Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,000 members, 7,873,224 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 10:05 AM

My Friend Is Cheating On His Wife, Putting Me In A Tight Situation - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Friend Is Cheating On His Wife, Putting Me In A Tight Situation (37044 Views)

Don’t Kill Your Husband. This Is How To Deal With Him If He Is Cheating On You / Living With My Parents Is Putting Me At A Disadvantage / My Husband Is Cheating On Me With Our Neighbor! Hurting Real Bad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Friend Is Cheating On His Wife, Putting Me In A Tight Situation by MarieSucre(f): 12:59pm On Nov 14, 2016
goingape1:
is it your home he is destroying undecided

get this into your fragile skull! " his home"

"his home" and not your home!

why are you taking medicine for another's man problem!

the simple answer to the op question is to mind his business and keep his home in other not poking nose on another's man home!

for your first question, yes many nairaland women here are olushi and wife snatcher!

from experience

Neither is it your home. but unlike you my view point is fighting so a home won't be broken up through HIV and death. What do you stand for?

1 Like

Re: My Friend Is Cheating On His Wife, Putting Me In A Tight Situation by goingape1: 1:00pm On Nov 14, 2016
nubian999:

You really think being at home with your man will stop him from cheating on you? So there aren't women at home waiting for their husbands while he's in bed with a side chick

A man that cheats will cheat on you whether you are home or aboard. Why are you not understanding the fact that it's not her fault he cheated but his fault.

You are not old fashioned you're self hating. You would make an awful judge because you don't understand where the blame lays.

Her PHD from a university abroad will give her a step up in the job market. When she decides to leave that man she won't need to go back to her father's house.
don't open ya yansh for your husband for more than 6months and know whos fault is it undecided
Re: My Friend Is Cheating On His Wife, Putting Me In A Tight Situation by Nobody: 1:00pm On Nov 14, 2016
adedayoa2:
sweet that orientation is very bad oooo.don't give up your dreams for love, what that woman should have done is stay close to home

My orientation is not bad.. Am living my career dreams already. U know why? Cause I started early in life, focused on my studies , graduated from the University in an early age, went straight into entrepreneurship, I own 2 companies, no be brag... I made my First million at age 27years old and have set up women both single and married to be entrepreneurs and self independent.. God knows have made an impact in this world, cause most of. My proteges are all over the world, doing what I taught them, and they are making it.. Am here, am. Humble , because this is who I am.. I don't live fake life, or carry my achievements on. My head.. Everything have achieved so far is by God's grace.. And am single but dating a loving man who admires me in every way. And also guess what ?am just 31years old tongue
Living my career dreams. smiley

1 Like

Re: My Friend Is Cheating On His Wife, Putting Me In A Tight Situation by Urukpe: 1:00pm On Nov 14, 2016
MarieSucre:

Even if she was not, is that an excuse? So 2 wrongs make a right.

Yes it does sometimes. In science negative times negative is positive. lol
Re: My Friend Is Cheating On His Wife, Putting Me In A Tight Situation by Charly68: 1:01pm On Nov 14, 2016
Why walking with a cassanova as friend,your eyes will be cleared when he starts sleeping around with your wife. There are people you don't tolerate around you except you are birds of the same feather. Remember that accompany of a fool shall be regarded as a fool also.
Re: My Friend Is Cheating On His Wife, Putting Me In A Tight Situation by goingape1: 1:02pm On Nov 14, 2016
Caracta:

Take heart!
This your experience must have reduced your brain to nothing.
get out!
Re: My Friend Is Cheating On His Wife, Putting Me In A Tight Situation by Nobody: 1:02pm On Nov 14, 2016
DarkRebel101:

grin grin grin

I knowwww
Re: My Friend Is Cheating On His Wife, Putting Me In A Tight Situation by xynerise: 1:03pm On Nov 14, 2016
For whatever reasons, my wife should not stay away from home for more than a month. Masters or Ph.D abroad is not my business.

