Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,085 members, 7,887,141 topics. Date: Thursday, 11 July 2024 at 10:22 PM

Dangote Pledges To Help FG Turn Around Nigeria’s Economy - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Dangote Pledges To Help FG Turn Around Nigeria’s Economy (15903 Views)

Computer Village Adds N1.5b To Nigeria’s Economy Daily / CBN Pledges To Sustain Dollar Injection In FX Market / Dangote Pledges To Help FG Turn Around Nigeria’s Economy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dangote Pledges To Help FG Turn Around Nigeria’s Economy by Nobody: 10:10pm On Nov 13, 2016
grandstar:
The man though we'll meaning is a rent seeker.

The ban on cement made him extremely wealthy and seriously short changed nigerians. His cement company made a post tax profit in 2014 which was 52% of sales.

That means if he slashed his ex-factory price by 50% he would still make a profit! The price at one time was astronomical.

As long as he does not demand more protection for any new business venture, all well and good. Otherwise, the cost on the populace will be heavy.

1) is the price of his cement higher than the price of imported cement?

2) if no and if he is making 52% profit, would you rather that 53% profit go to a foreigner to develop a foreign economy or internalise that profit for a Nigerian who will use the profits to create more industries and create more jobs?

just asking!

You call him a rent seeker? I call him a man who has taken advantage of the opportunities created by a Nigerian population that refuse to see the opportunities in their own country. If Dangote goes on to own all the factories and industries in Nigeria, it's because Nigerians only have themselves to blame, they would rather be traders than industrialists.

4 Likes

Re: Dangote Pledges To Help FG Turn Around Nigeria’s Economy by Temptee101(m): 10:10pm On Nov 13, 2016
After we stopped bubu from selling our assets and mortgaging our future to you. Ok continu

1 Like

Re: Dangote Pledges To Help FG Turn Around Nigeria’s Economy by legibow: 10:11pm On Nov 13, 2016
You for no help now, sha bi we kuku ma help our self..... Na the one way you go chop you they find.... Continue the lord is our strength
Re: Dangote Pledges To Help FG Turn Around Nigeria’s Economy by ephi123(f): 10:21pm On Nov 13, 2016
Assist indeed. Since when did Dangote become a philanthropist, like he is not out for his own interests?
Re: Dangote Pledges To Help FG Turn Around Nigeria’s Economy by Forex2020247: 10:21pm On Nov 13, 2016
i hope you will employ nigerian citizen in that your fertilizer plant not going to india to import bricklayer,welder, carpenter etc to do job nigerian citizen can do.#saynotoimmigrantexpat##buynaijagrownaira#

johntaiwo123:

Source:http://www.nta.ng/news/20160423-dangote-pledges-to-help-fg-turn-around-nigerias-economy/
Re: Dangote Pledges To Help FG Turn Around Nigeria’s Economy by ephi123(f): 10:23pm On Nov 13, 2016
vodutive:

2) if no and if he is making 52% profit, would you rather that 53% profit go to a foreigner to develop a foreign economy or internalise that profit for a Nigerian who will use the profits to create more industries and create more jobs?

just asking!

You call him a rent seeker? I call him a man who has taken advantage of the opportunities created by a Nigerian population that refuse to see the opportunities in their own country. If Dangote goes on to own all the factories and industries in Nigeria, it's because Nigerians only have themselves to blame, they would rather be traders than industrialists.

Yes, yes, let Nigerians take the blame as always. Did Nigerians benefit from selfish policies resulting in an individual running a monopolist system in several sectors? NO!

Competition is what benefits the common man, not monopoly.
Re: Dangote Pledges To Help FG Turn Around Nigeria’s Economy by slimtosin(m): 10:24pm On Nov 13, 2016
When you are in trouble,many people will come to advice...even this greedy man wants to help?...wanna help FG turn around recession.... Who e EPP self?
Re: Dangote Pledges To Help FG Turn Around Nigeria’s Economy by erico2k2(m): 10:33pm On Nov 13, 2016
vodutive:

just asking!

he has licence to import un bagged cement
There is nothing like imported cement since its banned.
Re: Dangote Pledges To Help FG Turn Around Nigeria’s Economy by kushme: 10:40pm On Nov 13, 2016
raphieMontella:
dangote....okay o..
I see him running for president in the future...
Who sees this too?

Bro, what more can i say?.. I thought about it today... Wow.. Such like mind. Let us start the campaign for him.... #Dangote2019...
Re: Dangote Pledges To Help FG Turn Around Nigeria’s Economy by Cletus77(m): 10:41pm On Nov 13, 2016
I heard he is going to contest with akpabio being his vice,2 nd a half years is almost 2019
Re: Dangote Pledges To Help FG Turn Around Nigeria’s Economy by hope4life: 10:41pm On Nov 13, 2016
ayourbamie:
You can only try. Naija is bigger than anyone. I pray he doesn't have motives behind this

The love of Dangote in Nigeria economy is like the love USA has for the whole world-gain and domination
Re: Dangote Pledges To Help FG Turn Around Nigeria’s Economy by Nobody: 10:41pm On Nov 13, 2016
ephi123:

Yes, yes, let Nigerians take the blame as always. Did Nigerians benefit from selfish policies resulting in an individual running a monopolist system in several sectors? NO!

