Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,665 members, 7,885,738 topics. Date: Wednesday, 10 July 2024 at 02:26 PM

The Moon Is Exceptionally Bigger Tonight. - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / The Moon Is Exceptionally Bigger Tonight. (892 Views)

Many Animals Are Way Bigger Than We Think (Photos) / Moment China's Chang’e 4 lander Landed On The Far Side Of The Moon / The Moon Landing Conspiracy. Truth Or Hoax (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Moon Is Exceptionally Bigger Tonight. by CeeJay9ja(m): 8:04pm On Nov 13, 2016
Who else noticed? undecided
Re: The Moon Is Exceptionally Bigger Tonight. by Luizkid(m): 8:12pm On Nov 13, 2016
its just a fullmoon
Re: The Moon Is Exceptionally Bigger Tonight. by LaPresidente(m): 8:16pm On Nov 13, 2016
Yup it really is and its called a supermoon, tonight's is it's biggest size as seen from Earth since 1948.

2 Likes

Re: The Moon Is Exceptionally Bigger Tonight. by LieDetector(m): 8:17pm On Nov 13, 2016
Snapped about now

Re: The Moon Is Exceptionally Bigger Tonight. by paulmarkino: 8:51pm On Nov 13, 2016
Normal moon jawe

Re: The Moon Is Exceptionally Bigger Tonight. by BossLadyF(f): 9:00pm On Nov 13, 2016
CeeJay9ja:
Who else noticed? undecided

I was wondering about it too
Re: The Moon Is Exceptionally Bigger Tonight. by CeeJay9ja(m): 9:33pm On Nov 13, 2016
LaPresidente:
Yup it really is and its called a supermoon, tonight's is it's biggest size as seen from Earth since 1948.

Is it that it came closer to earth or the moon just got bigger?
Re: The Moon Is Exceptionally Bigger Tonight. by BossLadyF(f): 9:35pm On Nov 13, 2016
Supermoon is a spectacular sight! The upcoming supermoon - on Monday, Nov. 14 - will be especially "super" because it's the closest full moon to Earth since 1948. We won't see another supermoon like this until 2034. The moon's orbit around Earth is slightly elliptical so sometimes it is closer and sometimes it's farther away. When the moon is full as it makes its closest pass to Earth it is known as a supermoon. At perigree - the point at which the moon is closest to Earth - the moon can be as much as 14 percent closer to Earth than at apogee, when the moon is farthest from our planet. The full moon appears that much larger in diameter and because it is larger shines 30 percent more moonlight onto the Earth. The biggest and brightest moon for observers in the United States will be on Monday morning just before dawn. On Monday, Nov. 14, the moon is at perigee at 6:22 a.m. EST and "opposite" the sun for the full moon at 8:52 a.m. EST (after moonset for most of the US). So, go out at night on either Sunday or Monday night to see the supermoon!

#nasa #space #moon #supermoon #earth #nasabeyond #astronomy #fullmoon #science
Re: The Moon Is Exceptionally Bigger Tonight. by BossLadyF(f): 9:36pm On Nov 13, 2016
CeeJay9ja:

I guess it came earlier than expected. It's closer to the earth
Re: The Moon Is Exceptionally Bigger Tonight. by CeeJay9ja(m): 9:39pm On Nov 13, 2016
BossLadyF:

I guess it came earlier than expected. It's closer to the earth

Cool....Good for a romantic night out. smiley
Re: The Moon Is Exceptionally Bigger Tonight. by BossLadyF(f): 11:21pm On Nov 13, 2016
CeeJay9ja:

Cool....Good for a romantic night out. smiley

Hahahahaha! Table for 2, bills for 1
Re: The Moon Is Exceptionally Bigger Tonight. by LaPresidente(m): 8:39am On Nov 14, 2016
CeeJay9ja:

to put it simply, the moon "came closer to Earth", the moon essentially can not get bigger!
Re: The Moon Is Exceptionally Bigger Tonight. by ikorodureporta: 6:04pm On Nov 14, 2016
Lalasticlala af not seen it
Re: The Moon Is Exceptionally Bigger Tonight. by Onegai(f): 6:20pm On Nov 14, 2016
Has it passed Nigeria yet? I didn't see anything.

Edited: raced out to see it. Orange coloured moon. I wish the clouds had cleared for me to take a pic.

(1) (Reply)

Sony’s Newest Bravia TV Is The First Amazing TV You Have Ever Seen In The World / Misoprostol / Differences Between The New Whatapp Business App & The Regular App.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.