Every human has a limit to what he/she can endure. Don't get me wrong, I am not trying to defend what the Op's friend did but he must have had a limit to what he can endure.

I can't endure not being with my woman for more than a month. That's torture from the pit of hell..Haba

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: My Friend Is Cheating On His Wife, Putting Me In A Tight Situation by MrTour: 1:04pm On Nov 14, 2016
Wait we need to ask buhari.
Re: My Friend Is Cheating On His Wife, Putting Me In A Tight Situation by goingape1: 1:06pm On Nov 14, 2016
MarieSucre:

Neither is it your home. but unlike you my view point is fighting so a home won't be broken up through HIV and death. What do you stand for?
most things in marriage are easily avoidable!

she most have know the type of man she is marrying before venture into that marriage.

don't tell me you won't know a cheating man miles away?
Re: My Friend Is Cheating On His Wife, Putting Me In A Tight Situation by RoadsAndGreen(m): 1:06pm On Nov 14, 2016
MarieSucre:

I repeat men and women are not equal. Men are superior. Men are superior in discipline. If you cannot discipline yourself. Then speak for yourself alone. What is point of men being superior then if they are allowed to be weak in this way?
oh now i get where you coming but how does this change anything? life is not fair baby. no one chooses to be a male or female, beautiful or ugly. sex driven or not... everyone just want to be happy, by doing so we trample on others and cost them pain. finding the perfect solution to situations is best.

that's why I said both of them are wrong. in life you need to have scale of preference. you need to sacrifice dreams to fulfil other dreams. if you love your family you need to school closer.

1 Like

Re: My Friend Is Cheating On His Wife, Putting Me In A Tight Situation by adedayoa2(f): 1:06pm On Nov 14, 2016
Amelian:

My orientation is not bad.. Am living my career dreams already. U know why? Cause I started early in life, focused on my studies , graduated from the University in an early age, went straight into entrepreneurship, I own 2 companies, no be brag... I made my First million at age 27years old and have set up women both single and married to be entrepreneurs and self independent.. God knows have made an impact in this world, cause most of. My proteges are all over the world, doing what I taught them, and they are making it.. Am hereally, am. Humble , because this is who I am.. I don't live fake life, or carry my achievements on. My head.. Everything have achieved so far is by God's grace.. And am single but dating a loving man who admires me in every way. And also guess what ?am just 31years old tongue
that's you, I am also 31, living my dreams gunning for more. Some people don't have the opportunity we had. I don't blame the woman at all, what if it was the man that went to study and he cheated, who would you blame? The guy in question is just a cheat.

4 Likes

Re: My Friend Is Cheating On His Wife, Putting Me In A Tight Situation by VERDA: 1:06pm On Nov 14, 2016
Fiwasayo:
Someone up there blaming the woman for the wrong doings of her man,smh... marriage is not all about seeing each other everyday and having sex every time,yes long distance relationships do work out,the wife is ambitious and trying to upgrade her life for herself and her family,and the man is shamelessly cheating on her....it's not about her not being in the country,if she were pregnant and couldn't have sex,he'll still cheat on her,anyhow,he'll still find some excuse to cheat on her. Marriage isn't for everyone.

While it's disappointing that some people are blaming the wife and i think the man should be held completely responsible for the possible crash of his marraige,relationships are very complicated and require constant planning and attention to nuture,men and women are totally different when it comes to certain needs,especially after their basic need for food water and shelter are met and higher goals are aimed at,while sexual gratification is not nearly as important for the woman,for the man it is high up,this is not an excuse for the mans lack of control but a word of caution to wives who underestimate this need,i dont know the guy so not sure if he cheats normaly,they have been together for long and should know needs they each have that needs relatively frequent gratification and factor it into their final decision with both willing to make certain sacrifices.While i think its her right to pursue higher qualifications,6 months to 1 year might be too long a period to be away from ur spouse in my opinion,arragements should be made to see each other at 3 to 4 months interval.Might be a lil expensive though,an expense that may be well worth it.
Re: My Friend Is Cheating On His Wife, Putting Me In A Tight Situation by Nobody: 1:07pm On Nov 14, 2016
nubian999:

You really think being at home with your man will stop him from cheating on you? So there aren't women at home waiting for their husbands while he's in bed with a side chick

A man that cheats will cheat on you whether you are home or aboard. Why are you not understanding the fact that it's not her fault he cheated but his fault.