Competition is what benefits the common man, not monopoly.

di you try to establish your own cement plant and you were stopped? did you try to establish your own refinery and you were stopped? A man did and now he is reaping the benefits and you are complaining? Typical Nigerian, you would rather lebanese or foreigners control your economy, as soon as a Nigerian does well you start to get envious. He is reaping the reward to the risks he has taken, that is how life life works, he has no competition because typical Nigerians don't want to think long term or take risks, they want businesses with instant rewards....buying and selling!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dangote Pledges To Help FG Turn Around Nigeria’s Economy by grandstar(m): 10:52pm On Nov 13, 2016
vodutive:

just asking!

There was a time local cement was far higher than the international price. I don't know whether that's the case now.

For only one man like Dangote to believe in the country means something is very wrong. Proactive measures need to be enacted by government to make the economy attractive to far more participants

1 Like

Re: Dangote Pledges To Help FG Turn Around Nigeria’s Economy by raphieMontella: 11:08pm On Nov 13, 2016
bestower:
He will either go .mk.o way or trump way.
true talk bro..
Re: Dangote Pledges To Help FG Turn Around Nigeria’s Economy by Izonpikin: 11:08pm On Nov 13, 2016
I thought many ignorant persons said dangote would have no business getting feeds from the niger delta

Abi no be bonny I see for this write up

People don deceive theirsef for this country tire... grin

All hail the niger delta...
Re: Dangote Pledges To Help FG Turn Around Nigeria’s Economy by KingNom(m): 11:12pm On Nov 13, 2016
THE NIGERIA SOLUTION: A MIND RE-DRIVE
Dear Mr. President, I suggest we make the best use of your tenure to fix the basic FOUNDATIONAL PROBLEM to all our problems as an emerging Great Country: the AVERAGE NIGERIAN MINDSET! Here we can fix the many issues of our Country by using 'ONE STONE to kill a thousand birds'.
Let us use the MIND RE-DRIVE STRATEGY. This is by renewing the minds of Nigerians (as many are with respect to Integrity, corrupt) through an AGGRESSIVE value reorientation campaign using all forms of Public and Private Agencies and media; Tv, radio, internet Print media, even the movies, musical artistes etc.
If the President through his powers ( with our Governors and other Political office holders) together with the teeming population can reproduce an 'Integrity' mindset in the average citizen, his work will be made much more easy in fixing Nigeria, cutting down the giant tree of Nigeria problems from its MAIN ROOT.
'Get a person to think of doing a thing AND he will ACTUALLY and ENTHUSIASTICALLY do it.' Get the Nigerian person to think of doing the right thing righlty AND he will ACTUALLY and ENTHUSIASTICALLY do the right thing rightly.'
Then will we have many 'high integrity persons' almost everywhere, fixing Nigeria. This way, the 'REAL POSITIVE CHANGE' will be deeply entrenched and sustainable for future generations.
A tree cannot make a forest alone, BUT CAN, through reproduction. Just Imagine if every Nigerian was thinking and acting with integrity at the various levels of our society, how our Country will be, Paradise!
If we fix our 'Integrity' values as individuals and as a Country, God helping us; Nigeria will become Paradise! _St. Nom S.
Pls share till it reaches everyone, We can be Great again, even Greater than ever before!!

1 Like

Re: Dangote Pledges To Help FG Turn Around Nigeria’s Economy by Emminex23(m): 11:18pm On Nov 13, 2016
hmmmm i see an imminent Trump. I can wager this guy will delve into politics soon.
Re: Dangote Pledges To Help FG Turn Around Nigeria’s Economy by LieDetector(m): 11:18pm On Nov 13, 2016
lacoach:
The solution is in my head office.
oga... That kid pic you put up there should be taken down.
Re: Dangote Pledges To Help FG Turn Around Nigeria’s Economy by Mayflowa(m): 11:19pm On Nov 13, 2016
doctokwus:
He has bold and good ideas but he has reached this height PARTLY because he has enjoyed govt patronage,waivers and unfair dollar advantage.
If Dangote had been made to compete on a level playing field with other entrepreneurs,he wont av mafe it this far.
Dangote simply used political patronage to get here,not that he is d most ingenious bizman in nigeria

go sit down jor
Re: Dangote Pledges To Help FG Turn Around Nigeria’s Economy by Techguyz(m): 11:35pm On Nov 13, 2016
chaiiii sad sad sad

aye yi ma buru!!!!

Re: Dangote Pledges To Help FG Turn Around Nigeria’s Economy by ephi123(f): 11:44pm On Nov 13, 2016
vodutive:

di you try to establish your own cement plant and you were stopped? did you try to establish your own refinery and you were stopped? A man did and now he is reaping the benefits and you are complaining? Typical Nigerian, you would rather lebanese or foreigners control your economy, as soon as a Nigerian does well you start to get envious. He is reaping the reward to the risks he has taken, that is how life life works, he has no competition because typical Nigerians don't want to think long term or take risks, they want businesses with instant rewards....buying and selling!!!

