Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,187,631 members, 7,932,862 topics. Date: Tuesday, 27 August 2024 at 01:57 PM

The Menace Called Jungle Justice. - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / The Menace Called Jungle Justice. (637 Views)

JUNGLE JUSTICE: How I Would've Been Burnt For A Crime I Knew Nothing About / How I Saved A Girl From Jungle Justice In Onitsha - Henry Ikenna Ugwu / Ghanaian Female Soldiers Pose With A Python In The Jungle (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Menace Called Jungle Justice. by fyneboi79(m): 10:45am On Nov 11, 2016
The occurrence of jungle justice in the Nigerian society has become rather alarming.A fact I took into cognizance after I watched the Aba horror video of that accused woman been assaulted physically and sexually by hordes of men who have obviously done worse things in their lives.
Please Don't get me wrong,I am not and will never be a supporter of evil deeds but:

*let's consider that those people have families who would suffer the stigma of the viral videos afterwards. Children inclusive.

*let's also consider that innocent people may have died due to jungle justice and more innocent people will still die in future if not curbed.

I watched the video in shock,but alas I realized that only an untamed animal will kill one of its kind. Jungle justice is crude,evil and demonic. I could see horror in the poor womans eyes as she was visibly terrified. they ripped her clothes off first thing and I ask,what good does it do to see her unclothedness?
This act of stripping minor offenders actually started from the villages as a way of embarrassing a thief so that he or she doesn't go back to that crime excluding physical assault. And if the offense is much, the person is entirely banished. There was no beating and death involved. So where did this habit come from? Most of the men were trying to poke fingers into her vagina. So how is that punishment for her supposed crime? Are we now going to indirectly encourage rape by letting this go on? I mean it could be possible that she was just seen talking to the culprits before their escape and that was it! Guilty!
We all have family, friends and neighbours who might be criminals we don't know yet or haven't you heard cases where people are arrested just because their phone number was found on the contact list of an arrested suspected criminal? My people it is better to let a guilty person escape judgment than to punish an innocent person.
Below I suggest ways the Nigeria justice department can curb the menace called jungle justice.

Let's:

1.Make it a criminal offense to upload videos of offensive origin(sex and torture videos)to also stem the tide of blackmails arising from love relationships. And if you have a video of genuine origin which people must see,a permit should be obtained before posting it online. Anything short of this would be seen as a breech of national security.

2. Give out money incentives to whoever person or group of persons who turns in such minor offenders who would be lynched or burnt to death to the police or appropriate authorities.

With these steps I guess the offender would become an integral part of a catch and hand over policy for social miscreants who would have killed them gruesomely. Except maybe the justice system cannot accommodate the offenders.

1 Like

Re: The Menace Called Jungle Justice. by Nobody: 10:47am On Nov 11, 2016
I have campaigned for this no way...
Mods the needful
Slyr0x adewasco2k Sissie , mukina2 Dominique, lalasticlala, mynd44 OAM4J FOD , puskin, Seun MissyB3 , Fynestboi , ijebabe naijacutee Ishilove
Re: The Menace Called Jungle Justice. by fyneboi79(m): 12:36pm On Nov 11, 2016
Save a soul today....Your family or friend might be next. #Stopjunglejusticenow#

1 Like

Re: The Menace Called Jungle Justice. by fyneboi79(m): 6:30am On Nov 12, 2016
Save a soul today....Your family or friend might be next. #Stopjunglejusticenow##

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

. / Is This Picture True About APC /PDP Christmas / The Crucial Fight.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.