Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,357 members, 7,897,595 topics. Date: Monday, 22 July 2024 at 04:29 PM

A New Nigeria Police Force. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A New Nigeria Police Force. (3123 Views)

Major Shakeup Looms In Police Force (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A New Nigeria Police Force. by kimba(m): 12:39am On Jan 14, 2007
They should change their name from:

[size=15pt]Operation Fire for Fire[/size]

to

[size=15pt]Operation Twenty Naira.[/size]
Re: A New Nigeria Police Force. by stranger12: 12:06pm On Jan 15, 2007
lets ponder on this:

What would happen if road blocks are made illegal? would it increase crime?
Re: A New Nigeria Police Force. by segoye2(m): 1:52pm On Jan 15, 2007
I read the aticle on that link Mo wapa, and huummmm, is really touchy.

A reliable source confirmed it that the lowest rank in the police force earn 8,500 + housing allowance and some small small allowances which is about 10,000 or less.

Is too painful. They asked to protect us at the expense of their lifes but all along, if they lose their life in process, no compensation, nothing from the government, The problem is not the force is the power behind the force "Federal Government".

A new Nigeria Police Force will emerge if each state is allowed to operate its state police.
Federal government police force is a total mess, state police will solve this 20 naira bull shit.
Re: A New Nigeria Police Force. by Mamajama(m): 3:41pm On Jan 15, 2007
Interesting state police force that will be control by the governor to oppress his oppositions.
Re: A New Nigeria Police Force. by mowapa(m): 6:04pm On Jan 15, 2007
@mamajama

Nigeria and N P F will never get out of this quagmire if it's not ready to experiment with reorganization. If the worst thing that might happen with a state police is for the governor to oppress it's opponent, that I won't sweat, let the politician deal with their self. Having a state police formation will enable the force to become manageable and more effective
Re: A New Nigeria Police Force. by Mamajama(m): 6:44pm On Jan 15, 2007
Maybe in a civilized contry like America. I just don't see how that will work in Nigeria. do the local people in village even know what law or rights they have?
Re: A New Nigeria Police Force. by mowapa(m): 7:33pm On Jan 15, 2007
We need to understand that America did not become a civilized society by not making mistake, go back to the genesis of the police( A BRIEF GUIDE TO POLICE HISTORY by Konrad Adenauer) [url=http://faculty.ncwc.edu/toconnor/205/205lect04.htm ][url]http://faculty.ncwc.edu/toconnor/205/205lect04.htm [/url]
Re: A New Nigeria Police Force. by Esss(m): 12:22am On Jun 22, 2007
I will never forget my encounters with the police in nigeria,

The first time a mobile police officer (MOPOL) slapped me, Simply becos I was still playing music in my car while he was talking to me,

The second time , I was driving back home by 3.00am and they pulled me over at a checkpoint, They said I looked like a thief, then told me to lie on the ground face down while they strip searched my car,

The third time, A female police officer smashed my windscreen, because I was talking on my cellphone while driving,

The present set of Nigerian police are beyond salvation, New officers need to be recruited (graduates) and these old ones phased out gradually but certainly, and the public needs to be sensitized on their rights (so they know when they are in the right and when the police is infringing on their rights), IT training should ba a part of their training, The Police themselves dont even know most of the laws they are supposed to be enforcing so i think law should be added to the things they learn in police training college, also we need to set up an insurance scheme which will take care of these officer incase they should die in active duty or sustain career ending injuries, also the gorvernment should take away those AK47rifles from them and equip them with standard issue 9mm berretas which is used by other policemen the world over, also their salaries and benefits should be reveiwed, If they are not satisfied or if the salaries they earn cannot sustian them, they will continue to take bribes and rent out their service riffles to criminals. Their uniforms should include everything that is needed for them to effectively fight crime including radios, battons, pepper spray, handcuffs, 9mm beretta e.t.c, they should also be forced to work out atleast twice a week in order for them to keep fit, those operation fire for fire ppl should be scrapped and the mobile police built into an outfit similar to the us S.W.A.T, New police cars with new age mordern equipments like dashcams, and computers should be provided for them, wow, infact we need jesus in the police

lets start with these ones first,
Re: A New Nigeria Police Force. by chidichris(m): 12:13pm On Jun 23, 2007
if we think of their name, what about the other ones with good names?
the major problems of nigeria resides in aso rock and a way forward must come from aso rock.
if we want to be fair enough, how can a president, a governor or even our law makers use the police in their efforts to throw money about?
it is in nigeria that you see police cars as the best way to transfer funds and contra-banned items.
why wouldn't police be corrupt when they are aware of all the secret and crude transactions of their ogas.
trace all political crimes in nigeria, they must be linked to the police.
the issue as i understand here is that the aso rock activities especially negative activities must pas through the nigerian police.
on the other hand, FG must find a way to better the welfare of our chief security officers(police).
i was with a senior police officer who visited me here in dubai from nigeria and each time we see dubai police, he will tell me that he is ashamed to be a police man.
the dubai police is so equiped that they move on the latest cars with full options and security gardgets. at least every police car here has an internet connected computer but it will be easy to say that most of the men of nigerian police are not computer literate.
government is not trying to be helpful and the police itself has choosen her own direction.
Re: A New Nigeria Police Force. by ThoniaSlim(f): 2:09pm On Jun 23, 2007
i quite agree with you.
Re: A New Nigeria Police Force. by walejeep: 5:52pm On Apr 09, 2010
I need 2007 lagos state police area commander list

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nairaland's First Cartoon :: New Addition. OBJ / 15 Killed In Abuja(nyanya/karu, Mararaba Road) Road Crash / Africans Need To Stop Being So Selfish Or You Will Be Exterminated

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.