You are not old fashioned you're self hating. You would make an awful judge because you don't understand where the blame lays.

Her PHD from a university abroad will give her a step up in the job market. When she decides to leave that man she won't need to go back to her father's house.

Am not hating anyone.. Have made a mark on my own through God's grace.. And anybody can have PhD. Simply read below:
And tell. Me who her PHD epp?

Am living my career dreams already. U know why? Cause I started early in life, focused on my studies , graduated from the University in an early age, went straight into entrepreneurship, I own 2 companies, no be brag... I made my First million at age 27years old and have set up women both single and married to be entrepreneurs and self independent.. God knows have made an impact in this world, cause most of. My proteges are all over the world, doing what I taught them, and they are making it.. Am here, am. Humble , because this is who I am.. I don't live fake life, or carry my achievements on. My head.. Everything have achieved so far is by God's grace..
And am single but dating a loving man who admires me in every way. And also guess what ?

am just 31years old tongue
Re: My Friend Is Cheating On His Wife, Putting Me In A Tight Situation by Nobody: 1:11pm On Nov 14, 2016
Amelian:

Am not hating anyone.. Have made a mark on my own through God's grace.. And anybody can have PhD. Simply read below:
And tell. Me who her PHD epp?

Am living my career dreams already. U know why? Cause I started early in life, focused on my studies , graduated from the University in an early age, went straight into entrepreneurship, I own 2 companies, no be brag... I made my First million at age 27years old and have set up women both single and married to be entrepreneurs and self independent.. God knows have made an impact in this world, cause most of. My proteges are all over the world, doing what I taught them, and they are making it.. Am here, am. Humble , because this is who I am.. I don't live fake life, or carry my achievements on. My head.. Everything have achieved so far is by God's grace..
And am single but dating a loving man who admires me in every way. And also guess what ?

am just 31years old tongue

R.I.P to English cry

I hope your dream career doesn't require you to write in English grin

4 Likes

Re: My Friend Is Cheating On His Wife, Putting Me In A Tight Situation by AuroraB(f): 1:11pm On Nov 14, 2016
merahki:

Sweet Lawd!
I have no words for a post as unfortunate as this....simply too stunned and stumped for words
...just know this- you have just betrayed the brain that God gave you, and all of us with that
lipsrsealed shocked lipsrsealed

Such a shame men are the ones trying to knock some sense into her medulla embarassed
To her; she's the one to wait out on her man to get a PhD
What a shame

2 Likes

Re: My Friend Is Cheating On His Wife, Putting Me In A Tight Situation by isnovic(m): 1:12pm On Nov 14, 2016
[b]Be elevated all you want, it is what it is, men are simply moved by what they see.

your presence helps dissuade so many habits by your spouse, male and female alike.

This sense of woman liberation will vanish to thin air when push comes to shove.
When it happens to you, then your quick words and unnecessary grammar will be looking for the street smartness the ladies here, are offering you for free.

If you value other things like education, careers and money please do not marry until you get enough of them.

As you can not serve both masters, believe me being married takes all of you.

If you are married and intends to stay so, negotiate your actions whether studies or career with your spouse, if both can reasonably stay off sex then you may, if not pay for him or her to come with you while you study/work as most men do.

Who says it is only the men that must pay for the wife to come along if, he is travelling to study or work in a different country. For this is the actual cost of the work or education, not the tuition.

