Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,173 members, 7,913,344 topics. Date: Wednesday, 07 August 2024 at 02:05 AM

Nigeria Made N70 Trillion From Oil In 15 Years, Where Did All The Money Go? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Made N70 Trillion From Oil In 15 Years, Where Did All The Money Go? (1389 Views)

"Steal Public Money, Go To Jail" - President Buhari Tells Nigerians / Quit Notice: I Have Been In Bosso For 45 Years, Where Do I Go? – Yoruba Leader / Senate Plans Law To Harvest 3 Trillion From Dormant Bank Accounts. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Made N70 Trillion From Oil In 15 Years, Where Did All The Money Go? by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:09pm On Nov 11, 2016
Nigeria made N70 trillion from oil in 15 years, where did all the money go?

Nigeria Made N70 Trillion From Oil In 15 Years, Where Did All That Money Go?
NOVEMBER 9, 2016 BY EDITOR

Waziri Adio, executive secretary of the Nigeria Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative (NEITI), says the country had no business going into recession with the huge revenue from oil from 1999 to 2014.

He said while the three tiers of government earned and shared N70 trillion oil and gas revenue during the period, there was no provision for savings.

He was speaking on Monday when he played host to members of the senate committee on federal character and inter-governmental affairs who were on an oversight visit to his office in Abuja.

Adio said it would be necessary for Nigeria to develop prudent spending to avoid lapsing into recession again. Read more here.

http://www.africanliberty.org/nigeria-made-n70-trillion-from-oil-in-15-years-where-did-all-that-money-go/

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Made N70 Trillion From Oil In 15 Years, Where Did All The Money Go? by richidinho(m): 7:14pm On Nov 11, 2016
Buhari spent $500m of it funding hilllary Clinton's campaign in far away Amelika

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Made N70 Trillion From Oil In 15 Years, Where Did All The Money Go? by Standing5(m): 7:16pm On Nov 11, 2016
Blame Buhari . . . He timetravel into the past and loot it.
Re: Nigeria Made N70 Trillion From Oil In 15 Years, Where Did All The Money Go? by Sibrah: 7:23pm On Nov 11, 2016
And some people are here foaming in the mouth because of N6Trillion budget.
Of interest is the fact we also spent over $200B to subsidize the dollar rate between 2002 and 2014. Today the govt is looking for even $1bn to stabilize dollar rate but . . . God help us.

But OP . . . That figure looks small.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Made N70 Trillion From Oil In 15 Years, Where Did All The Money Go? by MyGeneration(m): 7:38pm On Nov 11, 2016
Dubai, prost1tutes, shopping and houses.
Re: Nigeria Made N70 Trillion From Oil In 15 Years, Where Did All The Money Go? by HtwoOw: 7:43pm On Nov 11, 2016
Ask PDP
Re: Nigeria Made N70 Trillion From Oil In 15 Years, Where Did All The Money Go? by mrvitalis(m): 7:45pm On Nov 11, 2016
Corruption aside majority of the money was used to pay workers alone.. fedral workers collected over 30 trillion of that money. .. States workers will definitely earn more so whats is left? ?

Until we restructure our system and understand that our revenue is too small we won't move Forward

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Made N70 Trillion From Oil In 15 Years, Where Did All The Money Go? by muykem: 7:48pm On Nov 11, 2016
Direct your question to PDP especially GEJ. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Made N70 Trillion From Oil In 15 Years, Where Did All The Money Go? by Sibrah: 7:50pm On Nov 11, 2016
@mrvitalis, How can workers take N30Tr? Wage bill currently is ~N160B/Month. Plus I know it was increased during Yar'adua period.
Re: Nigeria Made N70 Trillion From Oil In 15 Years, Where Did All The Money Go? by mrvitalis(m): 8:30pm On Nov 11, 2016
Sibrah:
@mrvitalis, How can workers take N30Tr? Wage bill currently is ~N160B/Month. Plus I know it was increased during Yar'adua period.
And what dollars exchange was used to get the 70 trillion? ? All i am saying is this 80% of that money went to salaries

