Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,617 members, 7,888,969 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 07:28 PM

Did Akpeyi Do Enough Against Algeria To Earn Him A Recall To The Super Eagles?. - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Did Akpeyi Do Enough Against Algeria To Earn Him A Recall To The Super Eagles?. (702 Views)

It’s Sad My Mother Couldn’t Witness My Glorious Moments In Super Eagles — Akpeyi / Super Eagles Players Donate N1m To Akpeyi, Echiejile Weddings / Who Should Be In Goal For Nigeria Against Algeria: Akpeyi, Ezenwa Or Alampasu? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Did Akpeyi Do Enough Against Algeria To Earn Him A Recall To The Super Eagles?. by Nobody: 11:59am On Nov 13, 2016
With the absence of Carl Ikeme, our first choice goalkeeper, Rohr handed a recall to Chippa United shot stopper, Daniel Akpeyi to replace him.

After a fierce contest for who to man the goal post Against the Fennecs of Algeria, Daniel Akpeyi was given the nod to start ahead of Dele Alampasu who fared better than the duo of him and Ezenwa in training on the grounds that he was more experienced to handle the pressure as Alampasu was a rookie who has not been given a debut.

Times and Times again, the Camera caught the face of Daniel Akpeyi.

What was written all over his face?.
Was he perturbed with the arrays of Stars paraded by the Algerians?
Was he nervous through out the game?.
Was he jittery through out the encounter?.

If you ask me, I would prefer Dele Alampasu and Emmanuel Daniel as goalkeepers to understudy Carl Ikeme.

Please kindly suggest Goalkeepers who are good enough for the Super Eagles.

Does Daniel Akpeyi deserves to be recalled for subsequent games?.
Was his performance good enough or below par against the Algerians?.
Re: Did Akpeyi Do Enough Against Algeria To Earn Him A Recall To The Super Eagles?. by OMAR12: 12:05pm On Nov 13, 2016
i don't think it okay to judge him just by looks alone, how many chippa united matches have u watch. do u know if that the way he looks when he is manning the post for chippa united?.
Re: Did Akpeyi Do Enough Against Algeria To Earn Him A Recall To The Super Eagles?. by Edwinmason(m): 12:07pm On Nov 13, 2016
for ever making my heart jump to my mouth...NO
Re: Did Akpeyi Do Enough Against Algeria To Earn Him A Recall To The Super Eagles?. by nerilove(m): 12:27pm On Nov 13, 2016
Akpeyi was so gittery throughout the match. I was afraid whenever the Algerians are close to over box. He doesn't organise the wall well when free kicks are been taken. I don't think he deserves a recall.
Re: Did Akpeyi Do Enough Against Algeria To Earn Him A Recall To The Super Eagles?. by Feranchek(m): 12:31pm On Nov 13, 2016
I've never trusted that guy to man the goal. Buh the coach knows better sha. I just hope Carl be present for the next 2 games. Hopefully we'll win, then 'kiss' Daniel can man the post for the remaining matches
Re: Did Akpeyi Do Enough Against Algeria To Earn Him A Recall To The Super Eagles?. by prinsam30: 12:50pm On Nov 13, 2016
that fear fear keeper

that guy nearly make me get hypertension last night

(1) (Reply)

7 EPL Clubs With BEST Match ATTENDANCE So Far / Victor Moses Wins Yet Another Award / Football Matches This Weekend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.