You can win on both sides if you are half as smart as you claim.

[/b]

DarkRebel101:

I am not a woman. tongue

Second wife? You seem to have all the trappings of the archetypal African woman – small-minded and pitifully obsequious. You must also have been trained from childhood to kneel in servility at the foot of a man and to worship at his altar.

SMH. What you need is a mental lavation to blot out the slave mindset which society has wrongfully inflicted upon you. grin

1 Like

Re: My Friend Is Cheating On His Wife, Putting Me In A Tight Situation by nowpresence(f): 1:12pm On Nov 14, 2016
The reason the op is acting this way is because he has a crush on the wife.

Advice to the op is that he should mind his business. This is a grown up man who is aware of the consequence of his actions and so like wise the man's wife, as human most have thought of the danger of leaving her husband for such a long time. And nobody knows if she is even sleeping with someone where she schools.

We are all human, we have needs that should be met at some point even if you don't mean to hurt someone.

So @op I will advice you to stay out of this and pretend you did not see or notice anything. Let the both of them handle their mess or you that a chance of being in the center of their drama.
You have done enough by speaking to him and let it end there.

And least I forget, it's OK to have a crush but don't let your emotions to lead do something that you will regret.

1 Like

Re: My Friend Is Cheating On His Wife, Putting Me In A Tight Situation by Nobody: 1:15pm On Nov 14, 2016
dominique:

Where is the dislike button when you need one? undecided
I don't think you're a female. You posted like the typical Nigerian man that will heap the blame of a failing marriage on the woman only.

I now see why there are so many divorce cases out there.. You women are the cause of your marriages breaking up.. I pity your boyfriends , your fiances and yours husbands if any of u here are married or dating..
Am a full blooded lady, but I don't think like the typical Nigerian woman.. And am proud of who I am.. Take it or leave it!

1 Like

Re: My Friend Is Cheating On His Wife, Putting Me In A Tight Situation by Urukpe: 1:16pm On Nov 14, 2016
CecyAdrian:

It's not like she went off to study all by herself, it was an agreement btw the man and wife hence the decision for her to travel with the kids and am very sure he is the one footing their bills over there, so the olosho of a husband is in full support.

And she has traveled, hopefully keeping to her end of the bargain with her studies and being a good wife and mother to their kids, while he is here trying to start a III world war in his family

u dey talk like say u dey school with her. What stop her from coming home for more than six months na? master degree is not two years marathon, there is usually holidays
Re: My Friend Is Cheating On His Wife, Putting Me In A Tight Situation by MarieSucre(f): 1:16pm On Nov 14, 2016
RoadsAndGreen:
oh now i get where you coming but how does this change anything? life is not fair baby. no one chooses to be a male or female, beautiful or ugly. sex driven or not... everyone just want to be happy, by doing so we trample on others and cost them pain. finding the perfect solution to situations is best.

that's why I said both of them are wrong. in life you need to have scale of preference. you need to sacrifice dreams to fulfil other dreams. if you love your family you need to school closer.

No both of them are not wrong. One of them is wrong. The woman is not breaking her marriage vows anymore than the man would if he were the one travelling abroad for his masters. The man is defiling his matrimonial bed. Call a ♠ a spade and stop making excuses for adultery.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Friend Is Cheating On His Wife, Putting Me In A Tight Situation by xynerise: 1:17pm On Nov 14, 2016
Wait, some people are asking the Op to mind his business because it is the man caught cheating abi? If it is the woman, I know a lot of people especially the guys will be first to say "report the bitc''h" to your friend if you care about him.

My advise to intending couple, please don't agree to what you cannot endure. Maybe you don't know that staying a bit far from each other for a long time can disorganise your psychology. Sex dey sweet die..and she must be around when it is your peak period. You guys just don't get it. That is why most people cheat.

