Residents Protest by collinometricx: 9:49pm On Nov 09, 2016
Is it ur own that I am usinq?

[quote author=AllTheWayUp post=50907572][/quote]
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Edo Deposes Monarch, As Residents Protest by iokpebholo: 10:03pm On Nov 09, 2016
Well as far as mysef and other good ppl of uromi are concerned anslem eidenojie still remain our king.its hereditary so cannot be deposed.but for all those commenting online pls don't believe what u hear on social media,go to uromi and get d true picture of things,my onojie did not assault any woman its just cos he never supported obaseki.and as for d okoebor family we shall see
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Edo Deposes Monarch, As Residents Protest by Richy4(m): 10:05pm On Nov 09, 2016
The aspect of traveling without permission cracked me up....it kinda reminds me of my boarding school days.....
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Edo Deposes Monarch, As Residents Protest by Nobody: 10:34pm On Nov 09, 2016
GBTYO:

Your views, your opinions, not my concern

Go and drink bleach first

i'm sorry about the goat thing you more of a RAM grin

of course it's my opinion and it's says YOU A STUPID RETAR..TED HUNK OF FLEA BAIT undecided

don't quote me cause i'm going to bed now and won't have your time tomorrow cool

"meanwhile" thanks for the recommendation i'm really enjoying it wink wink wink

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Edo Deposes Monarch, As Residents Protest by GBTYO: 10:36pm On Nov 09, 2016
AnthonioAlsaid:

i'm sorry about the goat thing you more of a RAM grin

of course it's my opinion and it's says YOU A STUPID RETAR..TED HUNK OF FLEA BAIT undecided

don't quote me cause i'm going to bed now and won't have your time tomorrow cool

"meanwhile" thanks for the recommendation i'm really enjoying it wink wink wink

Rip sweet prince

(1) (Reply)

Why Biafra Will Never Succeed / Wife Stabs Husband To Death For Having A Child Outside Their Marriage(pics) / Jonathan, Others Behind Ipob, No Nation, Not Nigeria Will Allow This - Minister

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.