Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,163 members, 7,887,391 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 08:07 AM

My Car Has Been Packed For 4 Months- What To Do Before Starting It Up Again - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Car Has Been Packed For 4 Months- What To Do Before Starting It Up Again (15342 Views)

Toyota’s New Self-driving Car Has Two Steering / Exotic Cars Packed In An Old House. Photo Shared By Yomi Casual / What Do You Do If Your Car Has No Custom Papers. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Car Has Been Packed For 4 Months- What To Do Before Starting It Up Again by steveyen(m): 9:44am On Nov 11, 2016
Folks,

I have been outta town for over 4 months now. My car has been parked for those months, though I removed the battery.

Please is there anything I need to do before starting the car again?

Just afraid if i turn the ignition something might go wrong having being parked for such number of months.

I will appreciate your nuggets on this.

Thanks all in advance.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Car Has Been Packed For 4 Months- What To Do Before Starting It Up Again by Benikuuse(m): 9:59am On Nov 11, 2016
Just Change The Engine Oil Before Trying To Start It, And If The Battery Is Donw Charge It That Is All

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Car Has Been Packed For 4 Months- What To Do Before Starting It Up Again by steveyen(m): 10:15am On Nov 11, 2016
Benikuuse:
Just Change The Engine Oil Before Trying To Start It, And If The Battery Is Donw Charge It That Is All

Thanks so much
Re: My Car Has Been Packed For 4 Months- What To Do Before Starting It Up Again by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:08pm On Nov 11, 2016
check coolant, check brake oil, check engine oil, check harness, pray that rodents have not feasted on your wiring, start car drive off.........

Then start listing the issues u noticed here grin

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Car Has Been Packed For 4 Months- What To Do Before Starting It Up Again by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:08pm On Nov 11, 2016
engine oil drains better when hot.

10 Likes

Re: My Car Has Been Packed For 4 Months- What To Do Before Starting It Up Again by Nobody: 6:36am On Nov 13, 2016
Ha! shocked
Did you say 4 months shocked shocked shocked
You better call TB Joshua, Adeboye, Oyedepo and the rest to rain prayers on it before entering the car.
It's possible that Awon aye has been doing meeting on it. grin

19 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Car Has Been Packed For 4 Months- What To Do Before Starting It Up Again by Tyche(m): 6:38am On Nov 13, 2016
A thread so timely in nature. Mine is 2 months and counting.
Ayam just here to see comments grin

6 Likes

Re: My Car Has Been Packed For 4 Months- What To Do Before Starting It Up Again by bangging(m): 6:40am On Nov 13, 2016
steveyen:
Folks,

I have been outta town for over 4 months now. My car has been parked for those months, though I removed the battery.

Just afraid if i turn the ignition something might go wrong having being parked for such number of months.

Thanks all in advance.
sell the car, then strat it again... I was expecting som1 to say my wife as finish brakefast come and join us...

2 Likes

Re: My Car Has Been Packed For 4 Months- What To Do Before Starting It Up Again by seyicrown2008: 6:43am On Nov 13, 2016
GAZZUZZ:
engine oil drains better when hot.
that is the best so that the Viscosity will come out
Re: My Car Has Been Packed For 4 Months- What To Do Before Starting It Up Again by tjfulloption(m): 6:44am On Nov 13, 2016
check the radiator water, change the engine oil and also if the battery is weak charge it, with this you can drive your car and we that have not buy car, may God Almighty give us the strength to do so. amin

67 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Car Has Been Packed For 4 Months- What To Do Before Starting It Up Again by paschal47(m): 6:46am On Nov 13, 2016
change oil, check battery, if you've done that, start the car and zoom off
Re: My Car Has Been Packed For 4 Months- What To Do Before Starting It Up Again by dragnet: 6:47am On Nov 13, 2016
steveyen:
Folks,

Thanks all in advance.

Lol...are you scared that it'll explode?
check around for exposed wires, rats may have chewed some.

1 Like

Re: My Car Has Been Packed For 4 Months- What To Do Before Starting It Up Again by efilefun(m): 6:49am On Nov 13, 2016
Who else noticed the increase in numbers of front page TOPICS with grammatical errors in the past few days cry angry shocked

35 Likes

Re: My Car Has Been Packed For 4 Months- What To Do Before Starting It Up Again by africanusvu(m): 6:53am On Nov 13, 2016
I parkd mine and went for NYSC in gembu.came bak after 1yr and went for job hunt for 6 months.i came bak open my car turnd the ignition.and off i zoomed.