2 Likes

Re: My Friend Is Cheating On His Wife, Putting Me In A Tight Situation by MarieSucre(f): 1:18pm On Nov 14, 2016
goingape1:
most things in marriage are easily avoidable!

she most have know the type of man she is marrying before venture into that marriage.

don't tell me you won't know a cheating man miles away?

So it's now her fault? Why can't men take responsibility for once.

-She did not pamper me well.
-She did not fly from a storey building and die.
-She did not dress like Kim Kardashian.

What about you? Yes you? Will your leg break if you decide to be a good person?
Or are you excusing the man's cheating?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Friend Is Cheating On His Wife, Putting Me In A Tight Situation by Nobody: 1:18pm On Nov 14, 2016
MizzD:
I'm actually more pissed at the comments here than the cheating spouse right now.

On one hand we have the mind your business ignorant crew who clearly read that the man has been having unprotected sex with this side chic thats got nothing on the wife in all standards. Yet same people will dispute stories about an entire family wiping off from the face of the earth due to exposure to HIV and AIDS from a philandering husband. I mean how low can a married man go exposing your beautiful family to such. This man has no regard for his wife and kids.

On the second hand we have eediots with no future ambition who think it's okay for a woman To let go her dreams and aspirations because she has to be by her husband like a monitoring spirit to prevent him from philandering. And then we wonder why we have few female professors, engineers and professionals when in this century many, including women(to my surprise) believe once your married as a woman that is the end of your dreams and aspirations. Your purpose is to worship your husband and ensure he never cheats on you. Jokers

Do people really think at all on this forum.? How can I be reading ignorant and extremely myopic comments in this age. Since when did distance become a determining factor for cheating.? What if one's spouse becomes ill for months? What if it was the hubby that travelled to give his family a better life (which usually occurs at one point or the other in a couple's life) and the wife becomes the Unrepentant cheat. Are we all going to blame him for doing so and then excuse the wife's behaviour?

For someone like Op to post this, he really must feel sad about the situation and holds his friend's wife in high regard. It's really unfortunate as this new karashika is even a threat to the family's existence right now as she has been making threats already.

My advice is that you hint the wife about this even if it has to be anonymous so she can at least come home briefly to assess the situation of things and make he decisions. There's no point asking you to talk to your friend as it's obvious it's not working.

Lastly, you might want to distance yourself from such a friend as well and let him know you can't keep being a friend with his reckless lifestyle. I just hope he doesn't realise the harm he's doing too late.

Deus te benedicat
Re: My Friend Is Cheating On His Wife, Putting Me In A Tight Situation by MarieSucre(f): 1:19pm On Nov 14, 2016
Urukpe:

Yes it does sometimes. In science negative times negative is positive. lol

Kontinuu I hope you don't fall victim to a cheating spouse.
Re: My Friend Is Cheating On His Wife, Putting Me In A Tight Situation by AuroraB(f): 1:19pm On Nov 14, 2016
Amelian:
It's a pity, some married women are like that... They will leave their husband, travel abroad for further studies and I usually ask, this PHD or masters u are going for? Please enlighten me, what do u intend to do with it? They will say they just want to have higher degrees.
I shake head for those wives.. Later they will start crying wolf, saying can u imagine her husband has married another woman.. May the almighty God give them sense to see the havoc they are creating in their homes.

Op, your friend is lonely. And even if the wife travels with the next flight back home to fight her husband. Cos He is the only person she can fight for now.. After telling her sorry dear, with sweet words and she travels back.. He will still go back to his girlfriend.. And the girlfriend is determined to be his wife.. So my dear, the situation is messy already.
You are messed up. Did the husband complain? Did he give the excuse or you chose to hold brief for him albeit without pay? You can see men letting you know you got it wrong! Your mentality could be infectious! You are afraid of your husband marrying a second wife or what? I guess if he does... inukwa okwu undecided sad