Mr typical Nigerian, continue with your generalisation. I've got no words for people like you who only know how to generalise, continue living in denial instead of addressing the issue.

2 Likes

Re: Dangote Pledges To Help FG Turn Around Nigeria’s Economy by greatgolis90: 11:48pm On Nov 13, 2016
Beggars thy country men!!!
Re: Dangote Pledges To Help FG Turn Around Nigeria’s Economy by BobUg28(m): 12:03am On Nov 14, 2016
Good developments. With what he just listed here, If implemented, Nigeria will drastically change indeed.

Reminds me of JP Morgan.
Re: Dangote Pledges To Help FG Turn Around Nigeria’s Economy by opribo(m): 12:20am On Nov 14, 2016
Its definitely about time, Dangote vbecome the president of this great country just like Trump to make Nigeria great again and restore the dignity of this wonderful nation. Enough of these quacks we are parading everywhere as leaders.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Pledges To Help FG Turn Around Nigeria’s Economy by shegxxymyth11(m): 1:13am On Nov 14, 2016
raphieMontella:
dangote....okay o.. I see him running for president in the future... Who sees this too?
same man! I think so
Re: Dangote Pledges To Help FG Turn Around Nigeria’s Economy by shegxxymyth11(m): 1:13am On Nov 14, 2016
raphieMontella:
dangote....okay o.. I see him running for president in the future... Who sees this too?
same man! I think so
Re: Dangote Pledges To Help FG Turn Around Nigeria’s Economy by Nobody: 1:55am On Nov 14, 2016
A capitalist True and Through.. only interested in his profit not his country.. but we created Dangote did we not?
Re: Dangote Pledges To Help FG Turn Around Nigeria’s Economy by Nobody: 2:38am On Nov 14, 2016
grandstar:
The man though we'll meaning is a rent seeker.

The ban on cement made him extremely wealthy and seriously short changed nigerians. His cement company made a post tax profit in 2014 which was 52% of sales.

That means if he slashed his ex-factory price by 50% he would still make a profit! The price at one time was astronomical.

As long as he does not demand more protection for any new business venture, all well and good. Otherwise, the cost on the populace will be heavy.

If Dangote Cement truly made a 52% gross margin, We should be seeing Nigerian business men falling over themselves in their effort to set up cement production plants and partake in such a profitable industry.

But no, they want to export our scarce forex and jobs to China so as to import subsidized dust.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Pledges To Help FG Turn Around Nigeria’s Economy by Nobody: 2:48am On Nov 14, 2016
doctokwus:
He has bold and good ideas but he has reached this height PARTLY because he has enjoyed govt patronage,waivers and unfair dollar advantage.
If Dangote had been made to compete on a level playing field with other entrepreneurs,he wont av mafe it this far.
Dangote simply used political patronage to get here,not that he is d most ingenious bizman in nigeria

Dangote is one man in a country of 180 million. What is he doing that millions of other Nigerians are incapable of doing?

How come he is able to outlast every Nigerian government since the late seventies while no other Nigerian whose business is based on government patronage survives a change in government?
Re: Dangote Pledges To Help FG Turn Around Nigeria’s Economy by Nobody: 3:00am On Nov 14, 2016
vodutive:

2) if no and if he is making 52% profit, would you rather that 53% profit go to a foreigner to develop a foreign economy or internalise that profit for a Nigerian who will use the profits to create more industries and create more

just asking!

Bingo!

Our people prefer short term trading. The majority of sustainable long term businesses in our country are foreign owned.

The Indians, Lebanese and Chinese are seriously balling in naija while our people are blind to opportunities around them.
Re: Dangote Pledges To Help FG Turn Around Nigeria’s Economy by WhoBeThisMan: 3:03am On Nov 14, 2016
lacoach:
The solution is in my head office.
thats very low.. making jest of a child. Smh not funny
Re: Dangote Pledges To Help FG Turn Around Nigeria’s Economy by DedeNkem: 3:08am On Nov 14, 2016
Dangote has been milking Nigeria for ages. He bought the three arms of government.

He's the most corrupt businessman in West Africa, if not the whole Africa! He doesn't do anything without a massive gain.

This man almost pays no tax even though govt. always give him huge subsidy. Small businesses in Nigeria pay more taxes than Dangote!

His "promise to help in turning around and diversifying the country’s economy" is a sham. He's only opening a massive avenue to milk more billions. If you think he made his billions graft-free, then you're an id*iot!

I don't blame him at all. He's doing what any smart and corrupt businessman would do in a very corrupt and failed country like Nigeria!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Zenith Bank Statement On Fire Incident At Victoria Island Branch / Banks To Charge Nigerians For Cybersecurity Levy on Transactions / How to Create your Economic Success Out Of Nothing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.