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Made N70 Trillion From Oil In 15 Years, Where Did All The Money Go? by Sibrah: 9:34pm On Nov 11, 2016
mrvitalis:

And what dollars exchange was used to get the 70 trillion? ? All i am saying is this 80% of that money went to salaries
Impossible.
Re: Nigeria Made N70 Trillion From Oil In 15 Years, Where Did All The Money Go? by mrvitalis(m): 9:39pm On Nov 11, 2016
Sibrah:
Impossible.
Lol
Re: Nigeria Made N70 Trillion From Oil In 15 Years, Where Did All The Money Go? by Moreoffaith(m): 10:12pm On Nov 11, 2016
You no hear say dem don use am clear grass,buy stove for women, buy phone for farmers so they can browse and see the latest fertilizer online, grazing, you can ask uncle Dasuki about the rest grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria Made N70 Trillion From Oil In 15 Years, Where Did All The Money Go? by Nobody: 10:22pm On Nov 11, 2016
Ask Jonathan
Re: Nigeria Made N70 Trillion From Oil In 15 Years, Where Did All The Money Go? by Flashh: 11:37pm On Nov 11, 2016
HtwoOw:
Ask PDP
You took this question outta my thumb.

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Made N70 Trillion From Oil In 15 Years, Where Did All The Money Go? by FastShipping: 11:41pm On Nov 11, 2016
richidinho:
Buhari spent $500m of it funding hilllary Clinton's campaign in far away Amelika

Why some of you thrive in falsehood?

Shameless human beings on this forum. And some kids are there looking up to you while you spread hate and lies in front of them everyday.

It is okay to be against Buhari but it is another thing to knowingly and wishfully spread such lies you and your fellow liars have been spreading all day. Go ahead and label me Buhari's supporter then may be, just maybe you can also check my past posts about my opposition to Buhari's government. One thing I won't do is to spread lies and falsehood like some of you do. You fight Buhari with facts. It is a s simple as that. Today if Buhari is not funding Hillary Clinton campaign, he is busy committing genocide somewhere in the country.

I refuse to align myself with liars who call themselves "opposition group".

SMH!

7 Likes

Re: Nigeria Made N70 Trillion From Oil In 15 Years, Where Did All The Money Go? by saintmark88(m): 12:47am On Nov 12, 2016
FastShipping:

Shameless human beings on this forum. And some kids are there looking up to you while you spread hate and lies in front of them everyday.

It is okay to be against Buhari but it is another thing to knowingly and wishfully spread such lies you and your fellow liars have been spreading all day. Go ahead and label me Buhari's supporter then may be, just maybe you can also check my past posts about my opposition to Buhari's government. One thing I won't do is to spread lies and falsehood like some of you do. You fight Buhari with facts. It is a s simple as that. Today if Buhari is not funding Hillary Clinton campaign, he is busy committing genocide somewhere in the country.

SMH!

Thank you my brother, dese guys are classless, they have gat no shame at all
Re: Nigeria Made N70 Trillion From Oil In 15 Years, Where Did All The Money Go? by RZArecta(m): 2:39am On Nov 12, 2016
Calculate how much you've gotten over the past 15 yrs i.e. from parents, siblings, hustling, runs, work etc

Where is the money today ?

PDP stole it cool

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Made N70 Trillion From Oil In 15 Years, Where Did All The Money Go? by Donshegxy10(m): 3:20am On Nov 12, 2016
richidinho:
Receive small sense in Jesus name.
meanwhile our leaders have been insensitive to the plight of the poor since time immemorial.
Re: Nigeria Made N70 Trillion From Oil In 15 Years, Where Did All The Money Go? by Zetra(m): 4:38am On Nov 12, 2016
1. Ask APC, I mean ask all the serving ex-PDP(now saint).
2. Ask all the Past / Serving Governors (pardon States with high IGR). Every month they run to Abj to fight for their share, with talks that it's unconstitutional for FG to withhold (help them save) the money.
3. Ask the the 3tiers of past/serving government representative that collects house allowance and still add furniture allowance on it. then wtffffffff is "hardship allowance".
if all these stupid/greed/selfish allowances was remove, do you know how much would have being saved.
4. Ask the non-masses-friendly constitution and those that made it because it allowed for freely/legally sharing the money from sections of it.
5. Ask Nigerians, we still went ahead to still vote for the same people (different nylon/packaging) just because of party, nepotism, immediate free-money etc
6. Ask God "at least" we would have either by "destiny or luck" had leaders(various sectors in govt) that had the masses in heart. they would have driven the nation with the right policy.
how do other developed countries get "luck/destined" goodleaders that enforced policies for the masses.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Made N70 Trillion From Oil In 15 Years, Where Did All The Money Go? by 4Play(m): 5:03am On Nov 12, 2016
FastShipping:

SMH!

Lying, or what some call post-truth politics, is a prominent feature of political discourse. I think ethnic/religious animosity explains a lot of the susceptibility to lies: if you oppose Buhari not because of his policy ineptitude but because he's Fulani/Muslim, you will be prone to believe any lies you read/hear about him.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Made N70 Trillion From Oil In 15 Years, Where Did All The Money Go? by Nobody: 5:34am On Nov 12, 2016
[size=18pt] We earn more like N240trn, Putting that N240trn aside, where are the trillions that Thief Obasanjo must have realised from sale of hundreds of oil blocks and privatisation of nation assets, that got be worth at least additional N200trn

When we add the unimaginable trillions of naira losses from Thief Obasanjo giving away oil rich land to Cameroon without requesting anything in return, it makes one want to weep for our people.

And all we hear is Abacha this Abacha that. Trust me we were much better off with Abacha.[/size]
Re: Nigeria Made N70 Trillion From Oil In 15 Years, Where Did All The Money Go? by EnEnPeecee: 5:38am On Nov 12, 2016
Who dey ask this kain useless question Naa

Na today Nigeria start

Ok take your pen and calculate how much money government gives out for september salariy between states and federal workers? Times it with the fifteen years you have stated in your misleading topic.

When you are through with the answer, I ask you more. Na one by one we go take calculate am.
FOOLundecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Made N70 Trillion From Oil In 15 Years, Where Did All The Money Go? by Sweetguy25: 6:44am On Nov 12, 2016
Nigeria did not gain independence fifteen years ago. Why all the reference to fifteen and sixteen years ago when clearly Nigeria existed over thirty years before that?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Made N70 Trillion From Oil In 15 Years, Where Did All The Money Go? by DeWorlex45(m): 6:56am On Nov 12, 2016
RZArecta:
Calculate how much you've gotten over the past 15 yrs i.e. from parents, siblings, hustling, runs, work etc

Where is the money today ?

PDP stole it cool
. May d good LORD continue to increase ur wisdom for asking dis simple & meaningful question. Many pple on nairaland claimed to be knowledgeable bt somtimes some of their coments makes u wonder if these sets of pple really went through school, or do they have common sense.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Made N70 Trillion From Oil In 15 Years, Where Did All The Money Go? by tuniski: 7:01am On Nov 12, 2016
Zetra:
1. Ask APC, I mean ask all the serving ex-PDP(now saint).
2. Ask all the Past / Serving Governors (pardon States with high IGR). Every month they run to Abj to fight for their share, with talks that it's unconstitutional for FG to withhold (help them save) the money.
3. Ask the the 3tiers of past/serving government representative that collects house allowance and still add furniture allowance on it. then wtffffffff is "hardship allowance".
if all these stupid/greed/selfish allowances was remove, do you know how much would have being saved.
4. Ask the non-masses-friendly constitution and those that made it because it allowed for freely/legally sharing the money from sections of it.
5. Ask Nigerians, we still went ahead to still vote for the same people (different nylon/packaging) just because of party, nepotism, immediate free-money etc
6. Ask God "at least" we would have either by "destiny or luck" had leaders(various sectors in govt) that had the masses in heart. they would have driven the nation with the right policy.
how do other developed countries get "luck/destined" goodleaders that enforced policies for the masses.