2 Likes

Re: My Friend Is Cheating On His Wife, Putting Me In A Tight Situation by RoadsAndGreen(m): 1:22pm On Nov 14, 2016
MarieSucre:

No both of them are not wrong. One of them is wrong. The woman is not breaking her marriage vows anymore than the man would if he were the one travelling abroad for his masters. The man is defiling his matrimonial bed. Call a ♠ a spade and stop making excuses for adultery.
you don't even know the significance of your status "we are prisoners to our own desires"

what a shame
Re: My Friend Is Cheating On His Wife, Putting Me In A Tight Situation by arosunshine(m): 1:24pm On Nov 14, 2016
Re: My Friend Is Cheating On His Wife, Putting Me In A Tight Situation by SmartyPants(m): 1:25pm On Nov 14, 2016
ephi123:

That particular comment was not referring to this case but to your statement of a man who lacks self-control and integrity. And I maintain such a person will cheat regardless.

Why should a woman be the one responsible for her husband's decision to cheat or not cheat. It is very unfair that a man who should be leader and head of the house will need his wife to exercise control over him not to cheat! Is he a puppet? Is she a super power? In any case we can see that does not even work, cos if it did, we would have many more faithful married men in Nigeria. Ultimately, it is the man's decision.

Lol alright we can agree to disagree then. But let me restate that i do not endorse cheating.

It is vile and a sin before God and man.
Re: My Friend Is Cheating On His Wife, Putting Me In A Tight Situation by TheNonce: 1:25pm On Nov 14, 2016
nubian999:

Your preaching to the choir as long as your trying to convince that child chiam! She's exhibiting the classic naija woman syndrome when it comes to marriage! For example..

"I'm married so I don't need to better myself or further my prospects since my husband has promised my siblings, folks and village people that I'm going to be well looked after by him and if I keep up my end of the bargain with the cooking, cleaning, _shagging and the kids then our utopian marriage is guaranteed"

Eventually women like her all learn the truth about marriage and relationships, either when they are in it or at this trial stage! Let her enjoy her Alice years for a little while until REALITY BITES! Lol.....

2 Likes

Re: My Friend Is Cheating On His Wife, Putting Me In A Tight Situation by goingape1: 1:27pm On Nov 14, 2016
MarieSucre:

So it's now her fault? Why can't men take responsibility for once.

-She did not pamper me well.
-She did not fly from a storey building and die.
-She did not dress like Kim Kardashian.

What about you? Yes you? Will your leg break if you decide to be a good person?
Or are you excusing the man's cheating?
yes! because this world doesn't acknowledged good person!

many good men have been turn to monster because of the like of ya women!

this particular one is her own fault and nothing but her faults!

I have seen many women who work at bank crying because of this same stuff!

you don't have time for ya husband who did you think will have time for him? of cause the next woman available!

if she is at home and he is cheating on her that will be a different story and he is at fault for that!

that excuse is legitimate because she cause it herself

1 Like

Re: My Friend Is Cheating On His Wife, Putting Me In A Tight Situation by tintingz(m): 1:29pm On Nov 14, 2016
SmartyPants:

You are somehow contradicting yourself. If you say a man who would cheat, will always cheat, then he would surely cheat with or without "a convenient excuse".

Since according to the OP, this behavior started only when the "convenient excuse" presented itself, it still boils down to exactly what i said before:

If you know your man has such a weakness, then do not give him the "convenient excuse" that he needs to indulge himself.

cc tintingz
How do you know he's not cheating before the wife traveled? Because the OP didn't mention that doesn't mean he has not been cheating before she traveled. The difference is it was not obvious until she traveled.

Again you can't change a man's sexual life.

If he lacks self control, monitoring or being present will not even change anything especially in Africa where men get away with anything.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Young Man Cries On Facebook After His Little Daughter's Death. Photos / After 25 Years, Woman Dumped 70-year-old Hubby For First Love / People Exchange Kids, Clothes For Food To Survive Hard Times

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.