14 Likes

Re: My Car Has Been Packed For 4 Months- What To Do Before Starting It Up Again by kckings250: 6:57am On Nov 13, 2016
Can this be real..
Re: My Car Has Been Packed For 4 Months- What To Do Before Starting It Up Again by Nobody: 6:58am On Nov 13, 2016
just check d water level, brake oil then u can start the engine and drive off to your automechanic to change the oil...that's if rats have not eaten up some wires.

1 Like

Re: My Car Has Been Packed For 4 Months- What To Do Before Starting It Up Again by austinbrown: 6:59am On Nov 13, 2016
Take it to alaoji and change the gear box

3 Likes

Re: My Car Has Been Packed For 4 Months- What To Do Before Starting It Up Again by africanusvu(m): 7:00am On Nov 13, 2016
And u av to visit nairaland b4 u start u car? FREE MB WAHALA

2 Likes

Re: My Car Has Been Packed For 4 Months- What To Do Before Starting It Up Again by power900: 7:02am On Nov 13, 2016
efilefun:
Who else noticed the increase in numbers of front page TOPICS with grammatical errors in the past few days cry angry shocked
that makes us two grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
packed like a pack of wolves grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

8 Likes

Re: My Car Has Been Packed For 4 Months- What To Do Before Starting It Up Again by DEIFIED(m): 7:07am On Nov 13, 2016
Just start it nah, if it doesn't start call people to help you push it.

3 Likes

Re: My Car Has Been Packed For 4 Months- What To Do Before Starting It Up Again by huntax(m): 7:11am On Nov 13, 2016
africanusvu:
I parkd mine and went for NYSC in gembu.came bak after 1yr and went for job hunt for 6 months.i came bak open my car turnd the ignition.and off i zoomed.
please share with us, your Gembu experience. I also served in Taraba but didn't have the pleasure of visiting that cold region. Most especially, how bad is the road leading to Gembu.
Re: My Car Has Been Packed For 4 Months- What To Do Before Starting It Up Again by Phi001(m): 7:13am On Nov 13, 2016
power900:
that makes us two grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
packed like a pack of wolves grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
I only noticed it when that guy pointed it out ooo...

It's like my eyes have an auto correct feature...

3 Likes

Re: My Car Has Been Packed For 4 Months- What To Do Before Starting It Up Again by kogirodent: 7:15am On Nov 13, 2016
africanusvu:
Taraba corper how far?
Re: My Car Has Been Packed For 4 Months- What To Do Before Starting It Up Again by Ayanko(m): 7:18am On Nov 13, 2016
Just do the normal checking, start your it's good to run but, it you which to change the oil you have to start the engine drive it around for few minutes so all the oil can drain on when you want to do so. Good luck.
Re: My Car Has Been Packed For 4 Months- What To Do Before Starting It Up Again by Dantee005(m): 7:18am On Nov 13, 2016
No offense meant O.p but I think u should have simply asked for advice from a professional Nt an online forum...... undecided

2 Likes

Re: My Car Has Been Packed For 4 Months- What To Do Before Starting It Up Again by pointstores(m): 7:19am On Nov 13, 2016
cool
Re: My Car Has Been Packed For 4 Months- What To Do Before Starting It Up Again by lordyugo: 7:21am On Nov 13, 2016
steveyen:
Folks,

Thanks all in advance.

depends on d state it was before u parked it and the car model cos older models might be affected.
let it steam for awhile, chk for rodents cos they might hv tampered with the car wirings nd stuff then change d oil too cos its bn sitting for too long
Re: My Car Has Been Packed For 4 Months- What To Do Before Starting It Up Again by 99foxxy(f): 7:24am On Nov 13, 2016
Engine oil level, check radiator water and finally your battery charged that's all.
Re: My Car Has Been Packed For 4 Months- What To Do Before Starting It Up Again by stpat1(m): 7:27am On Nov 13, 2016
I parked mine for 2 months, came back and the battery was DEAD.
Any explanation for this.
Re: My Car Has Been Packed For 4 Months- What To Do Before Starting It Up Again by pressplay411(m): 7:37am On Nov 13, 2016
steveyen:
Folks,

Thanks all in advance.

Call your pastor first.
Which kain question is this for Christ sake?

1 Like

Re: My Car Has Been Packed For 4 Months- What To Do Before Starting It Up Again by Exponental(m): 7:39am On Nov 13, 2016
stpat1:
I parked mine for 2 months, came back and the battery was DEAD.
Any explanation for this.
Yoir connected battery was active without a recharge.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

FRSC Releases Guidelines For July 1st Enforcement Of Psychiatric Test / This Rolls-royce Phantom Has A Twin-charged 2JZ / This Honda's Sports EV Concept Is An Old-School Electric S2000 Sports Car

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.