That is average say 4.5trn annually fair enuff it must have been shared at FAAC btw FG, states and LGAs then used to pay salaries and overheads of the most useless civil service in the world. As well as other recurrent expenditure with little for the rest of us who are the majority majority!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Made N70 Trillion From Oil In 15 Years, Where Did All The Money Go? by DeWorlex45(m): 7:07am On Nov 12, 2016
The fellow that asked this FOOLISH QUESTION is a CERTIFIED FOOL. No mater who he/she was! Does Nigeria began to exist 15yrs ago, or do govt not really spend any money over the fucking 15yrs on projects, salaries, & some re-current expenditures? This questionaire is actually a morron.
Re: Nigeria Made N70 Trillion From Oil In 15 Years, Where Did All The Money Go? by Sufisunni: 8:10am On Nov 12, 2016
richidinho:
Why r such an ignoramus! R u programmed to believe everything u read or see that is against Buhari even if such things insult ur sensibilty, education and information at ur disposal? Is gullibility embedded in ur nature and that is why the Albino in red kuje prison use u at his caprice and whims? or r u akin to what Trump said of Republicans " If were to run, I would run as republican they r the dumbest group of voters in the country. They believe anything on FOX news, I could lie and they would eat it up. I Bet my number would be terrific" Donald Trump in 1998(people Magazine). Why will u in ur wildest imagination believe Buhari spent $500million dollars in supporting Hilary Clinton despite subsisting America law which rules against soliciting or recieving help of any form to prosecute electioneering in USA because such acts could undermine America's interest and Trump campaign kept quiet? Trump that gets on people's necks even when is uncalled for. Or U got wind of it but Trump campaign organisation didn't know because radio Biafra informed u the way it says Trump vowed to create Biafra repblic? What a deluded statement.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Made N70 Trillion From Oil In 15 Years, Where Did All The Money Go? by Zetra(m): 8:57am On Nov 12, 2016
tuniski:

That is average say 4.5trn annually fair enuff it must have been shared at FAAC btw FG, states and LGAs then used to pay salaries and overheads of the most useless civil service in the world. As well as other recurrent expenditure with little for the rest of us who are the majority majority!

I can tell you, if buhari want to fight a good fight he should put structures in place to handle the high level corruption in the civil service.
imagine local government for more than 14years refuse to do properly fix the major road leading to our area. the only good portion till date was done by late Murtala, and will carry police and tout to.fight any company that wants to do it by themself.
same local government put touts collecting money from tankers, tipper even from truckpushers. what about shops, houses, all these without giving you receipt of payment and you can't fight the govt
Re: Nigeria Made N70 Trillion From Oil In 15 Years, Where Did All The Money Go? by RZArecta(m): 9:50am On Nov 12, 2016
DeWorlex45:
. May d good LORD continue to increase ur wisdom for asking dis simple & meaningful question. Many pple on nairaland claimed to be knowledgeable bt somtimes some of their coments makes u wonder if these sets of pple really went through school, or do they have common sense.
Amen my brother, God bless you too
Re: Nigeria Made N70 Trillion From Oil In 15 Years, Where Did All The Money Go? by freeze001(f): 9:54am On Nov 12, 2016
More than half of those in the APC have held positions of governance in various capacities under different parties including the PDP. Oil money started growing wings right from the military era. They are jointly and collectively responsible for the poor level of development in Nigeria despite massive resources that were and still are at their disposal.

Ask all of them including Buhari both in the 80's and now.

HtwoOw:
Ask PDP

muykem:
Direct your question to PDP especially GEJ. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Made N70 Trillion From Oil In 15 Years, Where Did All The Money Go? by HtwoOw: 12:00pm On Nov 12, 2016
freeze001:
More than half of those in the APC have held positions of governance in various capacities under different parties including the PDP. Oil money started growing wings right from the military era. They are jointly and collectively responsible for the poor level of development in Nigeria despite massive resources that were and still are at their disposal.

Ask all of them including Buhari both in the 80's and now.

There was PDP in 1980 cool

(1) (2) (Reply)

BREAKING: Zahra Buhari’s Wedding Cancelled (pic) / Shame On The Inspector General Of Police!!! / A Youth Manifesto For Revolution By Ekpa Stanley

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.